1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

5 Out of 6 times I can take that combo flat out, but the 6th time would need an investigation from the NTSB and a search for the flight data recorder as the remains of the car would be confused with a jetliner crash. I found the trick to take that corner combination as fast as possible: exactly between eau rouge and the raidillon lifting the throttle about 20% (motec data) for a moment and then instantly get to 100% throttle again, with that method you loose about half a tenth of second against to 100% flat out but it is possible to do it 10 out of 10 times. I observed that the spin always happens just before the highest part of the raidillon, the rear loose ground effect and the tyres start to slide about 25 to 35 km/h faster than the front tyres that can rotate freely, then the balance is so messed up that the car spins. TC increase and rear wing increase help but the car looses time in the rest of the track, I tried all kind of tricks to try to tame the car but the car always ends up loosing time in the rest of the track. The window of performance of that car is really narrow because of the big aero platform sensitivity to pitch and roll.

LucaBenj and After_Midnight like this.
  2. Southy654

Southy654 Rookie

Looks like Zandvorts getting a serious overhaul.

Interested to know if Kunos will put time/effort into updating it for the 2020 season or not.

3. Exactly my experience and observations. I even tried this setup advice:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/the-audi-r8-lms-gt3.57915/page-3#post-1107383

Atm I drive the Eau Rouge/Raidillon like you said. It's for me the only way to stay alive at long term and don't end as a X- file for Mulder and Scully which never will be closed. :p
    The time loss in comparison the flat out is close to nothing and the car still hits 264 km/h at the end of the Kemmel.
    Still the Audi is the most scariest car ingame at this part of the track. It's hard to believe the 2019 version "suit the needs of customer racing drivers even better than before". o_O
    Do you use the aggressive preset?

4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

While I obviously would want to see accurate circuits if Kunos added the 2020 season at some point, I'd prefer if they focused on adding more new content to the sim instead of chasing after circuit changes made to suit F1. It's also why I'm not mad at the 2019 update not including the changes to the Paul Ricard pit lane, as the laser scanning is not exactly cheap. Instead of going back and rescanning the whole thing we got the best rendition of Zandvoort to date and now the IGTC DLC in a fairly short time frame.

Freddie Seng and TheBoss like this.
  5. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Plus, Zandvoort with all that sand would be a setup nightmare. :D

Echo_29 likes this.
  6. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

I don't understand how CP Rating works. I have 3 CP races. The first I joined and realized that only 4 people were in the server, so I didn't bother and left right away --> Rating: 0, ELO: 1500, Result 3/4

Yesterday and today I did my first real races
    - Yesterday: Rating 0, ELO 1512, Result 8/22
    - Today: Rating 1, ELO 1503, Result 14/21

Can't really get my head around it. Would anybody be so kind and elaborate?
    Yesterday I also managed to get pole position. Does that count anything?

Plus may I suggest introducing stats were you can see the results of the races? Like with positions times etc? I'm kinda sick of taking screenshots plus ppl may have left until I get to capture it.

7. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

I use the aggressive setup as a reference point, but I always heavily modify setups in any sim as I enjoy quite a lot the testing, theorising, and learning process. But with the R8 at Spa right now I'm very close to default aggressive setup, I still want to do more setup work with the car, as I still have some some setup ideas that I want to put to test. But the R8 isn't even my go to car, I tend to race with the porsche, mclaren and ferrari, sometimes even the lambo with very heavily modified setups in all cases as I dislike the balance in all those cars quite a lot.

The R8 out of those 2 corners is mind blowing, for example I find amusing how when in les combes the car starts to dangerously oversteer with big yaw angles then you smash the throttle and the car auto-stabilizes itself.

After_Midnight likes this.
  8. Would be awesome you're able to share some of your setups. Especially for the Porsche and the Audi. Of course just if you like to share it :)

9. I want to cry

10. Why? o_O

11. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Beautiful music for the ears, on two levels.

12. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

As you wish. My internal naming code:
    Qualy -> self explanatory. Sometimes I use only the laptime without the qualy name
    Race -> Most of my race setups are intended for a 1 hour stint non stop
    Test -> I use this to explore different directions in setup work, because sometimes the road ends up in nowhere I don't save those changes in to the main qualy or race setup, I only do that when the setup direction that I choosen to folow ended up being best than the original
    Exp -> Experimental, it is the same as the test one but with crazy ideas and just few changes
    Base ->Agressive setup without changes with the brake ducts exception

There you have the porsche, audi and mclaren setups for spa. Share your opinion, I'm very open to hear ideas about how to improve further from other people, but if possible back it with data. Years ago I started to being very data driven, it started when I found some cases in what a car that feels amazing and quite easy to drive being slower than an unconfortable setup. That is more the exception than the rule, but because of that I don't take feeling as seriously as cold data.

Take in account that the fuel loads can be all over the place, as I calculate that in the very last moment with an excel spreadsheet that I made for that purpose.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  13. Thank You very much mate :) I really hope I'm able to test your setup at the weekend. And I'll share my impressions of course. But I can't back it up with datas. Sadly I'm the opposite of "data driven" :confused:

Greets and Thanks
    After_Midnight

14. Tiger Feet

Tiger Feet Racer

@trasgu I just tried your Porsche quali setup. I love it! I love the balance. I like the confidence it gives me to attack corners rather than just survive. It definitely suits my style.

15. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

Yes, the car needed setup work but the greatest difference comes with the setup for the mclaren, it seems almost like a different car if you try the original agressive setup before. I'm glad you guys enjoy it.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  16. Turk

Turk Alien

If you look really close it's Aris driving that digger. If they build the road, then they know the road.

17. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

Hi, I don't know if it's the right place to write this, but I have three doubts.

- Is it possible to have two graphic configurations to load during the game? I would like to have a very low graphics configuration for VR and a very high monitor configuration.

- Is it normal that playing online in VR without having any pilot in sight the performance goes down a lot?

- Is it possible to have vsync activated only in replay?

eracerhead and Maciej Malinowski like this.
  18. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

You Can create custom graphic settings.

TheBoss likes this.
  19. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

Yes, we can. To my knowledge, they don’t load automatically depending on which .exe you start with. I’d be pleasantly surprised to find I’m wrong.

20. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

No they don't but it easy to swap between settings. Far easier than before.