1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

It was also discussed in one of the Aris streams: Imola won't happen... for now. It is not so simple and to be true we do not know what it really takes. It is not normal calendar change and it depends heavily on the complicated licensing stuff. If/when 2020 season happens in ACC - we will know about it only if Kunos will know it for 100%, no less.

We can only keep our fingers crossed for the future. ;)

2. Nobody said imola wont come.
    Also they already have imola from ac.
    They said a 2020 dlc was not planned. But then they added liveries for free.
    Lets see.

3. Nothing of the 2020 season will be added if it's only used this year probably

4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

"enough" So you have the final say, gotcha.

Prime example of the devs saying one thing and the fans interpreting something entirely different, seems like.

5. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

You can believe what you want about it but @Luis Branco just quoted what he said. He said its not coming. Maybe it will come next year especially if its permanently added to the calendar, but they are a small dev, to spend the money for a one off track to add to the game... for a "Coronavirus season DLC?"

I was responding to the rampant speculation in this thread that Imola would somehow show up this year. He said their roadmap for this year was laid out. He CLEARLY said Imola won't be part of it.

6. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

The ACC base game is the 2018 and 2019 seasons of the Blancpain GT Series, nothing more. Moreover, ACC is also not a subscription service, no one should feel entitled for any additional content for free. The 2020 season in its current form is not relevant nor is it indicative of future paid and non-paid releases.
    If you should still receive something new (such as the 2020 liveries we released as bonus content), take it, appreciate it but please don't interpret is as a harbringer of additional content (without diminishing the effort that goes into liveries, it's not comparable with the production of a car or a track).

I don't know how to be clearer than this.

Racert46, jo_siffert, dek and 24 others like this.
  7. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

aef50301d056b522f7d092eb9dbfcc25.jpg

You must feel like throwing your computer through the window some times :D:D

8. Sounds like ACC is finished and AC2 is already underway to me......... :)

bgil66 and Traind like this.
  9. EPR

EPR Rookie

Well, to be clear, where he refers to the possible inclusion of a rolling resistance with slip angle effect (causing a "drag" getting out of slides), the absence of data he's talking about is for such a physical phenomenon itself, not whether or not its included in AC and ACC, which if his source is correct would be an issue.

I would see Niels' lack of certainty about all his opinions as a sign of wisdom born from knowledge rather than a weakness in his observations.

10. Muxi-Mux

Muxi-Mux Gamer

No one here was asking for anything for free. Most people here are aware of the effort that is needed for new stuff and would be happy to pay for it.
    Your fanbase here was just hoping for further stuff for their favorite simulation. Nothing more nothing less. But it is of course up to you what you will or want offer to your costumers in the future. At least now you know what they want the most: GT America and the 2020 Season.

cheers Marcus

Epistolarius likes this.
  11. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

That's not the point, it's as if whatever we say is purposefully misinterpreted... The point is that a freak 2020 season with replacement tracks is not automatically indicative of the next piece of content to be worked on or a guarantee that there is a next piece of content to be worked on in the first place (e.g. adding Imola).
    It's facts or expectations assumed based on whatever circumstance is what I'm waffling about.

You must be new around here :D

Guido Trampe, Dookie, Turk and 13 others like this.
  12. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

I have a question regarding the laptimes shown in the game. I recently played the Paul Ricard event, reaching a time I am happy with. But looking at the info screen, i can not believe that these records are real for the GT3.

What are they based on?

paul_ricard.jpg

13. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

MMM waffling :)

14. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

Some of those real records are wrong since day one. I thought I was the only one who had a problem with it lol

Vision_Slayer_525 likes this.
  15. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

I have the impression, that most of the users are rather ironic about this topic, maybe a bit speculating about what could come. Not in a demanding way but rather as a fan of the Sim, that hopes for future content additions. Its more like "Imola could be possible" than "They have to add Imola for free!!1!"
    Maybe a future content thread should be opened, to keep the topic off other threads.

16. Serge M

Serge M Alien

The irony is that if people spent less time speculating on new content here and more playing the sim then the player numbers would be higher and you would have a higher chance of more content. But by wasting everyone’s time wishing for more content on here they are decreasing their chance of actually getting it... lol

17. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

Oops, I'm sorry, I didn't know, thanks.

18. Damn @pankykapus the last few months must have been stressful as all hell; the tone of your recent posts sounds like you could really use a bit of a vacation, and I say that as a friend. Hope all is well within the Kunos team/family; other than @Aristotelis vids there really isn't any of the laid back vibe/feel from the old AC days.

19. Mate. Also what you say means he has just a doubt.
    He has a source? Who?
    Come on....

Ps: i am relatively new to sims and I have only acc.
    But it looks like this dev is somewhat famous or a legend or whatever.
    Even more, if you are in such a position (in which people could value like gold every comma), you must say facts.
    I dont like that video. And I am not closer to like him, if he goes on like this.

Consider Aris: he never talks about others. Should he start talking about fake oversteer in ams2?
    There are also people with style.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    Guido Trampe likes this.
  20. Panky I think nobody said it was coming.
    I am happy you clarified.
    We were just saying nobody could assume it was not coming.
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D