1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

I've done the latest 4 Special events and my laptimes got recorded but my Pace rating didn't get updated and when clicking on Pace in the Ratings screen it only says "Season 7" but no results showing as they used to. Is this happening to anyone else?

Rema84 likes this.
  2. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Yeah same here

fsuarez79 likes this.
  3. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

I'm assuming the cheater being discussed is the same guy who has already been causing problems (who is also the person I saw get kicked). Hopefully there is not another.

The guy banned was both being an a-hole to the devs in chat, and clearly cheating at a real life competition.

4. FLATPAT

FLATPAT Gamer

That is the normal procedure, it takes a few days and player times to be recorded before the pace can be rated. just wait a few days

5. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

No, it's bugged and they keep resetting the leaderboards.

anthony galmiche likes this.
  6. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

Right. I see a bug has been reported already.

7. mister dog

mister dog Alien

Is there any word yet on the subject of new tracks? Looking forward to GT world America and Asia track pack expansions. :D

8. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

No, other than the British pack.

mister dog likes this.
  9. Chris 576

Chris 576 Hardcore Simmer

I'm joking

10. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

I know. Just for explaination for others.

11. Vi42per

Vi42per Gamer

Ok, I see your point, it is difficult to prove it just from the available videos, all they prove is that he is indeed fast. But now that we established that he might actually not have been necessarily cheating, are there any car setup tips available, how to get closer to such lap times because this is not default aggressive, just no way. I know that setup is a matter of personal preference, but I have a feeling that he is sometimes 100km/h faster than me on straights and judging from the numbers, he probably is ;)
    I don't wanna exaggerate, but as I already stated, such setup seems sometimes almost like an unfair advantage to me. I am far from an alien and I'll never be one, but such difference is too much to be justified only by a skill gap.

12. Muxi-Mux

Muxi-Mux Gamer

I for my self do really really hope that the GT4 and BritishGT Packs are not the End of ACCs development line. These two mentioned Asia and America Packs would be absolutely fantastic.
    ACC is simple too great and has still way too much potential to let it down after the BritishGT Pack.

tjr, Rema84 and fsuarez79 like this.
  13. mister dog

mister dog Alien

Indeed, in our league we've been racing only once a week with ACC and we're already having to recycle tracks as we've done all of them including the Intercontinental pack. Brit pack is definitely welcome I forgot that was on the way to be honest, but there are some nice opportunities for some extra DLC revenue with aforementioned Asia and America expansion packs. ;)

14. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

you would be surprised how much of a big difference skill gap makes compared to setup.
    generally for most car track combinations default setup are good enough, so if you are way behind the guy like 2+ seconds then it is definitely not a setup issue.
    Its not unfair advantage if you lack the skills and knowledge to keep up
    instead of calling it unfair grind you skills and learn about setup from good places like aris (developer)YT channel PLUS some experimenting on your own.

15. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@Vi42per - what @SimGuy_1 wrote above is correct. with standard setups you can do a lot. and the gap you see atm is a skill gap. especially on hot lap.
    it is different with longer races. if you drive for an hour it gets more complicated. Your driving style determines the tire wear, you can counteract this with the setup. this is where understanding and know-how really comes into play.

16. Vi42per

Vi42per Gamer

Yeah, it might be the case. I wish it was 2s :D He is doing Spa at 2:07 and I am happy if I run my laps under 2:20, so with a difference of 13s, one starts wondering, if e.g. my aero is not off or something. I tried to justify the difference by him being a little bit creative with his setups. But I'll take default aggressive and take it from there and try to find the missing seconds in my driving technique and not rely that much on setups then. Thanks!

sissydriver likes this.
  17. Rabbitsensei

Rabbitsensei Racer

I doubt anyone is doing Spa with a 2:07 time. Fastest possible Spa time with every GT3 car, is probably low 2:15.

18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

if it's 2:07 there is nothing to wonder about.. case closed.

Freddie Seng and sissydriver like this.
  19. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

The right setup does not instantly make you a fast driver, its down to skill. I raced in a league with a team mate who qualified for the SRO AM events. We ran the same car in our races and he gave me the set up-up he has been working during the week. He wins most of time and I finish...eventually.

LeiF and Vision_Slayer_525 like this.
  20. trutya

trutya Simracer

hi guys,
    i have a question about multiplayer formation lap format. somewhere i read it already but don't remember and impossible to find it...

so, could someone confirm it:
    for server settings: "Default" formation lap means it has the widget which shows you when to go double file, which side, speed limiter in double file.
    "Free" that we don't have the widget, also we don't have the speed limit, just the green light, right?
    "Old" format is that we had the old speed limiter, like in the old days.

thanks!