1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

But I think you still have to choose the resolution though as it only the graphic settings that are saved.
    I use a Rift CV1 and also a 43” ultra wide so have the same issue.

2. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Résolution is usless in VR no ? I don't really understand where the problem is?
    I should have miss something.

3. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

I have never heard that, but that would explain why I can’t set CV1’s native resolution in game.

4. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

I never have to set resolution when using VR.

5. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

I thought the base image resolution was set independently of the game, in Steam ?

6. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

Thank you for sharing these setups, they are a very good, very healthy basis._;)

7. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the help, I managed to save two different settings, I didn't know there was a possibility. On the other issues, I would really need the option of vsync in replay, the inconsistency of fps kills fluency and is very annoying. About VR I think I'm going to stop trying, the game does not look good, AC1 is a VR show but the unreal engine does not seem to be good for VR, I have the same problems with KartKraft, although KK seems to work better.

8. Here is my feedback about your provided setups. I'm just talking about the setups for the Audi because I want to stick to the car atm.
    First things first: Thank You very much :)
    I've tried your qualy setup under green, fast and optimum conditions. At the first laps I was always to late at every corner entry. It needed about 20 laps before I got used to it. The reason for this is the very inresponse car behaviour, I think. The Audi got a very lazy frontend and hate to turn in. Also the abillity to make the car turning by applying throttle inputs was gone. The car tend to massive understeer under throttle. There was also no way for me to go flat turn 18 without getting penalized by track limits at the outside. Very hard to get a 2:19.xx done. And I really struggle to do consistent lap times. I appriciate the higher possibilty to stay alive at Eau Rouge/Raidillon and the slightly higher top speed (265/266 km/h) at the end of the Kemmel but the time loss is to much at the rest of the lap. Mostly because of the tendency to understeer on throttle and at mid and highspeed corners. And even after 40-50 laps I don't got used to it.
    So the small benefits doesn't outweigh the too many downsides.
    Please don't get my wrong. I don't want to call your setups bad. But it seems we've just a different driving style and a different approach how the car should behave.

Greets After_Midnight

9. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Just coming in from Split 3 on the Nürburgring, awesome race, 60km SA rated fighting, track getting darker starting from blue skies, ending in slight rain at the end of the race. Just enough to make the curbs slippery, but still driveable with Slicks.

Despite having to go off track in L1 to avoid a collision and spending 1:15 in the pits because I messed up some Pitstop preset, it was an hour very well spent!

Thug and After_Midnight like this.
  10. theivansk

theivansk Racer

With a 9200 total rating and 82 CC rating,today started playing with the porsche. I have been winning races, but I seems like the rating system doesn't read well my driving style, because since then, my cc rating has drop to 78. And I don't crash or anything like that. I don't know what to do. Definitely this needs a fix.
    Is it because the car? Because I have driven every car, and with no one have happen this.

11. CC is about car control and not related to winning races or driving all cars. It's the same with the CN (consistency) rating. If you want to improve these ratings you can change the Rating Practise Info in the HUD options.
    IMO both ratings are more or less "Hotlap-Practise-Ratings". To improve :) your driving. Very useful if you are in a new car or on a new track. If you're lapping just by yourself and the CC/CN rating are dropping this issue is mostly you and there is no need for Kunos to fix it. ;)

But if you're in close fight with an other car it's impossible to stay consistent because you've to react to the car in front. Your CN will drop. If you start to take different lines to get in a better position for an overtake attempt and your car will slide a bit more your CC and CN will drop. Even if you're able to drift a GT3 car controlled and spectacular around the whole track the CC rating will drop at least.
    Both ratings are between 85-95 in my case and to be honest I don't care about it in races.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  12. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

No worries, it was as I mentioned earlier: I tried all kind of tricks to try to find a way to make the car behave in that corner combo, but at the end I always end up coming back to almost original setup because I couldn't make it work as I intended, and in the rest of the track the car underperforms (understeers like a pig), it is an experimental mess after all. I still can get into the low 18s with that setup, but default agressive is better than that setup. Give it a fast try to the other cars setups, I guarantee that the other 2 cars handle way better.

After_Midnight likes this.
  13. Zadra_SCM

Zadra_SCM Rookie

Does anyone know what this lever meant to do?
    It is also present in Porsche 991.2 GT3 in ACC.

upload_2020-1-27_17-7-54.png

romandevision likes this.
  14. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

I believe it's for adjusting hight and depth of the steering wheel. Maybe even only one of the two, not quite sure.

15. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

Yes it’s to adjust steering wheel position, in GT3 cars like in road cars steering wheels are adjustable to suit every driver as well as seats or pedals position are adjustable depending on the car

romandevision and After_Midnight like this.
  16. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Are you sure it isn't just to mimic the use of the gear lever? :D

Nowadays almost everyone complains about the lack the good old gear lever and the joy of its involvment. It can be just a part of the Porsche Racing Experience mojo.:D

17. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

You are being sarcastic, right? :D

18. Pier84

Pier84 Simracer

19. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I'm just kidding with the choice of the lever, of course (and perhaps Porsche as well) :D:D
    [​IMG]

pons likes this.
  20. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Simracer

It's in german, but here you can see it in action at timestamp 12:01 (can't set it here for some reason) :)