1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oxie

Oxie Racer

There's no need to recreate that, what we're talking about is the momentum transfer – or lack thereof.

But I can imagine that that's tricky to get right as well. Then again, physics is Kunos's strong side.

2. Cesare_RS

Cesare_RS Rookie

Yes, that happens in real life and in the game too but weirdly in the game happens even at very low speed. It happened to me to hit the car in front while we were going so slow that we were almost stationary.

Inviato dal mio ANE-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

3. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

It does not take much to spin a car around even in real life , If you look at the speed of each car where contact was made , and if you are above 30 mph you will prob spin the car depending on where you hit. If you look at pit maneuvers they usally occur at under 30 mph, and you see what happens. The thing that is missing is a loud bang when you hit or get hit, so it seems like nothing has happened.

LATE4APEX and stefanoCasillo like this.
  4. Poloman

Poloman Racer

Is setup changes allowed between Qualify and Race IRL?

I think not,and if it is implemented in the game,it would be a great BoP for the currently fastest cars (Porsche-Merc),

5. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

Just noticed the numberplates got silently updated to match the real 2020 counterpart for custom liveries, unimportant detail for some but I love it. Showroom performance seems largely improved as well!

[​IMG]

bgil66, rikirk and sissydriver like this.
  6. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

Well, first of all: I fired up my gaming machine twice this afternoon in order to get the hotfix (I hate it when I have to install updates when I'm about to play, so I usually run updates during the day via a RDP session), but steam did not offer me one. This is the first time this ever occured, is this on purpose?

Then, reading the comments under the release notes on Steam, some user claim to experience noticable FPS drops with this update. Can anyone (who got the update, huh) confirm this?

7. bhowe83

bhowe83 Racer

Nordschleife confirmed

8. marph

marph Gamer

This, together with Stephano working on better AI (maybe Multiclass then possible?) That would be like Simracing-Christmas haha.

I think Aris is driving the Miata really fast, looks very good. He must have had a few laps before! I wonder if ACC taught him to be a good irl driver :-D

Elrann and Mogster like this.
  9. jp miranda

jp miranda Rookie

Helo
    I can.
    I never, ever, had problems running ACC but today after the hotfix, the game, in a AI race, stuttered like hell, gave 99% CPU warning and was undrivable... Whats going on?

10. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Me too, every so often now I getting a stutter or two plus lost fps, not good.

11. RWa

RWa Simracer

No issues at all running 1.5.6. Runs smooth as before.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N770F met Tapatalk

12. morpwr69

morpwr69 Racer

Thats funny. That only works because people dont know how to drive out of it.

13. jp miranda

jp miranda Rookie

it might be related with an update I made in my wheel (fanatec DD1 > PC driver: 373 - Wheel FW: 674 - Wheel Base FW: 40 - Steering wheel FW: 35). If i disconnect the wheel and play with keyboard there is no problem... s***t

14. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

@JP I think Fanatec drivers have been unreliable lately..

15. aotto1977

Disregard that, I already had 1.5.6 installed. :oops::rolleyes:

SANDER van DORN [GER] likes this.
  16. RWa

RWa Simracer

I want Mugello added to the track list....and soon

17. jp miranda

jp miranda Rookie

@Gopher04, you are absolutely right. I got back to my previous Fanatec driver (v.356) and ACC is back being Fantastic! Sorry nice people at Kunos for blaming your update in the first place. PCs are wonderful but can be a real pain in the a** too...
    Cheers

aotto1977 likes this.
  18. aotto1977

Maybe you should quote this in Steam's update notes comment section for the guys throwing a tantrum there. :cool:

19. Ensi Ferrum

Ensi Ferrum Racer

Having a DD1 as well and running the same driver / FW combo as you.
    No problem here!
    Have you tried the following?
    • Uninstall the driver
    • Restart
    • Install the new driver
    • Restart

sissydriver and hristo1026 like this.
  20. Lol stroll just experienced old acc bug in arrabbiata 1/2 kerb :eek::eek::eek: