1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You're right mate. Staying alive the whole race is very important :)

2. Piret2000

Piret2000 Racer

I've just done a PB of 2:07.917, a huge improvement from my 2:10:xxx from yesterday.

I tend to loose control of the car evey 10-ish laps, and hit a wall every 25-30-ish laps. Not bad, but I could not do a large event like a CP race without at least one incident

dodge33cymru and After_Midnight like this.
  3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@Piret2000 - Ok man.. If you have good awareness of other drivers around you and stick to one line, then based on what you have said I think that is fine for general MP servers.. Go for it matey, the more practice the better you will be.. Try not to loose it in the dipper though as that can cause a bottle neck and try to keep the aggression down until the lap times and confidence comes.

What gets annoying for faster drivers is coming across extremely slow drivers (10-15 seconds slower) that know the leader is lapping them after two laps and they pick a fight and you both end up in the wall.. I found myself in this position last week and was cleaned up whilst leading the race..

4. I'm no alien by any means but maybe useful. My fastest lap at this track so far:

Skip to 2:24 if you don't like the first part ;)

Piret2000 likes this.
  5. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

2:07 at this pace i wouldn't recommend doing any racing even offline. Why ?
    because i'll be honest that is quite slow laptime which means you still haven't figured out braking points,good cornering line and cornering speed etc.
    aim for pace that is closer to 2:03 at this pace you have probably figured out most of the things.
    After you reach 2:03 consistently faster lap times are combinations of driving skills 85-90% and remaining time is setup 15-10%.

6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

even offline..? a bit harsh mate.. I take your point about learning however for the 20-30 min servers I think it's ok providing he is not all over the place and causing a mess to others like some drivers do. I did a 2:00.2 the other day and I am happy to race on the same server with him. If it was 2:10+ then I would have suggested more SP practice. As long as he is consistent and predictable he shouldn't have any major issues..

7. Burnleyhome

Burnleyhome Racer

I've found that AI have decent lines. Go for a race with 10 AI cars and set them to 90% skill starting at the back. Follow them round to learn their line and braking points.
    Then tailor the AI for your skill level so you are same laptimes as 5th.
    This gives you chance to overtake and drive closely, which is great practice, also since AI are so consitent, you are forced to maintain consistency.
    I normally do a 30min race, as thats good endurance practice.

I started doing this, I was racing against 90% AI.
    I started mp when I was at 92% AI for tracks. I'm now at 95% AI for most tracks (Silverstone is 97%.. whoo hooo).

For starting with mp, I normally qualify on the fuel load that I would use for a race. This way, you get a chance to find first lap braking points (some tracks are not set to optimal, which is what I normally race offline on)
    First 3 corners, try to hold position, early braking points and back out if someone puts a move on you. After about 3 corners the potential chaos is clear and you should be good to see what you can do.
    If you stay consistent, you'll gain loads of places.
    Monza, Spa, I've started 28th and got to 13th by end of first lap, then in top 10 by 3rd. All overtaking was against stationary cars... just watch for them going back on track.

For offline, one nice thing about Silverstone is that you can gain 3 seconds if you cut the chicane after the long straight.. great if you lost it and want to get back behind them. In mp, thats a DSQ, so beware.

Freddie Seng and AndyK70 like this.
  8. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

uhm... huh? o_O

I'm between 2:04 and 2:05 consistently (@day) and there are no issues driving MP with that. Of course I'm not going to be on the podium but almost everytime in the top 10 of normal servers. Didn't have a CP race at Mount Panorama yet, can't discuss this.
    2:03 consistently with some laps at 2:02 is what the podium does.
    We can't all be top fast drivers. The midfield is awesome, too. Had nice fights there.

9. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

My previous comment was not about MP chaos etc if he plays safe, gives road to faster cars then its fine.
    I was trying to improve his experience in racing. I believe atleast getting some good laps on tracks make you more focus on racing rather than figuring out lines,braking point while racing.
    I'm not saying that anyone have to be master of track to race, all i'm saying is just good enough will do , so that one can enjoy racing more rather than surviving,figuring out,experimenting things in middle of race.

10. Most important part here is predictable :)

@SimGuy_1
    If you can't deal save with slower cars "I wouldn't recommend doing any racing even offline". Why? It's a part of any puplic server racing ;)

11. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I'm not saying that he will create chaos i never said that.
    I was trying to improve his experience by basically saying learn the track little bit more so that on race day he can give his 100%

12. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I don't do MP races lol. still just read my new comment so that my intentions are more clear.
    I was NOT trash talking just helping.

13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

As if everyone in a real race does the same times as the leading car...? A spread of times and having to deal with slower cars is entirely normal during endurance races.

14. Ale Robles

Ale Robles Racer

15. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

dunno, ACC 1.3 - was it on roadmap? maybe they "cleaned" it a bit, but it means no delay. think they work hard, marco said something on facebook like this, maybe corona hit them harder as they thought? lets hope the best.

16. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Only 13 days until 1.4 release, very interested to see MP and feature improvements.

17. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

I finally got to do some SP Races. The problem was, that in the mandatory pitstop I had to change tires and got an invalid stop because i didn't set the checkbox in the pitstop menu.

Is there a way to let the software chose the correct properties for such a case for laziness reasons?

18. Piret2000

Piret2000 Racer

I've noticed that in qualifying and in the hot lap mode, the track limits are more strict, but in race and free practice I can go a little more out of the track without having my lap invalidated.

My question is, practice mode in SP and race have both the same limits? Because I want to practice with the same track limits than in a normal race.

AndyK70 likes this.
  19. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Limits are the same no matter what session you are in, how the game deals with penalties etc is different. The limits to invalidate are the same though, I think placebo effect is involved if you noticed a difference :)

Freddie Seng and After_Midnight like this.
  20. Piret2000

Piret2000 Racer

Really? I would have sworn they are differently...