1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TurboTomato

TurboTomato Gamer

Monza and Spa GT3 simulator :D

I can't see it changing much tbh. If you want to race the other tracks with full grids I guess you'll need to join a league. Monza and Spa are my favourite tracks btw, I guess the reflection in lobbies is no surprise.

2. Turk

Turk Alien

I haven't raced Monza in months, never had any issues finding a server with something else. Monza and Spa may be the most popular but there are still other servers out there.

3. Mmm
    Mmm. I have to disagree.

4. TurboTomato

TurboTomato Gamer

There's usually Nurgburgring or Zolder or Silverstone or Misano available with a reasonable number of drivers in when I go on at about 8pm(BST). Either one of them or generally always a Monza or Spa available as well.

dek and After_Midnight like this.
  5. To be honest im happy to race at monza after all the other races.
    Its like a classic to end
    "Ok.lets do 1 final monza". Always like this. And then i do 3 at least

6. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Ignoring lap 1 t1 Monza makes for good racing in general, not sure why people complain about it so much

7. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

I think you're exaggerating a bit, though I will admit there are always packed Monza lobbies every night I am on, and I just wonder WHY?!?!. Every once in a while I go in there, its like banging the crazy ex. Then I get punted in T1 by some no talent *** clown and I remember why I avoid Monza.

chksix likes this.
  8. theivansk

theivansk Racer

I see, this is Assetto Corsa forum, damn I should have thinked twice

9. theivansk

theivansk Racer

Yes yes I know, theres a window of 1 hour in the day (8:00 - 9:00 pm) where you can find other lobbys and GT4 ones. But If you disagree so much, as I can see, I invite you to play with me at 4-5 pm CET, and so you can show me where the people are, maybe I am missing something.
    I am the first one that love ACC, but if the game has a problem, I am the first also to report it, I don't use to get blind with fanaticism..

GRFOCO likes this.
  10. azzah

azzah Simracer

What are you trying to tell us with that? That you should have known that your post will be called out as the sheer hyperbole that it is by people who have a different experience than you do?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020

11. :confused:

12. I race for an hour or two usually between 8-11PM EST and there are always races elsewhere from Monza and Spa. In fact I have not raced at Spa in weeks, Monza does usually have a server or two that are full or close but also Bathurst, Brands, Silverstone, Nurburgring, Misano, and Zolder seem popular. I would like to have more races at the remaining tracks but the ones I do see regularly offer nice enough variety.

Also, GT4 is dead every day sadly, I'd love to run more GT4 races.

theivansk likes this.
  13. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

And? How do you want to change that? Ban GT3s and Monza? Give us all some education on why we should race GT4s?

Do not forget that at any time of the day ACC has way more players than Raceroom, Project Cars 2 or RFactor2 let alone AMS2. And ACC is focused on GT3/GT4 only.
    https://steamdb.info/graph/?compare=211500,365960,378860,805550,1066890
    This is already a great thing, and that means there are always "potential" players to race against. But you need to be smart.

It's quite obvious that people tend to choose the more casual gaming on public servers, which means "cool" cars they know well, possibly on tracks they are familiar with like Monza. Less effort, just racing. If you pick a GT3 car and click "quick join" you will be very likely sent to one of those servers, because the matchmaking system tends to send you to a place where there are already other players, possibly with similar ranking. So you'll often find a full Monza server.

If you want good GT4 racing on public servers, you need to be a little bit smart and understand how the matchmaking works.
    So: join an empty or almost empty GT4 server, start driving, be patient, and you'll see that it often gets populated by the time you get to the race, because the matchmaking system will start bringing the "quick join" players to that server. I only do GT4 at the moment, and jut clicking "quick join" I have had good grids at Silverstone, Hungaroring, Zolder, Nurburgring, Brands Hatch.

And there's also leagues, so it's not like there is no choice.

If you want more players, make some friends. Or play F1 2020, or just pay for iRacing.

Freddie Seng, RDGNL, Nox and 2 others like this.
  14. RDGNL

RDGNL Simracer

This.

Joined a GT4 server last night with 8 or so others, race started with 35 cars. Just trust the matchmaking system.

15. Turk

Turk Alien

Maybe people are at work? I notice that people like to sim race fairly late in the evening where I am (GMT). People probably have jobs, family and other real world commitments that forces them to race later in the day.

AndyK70 likes this.
  16. TurboTomato

TurboTomato Gamer

Quite. I've got kids and a full time job so I'm probably fairly representative of a certain percentage of players. 7-8pm (BST) is about the earliest I can get online for a race.

17. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

I normally race between 9-11pm UK time and I'm struggling to find decent GT4 races which is a real shame

18. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

@pankykapus Is it possible for one of you guys to make a small post about what stuff you are currently working on for the next bigger 1.6 update? :)

19. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

I have been off simracing for a while but have they now pooled all the GT4 in the first CP server to prevent 1-2 GT4 per CP race?

20. LukFry

LukFry Racer

nope

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk