1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Maybe (maybe) the replay setting is not "absolute", but relative to graphic settings?

I mean, EPIC replay setting show all what you already seen ingame, in the same way? And so on for all the other replay's settings?

So if you have ingame "medium" graphic settings, and i "low" or "ultra", our replay could be different even if both set up it on "epic".

could be?

After_Midnight likes this.
  2. Dookie

Dookie Hardcore Simmer

Replay quality sets the fidelity of the replay in terms of steering and pedal input of the cars. If it's set to low those inputs are shown less accurate making the replay file lighter. It shouldn't affect the graphics of the replay as far as I know.
    I'm not at home so I can't look but is there a world detail setting?
    Or maybe you were using different modes (hotlap, trackdy etc) where some objects differ?

After_Midnight likes this.
  3. I dunno o_O That's why I'm asking.

German:
    Dookie du alte Socke. Ein gesundes neues Jahr :) und jetzt scher dich heeme und gugge nach. :p

English:
    Many thanks for this kind of detailed answer. As far as I know threre's no world detail setting like in AC. Also all the objects are there when I'm driving.
    Maybe a valid point here: Like said in the video I used a replay file of an online qualifiying while Alistair's replay was a Hotlap session in single player.

Greets After_Midnight

Dookie likes this.
  4. bartouze

bartouze Gamer

i wish we have realistic dommage implanted someday, because at the moment its "toy like"

5. FelixR1991

FelixR1991 Simracer

From yesterday's 2000h CP split1 race;

Sorry not sorry

6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

ACC is at a Very positive rating on Steam now. Congrats Kunos.

MonzterPixel, DaveS78, Son and 4 others like this.
  7. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

haha that's funny Felix,
    **** happens I guess :p

FelixR1991 likes this.
  8. Short feedback to this: It doesn't matter what kind of mode I record (hotlap, practise, single or multiplayer). The objects are still missing in the replay. :( So I think the reason for this is a momentarily unknown graphic setting.

9. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

Hey, quick question here, I don't want to open a new thread, do you find that the AI is a disaster in nurburgring, I found it fine in other tracks but in nurburg I found it near AC quality, lots of braking mid corner, lack of awareness etc...

10. MrGit@Twitch

MrGit@Twitch Hardcore Simmer

These CP servers are really great now, but don't get focused on the car in front too much!

vanveen, Thug, david m and 3 others like this.
  11. trutya

trutya Simracer

that's true :D
    i'm okay in the lower spots of top 10.
    but the racing is really great now!

did only 2 CP races yet, but i enjoyed them a LOT

12. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Your pace was very good After the Pit stop. Did you use a custom setup ? You catch Me so quickly (before my mistake).

PS: I 'm "Detravers" in the game.

FelixR1991 likes this.
  13. GoBo

GoBo Gamer

Hi everyone!

I must say I love ACC and the way It goes. But in somehow I need to explain my mixed feelings about the new AI.

After the latest changes on the new super safe AI, I'm not sure if I like It or if I dislike it.
    Fellow sim racers, let me explain it a little bit more.

I’m not a real driver, and I’ve only raced karts a few times, and in real live I always drive in the most safest and preventive way, so Im not sure about my mixed feelings.

In the previous AI versions I felt more realistic behaviors. I somehow, when I lost SA racing against the AI I was my fault, because I was overdriving or even drive bombing while trying to overtaking.
    I really didn't need even to see the replay to see that was my fault.

But, I must admit I saw the old AI trying to have some risky and beautiful attacks, defenses and even overtakes.
    Even when there were some collisions , bugs or some problems to solve, I had to admit that I had the feeling that the AI was evolving in the right direction.

Forgiving the first lap feature I had more realistic immersion and taking advantage of the AI was not easy (at least without a collision). I miss it more in long races than in short ones, but I really miss it.

But, I must admit that, in the other hand, the new mild AI seems to help me to become a better driver. I know that the quick reward of “finishing race SA bonus” helps a lot, but also does the forgiving AI helps to craft SA and making more enjoyable driving ACC.

But I miss the old and more realistic AI, even with It's failures. It felt more real that the new super safe!
    I don’t know if I’m the only one, but I would love to have an option to have it back when a want some concrete race and I can't find it online, and want the real thing, now the super safe "farming SA" AI.

I'm not against AI farming, but I also liked the old AI.
    I feel a bit strange saying It, but... Am I the only one feeling that way
    Anyone more would like to have It in some option or parameter?

earlyapex likes this.
  14. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

What % are you running AI at ?

15. GoBo

GoBo Gamer

I've tryed several levels in different tracks from 90% up to 96-97%. As a rule of a thumb, I always pair opponent skill with opponent agressiveness. I must said It's a general feeling, not AI level dependant. Also I must said I'm not sure about it. I'm not special safe neither faster racer, but I feel in my guts that latest AI racing are more usually lika a train. I also can be my mind playing tricks on me. :)

16. Burnleyhome

Burnleyhome Racer

I personally like the new AI. I would run the old AI towards the 0% aggression with 90% skill and on my slow corners I would get hit from behind. Its like they ignored my car and broke at their normal point. Only way to avoid this was to take a defensive line and they they would go super slow around the corner since I messed up their racing line. The cars behind wouldn't hit them though, just me.
    With new AI, I never got hit in the back, so if I was slower than them around a corner and broke earlier, I was safe from spinning.
    I started with them at 50% aggression and if I put my nose on the inside line, they gave me the corner.
    I changed to 100% aggression and now if I put my nose on the inside line, they go the long way around and force me to compromise my exit, or if I miss the apex, they is a chance of me hitting them (which is fair enough). Only part they don't do is with a left / right as even if I give them room on the 2nd corner (since I'm a gentleman) they bork their 2nd corner and slow way down. Great example is Misano slow right-right-left (3rd-5th corners). They are alongside me on the two right, so I give them the apex on the left and they brake hard and I'm 1-2 seconds up the road on the exit. Maybe this is by design to avoid collisions, or if I played with a higher skill level, they race harder (this was with 95% skill on Misano since I'm decent on this track).

Its an awesome game and I love racing against the AI at a similar level as it shows me that I need to drive at limits and not above them. Its so easy to miss a braking point and then try to compensate on the exit with too much throttle or at the next corner, then you're off track. Either + 0.5 sec gap or +3 sec and 3 more overtakes

17. Maybe join the multi player :)

GoBo likes this.
  18. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

There is a thread about this but I#m posting my comments here just incase others have the same issue and can post on the over thread.
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/ffb-dissapearing.58437/

19. Si.

Si. Simracer

@Gopher04 are you saving a custom setup created prior to v1.2, as it sounds as though the save is basically converting it to the latest v1.2 format and thus it becomes compatible?

20. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Yes setups prior to 1.2 and new custom setups after 1.2, for what ever reason I don't know why but it is happening, today for me it happened again after a week of creating a whole new bunch of setups, was actually running today on Nurburgring for maybe 2 hrs and all was good, went off fopr a few hours came back went to the same combo again same session and everything, went on track and bang the setup was awful, all over the place, and so was the ffb and as I said it actually felt inverted, so resaved the setup undera new title and it was fine again, it's happened on quite a few occassions now.