1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m4karov

m4karov Gamer

Good news. Finally we will see the sail simulator from him.

Guidofoc likes this.
  2. It was already like that in part. Of course with more reliable collision models they will go even more in that direction. At least that's my opinion.

3. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

I hope you read the same April Fool, otherwise it is sad news.

Edit:I just saw that it is not an April Fool, disgusted.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  4. What was his work on Kunos?

5. Psit

Psit Alien

He IS Kunos
    As i see it, he is the architect of Netkar, AC and ACC physics (and many many more game system/code i would guess)
    Really sad to see him leave, i wonder if they have anyone even close to his skillset to substitute him and i also fear for bigger changes since he was very close to Aris and Marco.

6. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I suspect he has not been involved in the development for a long while already. Seeing how the development of ACC is progressing, we are in good (excellent) hands. The features developed for ACC are really outstanding, the level of detail and accuracy is on another level compared to AC (which was great on its own). Certainly, we will miss a "genius" mind which is always useful to find original ways to solve a problem.

@Lord Kunos good luck on your next adventure.

Gevatter, Vision_Slayer_525 and Psit like this.
  7. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Hello,

the spreadsheet says: there are 624 tracks and car combinations :eek:
    I used 20 percent (127) - conclucison acc has far too much content! o_O
    how am I supposed to handle a dlc with new tracks and cars ???;)

a chit chat for acc ^^ is missing :p

edit: its really crazy, now career, long, with jaguar. this car has 12km seen before.
    now > 1000 and its amazing. so much to explore.:cool:

8. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@Vision_Slayer_525 - aris said some very interesting things bout stefano at the beginning of his last stream. really worth to have a look. hope this helps you to get an impression of the "whole thing".

9. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

10. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

11. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

12. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

13. Psit

Psit Alien

I faintly remember that they are not running too many servers because of running costs (for CP races), now that Amazon AWS is one of the main sponsors of SRO i think Mr. Massaruto has some nagging to do :D

Edit: Also, did i just see that there is a race at Misano happening?

14. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Wonder if ACC will support Nvidia's DLSS 2.0? I heard it's being integrated into UE4

The technology seems damn impressive, would be amazed if that's not going to be pretty much standard in gaming, some time from now. Much higher framerates, with not much difference in image quality compared to native resolution + old forms of AA. Not that I would benefit from it though, since I don't have a RTX card. But in the future everyone will probably have a GPU that supports something like this. Since this seems to be groundbreaking in terms of performance VS. perceived image quality

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    Epistolarius likes this.
  15. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

I'd personally wait to see it in actions to judge. The first iteration of DLSS also looked promising but was actually lackluster. Nvidia's advertising material looks promising but well.....it's Nvidia advertising material

16. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Yes DLSS 1.0 was lackluster (as is Raytracing), but has little to do with 2.0. Did you actually see the video and the results? It's from Digital Foundry (very good tech analysis/comparisons, unbiased and very in-depth, probably best in YouTube), not NVidia marketing material. And the results are goddamn impressive in Control, already were in Wolfenstein: Youngblood (although the game itself sucks)

I mean, what action are you waiting to see? It's in action right there on the video. And in those 2 games. Literally game changing. The most impressive tech I've seen in history of PC gaming. In the future, any game (or GPU) that wouldn't support this, will likely be at major disadvantage.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    Epistolarius and Ale Robles like this.
  17. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

Yep I saw the video, what I mean with in action is in more than two launch titles that have in common one thing, the ambience. What I fear is how it behaves in titles with more light and contrast like ACC. Also it seems that normal upscaling performs better than DLSS2.0 (in raw FPS number) so who would realy benefit from this tec in ACC? VR users seem to struggle with FPS just using upscaling, I don't think we have many single screen users with 4K monitors and a mid range GPU. Maybe it could be useful to triple screens user but I have no idea how they are doing performance wise. An upside for racing titles is how it keeps texture details in fast moving objects.

18. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Hmm well true I guess. Still, much more interesting than anything else so far with the RTX series. We will see

m_box97 likes this.
  19. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

Cool tech for sure and the best feature of the RTX series with NVENC

20. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I’d say a lot of this work is to do with nextgen consoles and up scaling to 4K there so they can increase detail or FPS. Benefit to all though.