1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

^

Wow, just wow, you really should not be posting on this subject, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt, that English is not your language.

And I invite ANYBODY to prove I am wrong.

2. English isn't my first language. So maybe there is a language barrier.
    So I translate your example:
    "Two identical cars, stopped, in identical conditions, with equally capable drivers.
    One car starts .5 second before the other."
    to:
    -two identical cars
    -stopped at the track side by side at the line
    -identical conditions
    -equally capable drivers
    -car1 starts first
    -car2 starts 0.5secs later

So please tell me whats wrong and make your math right.

3. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

^

What math ???

Its simple logic, the car that starts 1st, will be constantly accelerating away from the 2nd car, because its constantly going faster.

Further, if two identical cars are at a fixed constant speed, and one starts accelerating 1st, that car will constantly pull away from the last to start accelerating, because its always going faster.

Due to acceleration, the missing factor in your concept.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  4. Jack Bancroft

Jack Bancroft Simracer

Bathurst

[​IMG]

Laguna Seca

[​IMG]

Posted on Marco Massarutto's Facebook

5. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Really looking forward to Bathurst, not a big fan of Laguna Seca.

6. Oh dear....waiting for that DLC....but when??? LOL

7. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

Sorry to quote myself, but this is extremely frustrating. Is it acknowledged or able to be fixed?
    I'm saving replays if there is any doubt about the validity.

8. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

You don't need to post any videos, I have posted many to confirm your point,... with no response.

But more than welcome.

And they are not little bumps, but full on crashing, and continually pushing after contact.

9. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Exepted that at some point there is no more acceleration (v max), and the distance may grow but the time will stay the same.

But if we came back ton the subject. Can someone tell me how to overtake a Jaguar with a Lambo Evo at Monza.
    I've spent 15min last night try. Even if a was quicker in turning and speed exit. Acceleration and Vmax of the Jaguar did not let me a chance.

10. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Agreed, have never stated otherwise.

Was just trying to demonstrate that, the car with better exit will have the advantage all of the way up the straight, and with that, the possibility to end up beside the car ahead BEFORE the braking zone, to make a SAFE pass.

That is all I was trying to present, but unfortunately became a shouting match.

In your case, just use AI tactics, and punt the Jag off at the next corner,... ;)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  11. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

You really need a significantly better exit now though to have a chance in the slower cars to get alongside. And this is hard to get on a lot of corners / tracks unless the car ahead screws up the corner significantly even with slingshot stuff. The slipstream used to help get you alongside with a slightly better exit but now that has been reduced it's hard, except maybe Mistral (as @Minolin says) or e.g. the Monza main straight.

So I really understand the braking shenanigans from the Ferraridrivers.

I did Brands Hatch 1hr race yesterday and all the overtakes I saw were because of significant mistake from the car ahead. I didn't even bother to overtake, I just waited for mistakes.

I think that's the way it is in reality though from the few Blancpain races I saw and that David Perel mega divebomb onboard vid.

romandevision and After_Midnight like this.
  12. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

^
    Actually there are a number of reasons why a driver can have a better exit than the car ahead, and it doesn't have to be "significantly better".
    Because you now have the whole straight to capitalize on your ever increasing speed advantage.

Once again, my point is that all one has to do is get up beside, not completely beside, but just enough to make the lead cars line through the corner less than optimal, and now there is a chance to make a safe pass, because you are braking on the inside towards the apex of the corner.

And explaining how this is possible.

But hey, if some feel this maneuver is impossible, have fun following,... I prefer racing.

And also realize that I have to be better than the car in front, to make a pass.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  13. Hotdog

Hotdog Simracer

Can't wait for Bathurst. Now I might be wrong but I was there in 2017 and the fence along the top of the mountain was cyclone fencing with a top rail. like this picture. Just nick picking. :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

trutya likes this.
  14. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Piret2000 likes this.
  15. And the ants nest to the right isnt their , for gods sake arrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh.

Hotdog and Piret2000 like this.
  16. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

this is "me" so much :D

DzelRacing and Coanda like this.
  17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

If you get the chance you should go down under one day.. ;)

I've driven around Bathurst.. Anyone can as it is public roads..

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  18. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

Barthust is on of my favorite track!
    When do you plan your to release that ?

19. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

When they have a firm date to release the DLC , they’ll let everyone know at once. And you won’t have to ask as it’ll be all over the forum.

20. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Last night made some races at SA=0 servers, because some friends that are new to ACC.
    Saw a lot of AM drivers, half of them were experienced simmers. I guess that's good, a lot of new people coming in.

Son, After_Midnight and Piret2000 like this.