1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

I have done very, very little CP server racing (because of the experience described below), but whenever I do, the server is extremely under-populated and within 30mins I've been the only person still racing, so just quit too. Sadly, whenever I boot the game up I think 'nah, that won't be a fulfilling experience' so don't bother with it.

Have I just been really unlucky?

Ciccina2016 likes this.
  2. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

I'm dont asking Kunos to change the track ingame - I'm not crazy yet :D. Those were thoughts in the ears - green (orange or any that are not in the color of the track) kerbs in IRL would be more logical for visual perception.

Although maybe it's just a problem of my personalized visual perception of shades and colors.

3. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

Nah it's dead. I think scheduling and matchmaking is key here because that way you can pool players into specific timeslots and sort of "increase" your player base. E.G. if you can register for Thursday ev and you know there are 20 people already registered at that time and the race will go ahead it's worth it. If you can get that sorted you also dont need the 20 mins FP that it has now. Anyway Kunos can't do it for infrastructure reasons. Given how quickly this fizzled out I'm also sceptical that if they do add timeslots and registration it would work, maybe the ACC playerbase is just to small for this and people have to stay with leagues which essentially do this (+social aspect).

Also there is stuff with the timings and no pitstops that throws me off the current format. Esp timings it just takes too long for the race to get underway with full formation lap and all setup and wait counters set to 4 mins.

4. david m

david m Racer

it's sad to see CP servers had become useless to have fun online.

In my opinion for some people the races are too long. Having some other kind of race distance of less m inutes races can be quite good idea to see if it makes more popular. Also one important thing is that at this moment drivers don't know nothing about when the races are gonna happen.

perhaps an option to see a schedule of when races are gonna happen and then drivers know when the race it's gonna a happen exactly . And also a option to can sign for the races coming in next hours (or days )to happen, and in this way drivers can know how many drivers had signed

Who know if this is possible to do, and this make CP servers more useful and populated. :)

really hope some day we see some improvements being made in this CP servers , because initially the idea of CP servers when it was explained it seemed like a fantastic idea , but at the end of the day it has not worked as expected.
    but the idea is brilliant, it can be a place to havesafe races and distributed by pilot rating/level.

5. Turk

Turk Alien

People need to do longer races, 60 minutes is a good challenge I don't think they should change it.

What the CP servers need is SRS. I tried to do a CP race twice and they were just empty. People probably don't want to drop into a 60 minute race, I'm certain they would sign up for it though. Reduce the number of races, have them on at specific times and show how many have signed up.

sps_for_race, tjr and romandevision like this.
  6. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Scheduled CP races would be great I need quite a time for prepair myself for 1hr race (turn of phone, lock door, get a nice cup of coffee, rubb my eyes, and so on:))

7. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

And reduce SA to 60. This rating means little, but 70 is too high.

anthonylroy likes this.
  8. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Well I can't agree with u but ye for some SA seems to be a issue

9. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

For the last 100 hours my fault was 1 case (I apologized to my opponent - it was a racing incident and he understood it too). But every race I'm getting -SA from 60+ players.

My SA is 62.

10. Turk

Turk Alien

That might be possible, in Racedepartment race there is a big range in skills and it doesn't cause issues, although that's a club. With scheduled races it might be easier to spot the trouble causers and just ban them from that server.

romandevision likes this.
  11. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Certainly agree with all of that. This game shines in long stints, and the variety of tracks can make for endlessly interesting racing, but it seems it's hard to get this happening online without entering a league. I have to admit my heart sinks a little bit every time I hit the quickjoin button and enter another 20 minute Monza server.

Turk, [ATF]Shanti and romandevision like this.
  12. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Sadly there seems to be some truth in that. Also with CP races, a lot of people leave during the race if they screw up or get punted. If more people stayed one would even find a race after an incident and repair pitstop.

Longer races (1h kind of resembles an endurance stint) are highly interesting as they induce fuel saving, tyre monitoring, driver fatigue, a lot of stuff that doesn´t play any role with 20 min races. Caring for your car and going over the line after 60 minutes is really rewarding though!

One has to find the time though, CP race means about 1.5 hours, a lot of people can´t do that in a normal evening, I guess. I´m not without fault as well, during the week when I get home tired sometimes I also know that I can´t handle 1h, so I take a look at shorter races. And during the weekends the crazy crowd is on the servers, I started to avoid racing than.

EsxPaul likes this.
  13. TRIAS

TRIAS Racer

CP idea is dead as I see it. It was an experiment that didnt work out. I agree that SRS system in original AC is WAY ahead of what ACC offers now . It allows people of similar skill level to compete in time slots. What we have now in ACC is BASIC stuff that can work in shooters where skill of all players doesnt matter. Orginized leagues - is where all action is. Essentially, all who loves ACC for its unmatched physics and authenyicity feel have created gardened communities (called leagues). All remaining players who either dont have time or wish to join leagues are left alone and do what they want on remaining servers(wreck each other, disconnect from race and do it again on next server). Sad state of things if you ask me. Apparently, devs disagree with that view and think what they already have is good enough, at least I didnt read their statements that they are not happy with what we have now.

14. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

CPs will have a few changes soon(tm), tackling the one or other issue and hopefully bring the shape that it's at least regularily used. I know this is promised quite some time now, but now actually we found the time and current dev builds have the changes already in testing. Won't convert public MP, nor will be a competitor for league races - but maybe fills a slot somewhere in between. I do not agree on every point, but having them open all day long is the major problem; once we can focus drivers to less occasions I'm sure we will see them getting populated again.

Edit: removed sour comment

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  15. Turk

Turk Alien

If someone drops out of a race they could have all their positive point taken away while they keep their negative points. As punishment for not completing the race.

chksix likes this.
  16. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

It's already like that, not even as a special punishment but that's how it works.

chksix and Turk like this.
  17. Si.

Si. Simracer

Good to hear that changes are coming to the CP servers, they’re not something I’ve managed to use more than a couple of times due to time, population etc.

18. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

It was from the beginning clear that CP concept will not work for the most users.
    - you don't know when will the next race start on what track
    - if CP server provides a race on a track you are interessted of, following happens:
    - Practice phase over, you have to wait another 1,5 hours to participate, but that's not possible, it's already 9 p.m., kids are finally in bed, but the next day you also must get up early to go to work
    - You are the first, so you have the choice to start a boring 25min practice and hope there will come enough other people, but race itself will start 1h from now, or you just go on this random 20 minute Monza server to have the action now

Without scheduling CP servers are not working.

Kopiller likes this.
  19. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

No somethisg positive:
    Right now finished a 20 minutes Monza.
    All the time fair dogfights wheel on wheel, totaly exhausted now, 29 trust, 0 OBWP, +2 SA.
    Thanks to the SA system you can fight in a pack of 5 and get zero incs.:)

mike reynolds likes this.
  20. TRIAS

TRIAS Racer

Dear Minolin, I said many times that ACC is a brilliant software, but it is 2019 and you guys compete not just with auto sim makers but with other titles that provide smooth multiplayer experience. I for one have at most 1.5 hours on weekdays and 4-5 hours on Sundays (if/when I bribe my wife to have thay much time). I bet there are many customers that are on similar shedule. So if there was matchmaking SRS like service, then I could register for some time slot and would spend my weekday 1.5 hours enjoyng ACC with other drivers who are at my speed on the track. Right now it is far from where it could be, sadly.

Ciccina2016 likes this.