1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I finally have the time to drive ACC again , before I basically stopped playing just after the tyres update, and damn the thing is really satisfying!

The pitstop time is always 30 seconds no matter tyres/driver/fuel, is it how it works now or I've missed something?

And asking for a friend.. Are the Merc anime liveries coming? (no seriously I'm really asking for a friend, me not weeb)

chksix likes this.
  2. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

I think IRL rules state a minimum pitstop time but I would need to double-check

3. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

I'm really liking the game now, and even more so the 720S. But I'm struggling to find my speed versus 90% AI at Spa (currently 2:25 laptimes in the dry, practice session, optimum track).

I don't race online and don't plan to.

Maybe someone with a bit more experience would be willing to share a Motec file for me to compare with, to find out where my driving is different? In AC1 it was possible to get telemetry from the AI, but I don't think we can do it here.

4. dave967

dave967 Racer

Use the aggressive set and tweak accordingly..

5. morpwr69

morpwr69 Racer

I have to give Kunos credit and ive had this since ea. This went from my least favorite sim to one of my tops sims. The ffb has come along way on a Simucube Ultimate. Definitely having a blast with the AI.

6. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

If I had a clue what to tweak... I set the ARBs so that oversteer/understeer works for me, but anything else I've got no real idea what it's supposed to do. The AI seems to take the same lines, I suppose on the same aggressive default setups? and it works for them...

7. morpwr69

morpwr69 Racer

Don't touch the car except for air pressures and fuel load. My guess is you need to back your corners up. Check your driver rating after a race and see how many times you overdrove the car. If its a lot that's your problem. I agree though use the aggressive setup.

GCCRacer likes this.
  8. dave967

dave967 Racer

The aggressive set is a great platform. But I would say practice & test and make tweaks. Figure out what makes the car change to your liking. Don't accept the game’s setups as final, you can make them a whole lot better. You’ll go faster and be more consistent. Speed plus consistency = car confidence which leads to wins..

9. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

My thinking is that before I go into a blind trial and error (I race real motorbikes, I have a basic idea what springs and dampers do, but it gets a lot more complex on four wheels) that I would first like to make sure my brake points and turn-in are good, and that I'm getting onto the throttle early and hard enough. In AC1, it was easy to run the AI in my own car and grab a telemetry lap from it, to compare on which corners I'm dropping the most speed. That's not something I can do here to give me a baseline comparison. That comparison would also show where the setup needs to be improved.

That's why I asked, if anyone has Motec lap record from Spa somewhere around 2:23 or such, if I could have a look. I understand that people are sometimes senstive about their "competitive" setup and driving styles, but I can 100% assure you we'll never meet online.

Of course, failing all that I can just do a 100 more laps experimenting with lines and setups, but telemetry is the easy way to do it.

10. dave967

dave967 Racer

The 1st thing you want your car to be able to do is to hit all the turns at the fastest possible speed without loss of control. The fastest guys are the fastest in and outta the turns. Straight away speed is not as important as the turn speed. So you want your car to turn well at high speed. The biggest affects on a car turning well are camber settings, sway bars and dampers. The higher the camber setting the better the turn in sensitivity. The smaller the diameter of the sway bars the looser the car becomes and adds to the ease of turning. The softer rebound compression the more flexible the car becomes. Start with testing camber, adjust the camber a point at a time on each wheel and see how it affects the car. Do the same with the other 2 as well..this is the only real way to go faster and be more consistent. It takes time but you end up with a knack for tuning your cars for how you want them to drive. Keep in mind, there are thresholds for each of those settings, & you can easily go to far in the other direction if over adjusted.

chksix likes this.
  11. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

Is there any website or PDF around that explains the numerical values of the setup screen? I.e. is a higher number on a dampner more resistance, or less resistance...? Stuff like that.

12. dave967

dave967 Racer

13. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

I've seen those posts in the past, but they don't really answer the question about what values mean what behaviour. Basically, if I increase fast rebound on a damper from 4 to 10, does it mean it compresses faster (higher oil flow)? Or that it is stiffer and more resistant? That's not evident from the setup screen.

Anyway, while I do appreciate the responses, I do get the feeling people are answering to questions I haven't asked. If someone wants to share a Motec recording or maybe an improved "aggressive" setup from Spa for the 720S from which I can compare and learn, then I'd be thankful. If someone can point me towards a page that explains the sliders on the setup screen, likewise. Generic answers along the lines of "you gotta tune the car to your driving style" or "only change one thing at a time" aren't really helping, as I was specifically asking for some data to compare my own drive with, to better understand where exactly I'm losing time.

14. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Higher shock values are higher level of dampening, so the higher you set bump and rebound the slower they will move in their respective direction.

GCCRacer likes this.
  15. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Before touching any settings you have to be 100% happy that you cant get any more out of your car the way it is.
    I mean, you need to look at your speed, your cornering, your road positioning, your brake and throttle control and be confident that you are hitting all of them to the best of the cars ability (not your own, or then that will be your fault not the cars set up).
    I would suggest lapping at a 2:25 then there is a little more you can get that down to before playing with settings by just adjusting your driving style.

Tim Meuris, morpwr69, Gunja and 2 others like this.
  16. dave967

dave967 Racer

Can you post a video of your 2:25 laps so we can see how your braking points are and the line your running? I hit low 2:19’s in my Amg at spa. 6 seconds difference likely has more to do with your driving then the car..

GCCRacer and LeDude83 like this.
  17. Tristan Cliffe

Tristan Cliffe Simracer

I'll try and get on Spa in the 720S today and record some telemetry for you. Optimal track, daylight hours etc? What sort of fuel load? He'll, I'll do it in Hotlap mode and send you the ghost car file (assuming they transfer across computers/accounts) so you can 'race' me in hotlapping.

No promises, and I'm fairly likely to not be any quicker than you (I'm okay, but no alien).

GCCRacer likes this.
  18. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

May exactly what u need?

Maciej Malinowski and GCCRacer like this.
  19. C#27

C#27 Gamer

The video above should help a lot.

If you really want a telemetry file I'll add one I just did with a 2:18.575. The lap wasn't perfect, especially Pouhon should normally go flat out, but should give a good indication.
    Setup was the aggressive preset with the rear wing reduced by 1 (I think the McLaren is really understeery at high speeds, couldn't go flat out through Blanchimont with standard wing no matter how early I turned in). Also I closed the brake ducts 2 clicks as they are always opened too much.

Attached Files:

GCCRacer likes this.
  20. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

Thanks all :)

Not at home currently, but will reply in more detail later. The fact some of you can do sub-2:20 with almost the same setup tells me its my driving.

sissydriver and LeDude83 like this.