1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turk

Turk Alien

2. Psit

Psit Alien

Do you prefer widgets, or to NOT have the shadows appear 20 meters in front of you?
    Damn these next gen, high tech, revolutionary,uber imba, high fidelity, all mighty graphics engines. /s

3. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

both? :cool:

Dewald Nel likes this.
  4. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Couldn't care less about the shadows tbh.

5. Nev Roberts

Nev Roberts Racer

Certainly Do.

6. Rolz

Rolz Alien

lobby down with no notice, or did i miss notice?

edit -nevermind its back

7. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Annoying that aggressive setup in one car has tire pressures even on all tires, and in another car there is a over 1 full unit difference between tires. Maybe some cars need some love on the default setups.

8. The only thing you should change even if you don't know anything about set ups are fuel and tyre pressures, because every session and every player needs different ones, so it doesn't matter the base value

AndyK70, LATE4APEX and Coanda like this.
  9. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Cold or hot pressures? Different cars place different forces on the tires, so you would expect the cold pressures to vary in order to account for this.

10. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

It matters if you are trying different cars online and one is even out of the pits and only needs adjusting up or down, and other you need several small stints to get all tires even

Hot

11. But what may be even pressures hot for you, might not be for me because I drive differently, so it can't be setted up to everyone

LATE4APEX and Coanda like this.
  12. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

But when 1 car is even since leaving pits all the way into a few laps in, and another is 1.2 or 1.3 difference, I would say one car got all the love while doing the setups and the other is kinda forgotten. It doesn't seem right to me

13. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

It's not caused by different drivestyles. Some setups are just a 100% copy between different tracks and the tire pressures won't even out.

Try the V8 aggressive setup at Barcelona and Brands Hatch. 100% same setup, even tire pressures.

Vítor Sousa likes this.
  14. Okay, that should be changed

15. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

It also came up to experience, after while you get a feel for setup tirepressure
    My way: adjust brake ducts (is it hot or cool on track) get 3,4 rounds, Esc to pits adjust psi
    Don't get crazy about +- 0.2 psi more or less,until you hunt for absolute best times, you will see that pressures differ after given turns
    For longer stint races it depends also of weather, driving style, traffic, whole setup...

16. And what is the problem?

17. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Sorry. I forgot that there are no problems for you... Everything is perfect...

henkjansmits and JakubFranek like this.
  18. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Tyre pressures need to be adjusted for different track temperatures and/or driving styles, style that may be more suited to one car than to another.

A simple thing of how braking is done - trail braking or brake/release/accelerate - influence how the tyres are used and how they heat up differently.

The default setups are a very good starting point, but just as it’s needed to adjust fuel for different race lengths, or TC/ABS for different track conditions, so it is needed to take a look at tyre pressures and make the adjustments that may be needed.

Even if someone share a custom setup for a specific race and track conditions (default setups are not race and track conditions specific but general), it’s almost certain that tyre pressures will have to be adjusted.

I usually share setups with team drivers and I still didn’t had one case where the tyre pressures weren’t changed after 5 or 6 laps, even if the track conditions are the same for different drivers.

19. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

They are for some cars. Not for all