1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

I hope the Logitech fix stops the crashes I have when editing controls in VR.

2. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

That has been discussed many times before and would be a total waste of time and effort. In real racing they go to FCY to enable damage to be cleared off the track. In sim racing we do not get carbon fiber strewn across the track. If you are so badly smashed up you just go back to pits.

Freddie Seng, Turk and LATE4APEX like this.
  3. Serge M

Serge M Alien

To add reality you could have a server option that says that if you teleport to pits you can’t go on track again. Big incident that IRL means retirement

4. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

I think this option would make public servers less attractive.
    In private leagues, you can basically do this by making rules. You could also make safety cars or fcy, although it would be harder to check.

5. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

If you had FCY in the average 20 minute race public server 15 of 20 minutes would be spent behind the pace car.

Theres realism which is nice, there is also a limit to it, because this IS still a game and meant to be fun. FCY is specifically in real life because real humans are on track taking care of a busted car or clearing debris or whatever.

This is a game. No pixels were injured in the making of this post.

6. I don't think so. Out of my experience most drivers which hit "Escape" during a race will never join it again.

I'm still in hope there will be much more options like full formation laps, pit stops, ping limits etc. for admins of public multiplayer servers.

7. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I think a lot of the more hardcore features like FCY are better suited to leagues where the drivers take it more seriously, that’s the environment where is not “just a game” but proper simulated motorsport.

One of the leagues I race with for the endurance races uses a specific car as the safety car if needed. So far in three 6 hour and one 8 hour races it hasn’t been needed once

kamkie and Cote Dazur like this.
  8. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

FCY is completely pointless to have without debris, real-time recovery or people doing the recovery being exposed in a dangerous situation with cars flying by.
    FCY also does not prevent incidents, it has a countdown phase and it's always a reaction to an indicent, not to prevent one already happening. People already can't handle not speeding in the pits in top level esports, I'm sure an arbitrary speed limit on track would fly well.
    It's also almost always followed by SC in real life (because guess what, the manufacturer who provides the SC likes to see their brand on-screen), so it's borderline pointless in real life too. It's the last thing you should wish for.

9. A safety car can repeat battles in races - everything

10. When your an accident at the top of the raid with several vehicles involved, people don't so much respect the flag set by the game. While safety car could reduce the speed of all

11. Felge Schneider

VSC and SC phases in F1 2020 are the worst. Multiple Laps of pointless cruising and ideally messing up your whole strategy. It is just a thing in real life, because there is no other option, and maybe to please the audience.
    It would not take long to have the fist user complain, because an SC phase caused him to lose a race and starts blaming the software.

12. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I accept it is not implemented in ACC but calling it pointless is a strange logic. ACC is a sim, so should simulate the real SRO GT3 racing. Real SRO GT3 racing has accidents, FCY and safety cars. If everything is pointless then let's remove tire consumption and the pitstops altogether, because hey it's not real cars why do you need to change tires. This is the same logic that i heard during the AC times "nobody loves racing in the rain, so we didn't add it".

13. azzah

azzah Simracer

Stop with the stupid "oohh, but realism!" argument already, it is absolutely useless unless there is a universally agreed (and explicitly stated) frame for which it should apply.

Failing that puts us on a very slippery slope (more like a teflon wall, tbf) and pretty much anything could be justified with that hollow phrase.

You want realism? How about some electrical gremlins and your car won't be able to start and you'll be excluded from the race. Or your virtual driver broke their collar bone while skiing preventing you from taking part in a race for a couple of weeks. Ok, that's deliberately silly, but I hope you get the point...

chksix and Sleeper Service like this.
  14. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

I can see it as that, something that a league server could turn on where it could make sense in a long term race. That would be a cool implementation but would require management by the server owner.

You need to realize the difference between something that won't add to the experience other than boring the crap out of the people playing, and something that directly relates to the performance of the car, hence is important.

Freddie Seng and stefanoCasillo like this.
  15. Muxi-Mux

Muxi-Mux Gamer

I can accept that an FCY is kind of pointless. But for a SC i see it from a different perspective. A SC may not be necessary required in our races. But it is something people would like experience because they will never do in real life. It requires also some kind of skill to hold and bring your tires, your brakes, your senses and your mental up to optimum for the restart. Getting the message “SC in this Lap” and waiting for green and tango back on the limit from T1. A SC is not just a stupid break in the middle of a race, it is a additional challenge.

cheers Marcus

WallyM, aotto1977 and marph like this.
  16. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

I fail to see a single problem with any of this, gimme proper hardcore simulation of ALL that is racing .
    Gimme the endless sitins with sponsors
    Gimme the foto-ops
    Gimme the politics and "behind-closed-doors-dealings" that happen in racing
    Gimme SC
    Gimme FCY

I´d rather have the full beans .
    Pretty please .

17. buddhatree

buddhatree Racer

Every racing sim should have FCY and SC.

Every. Racing. Sim.

18. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

When ?

19. azzah

azzah Simracer

You have to work a bit more on your sarcasm, it doesn't really shine through in what you were writing here. Thumbs up for your effort though :D

For everyone else who thinks "whatever is real should be in the game (at least when it comes things happening on track)" I propose a little challenge:
    - make a list of things that caused drivers/teams in real life racing to retire from a race
    - take a conservative guess on how much effort it would take to put those into the game
    - make an estimate of how often they would occurr and...
    - ask yourself if the average player would enjoy it when they happen

Then, put on your manager's hat, imagine you were in charge of Kunos and had to make an important decision:
    Do you spend your limited resources on something that is fun for the majority of your customers or do you try to please the handful of realism nerds that like to get kicked in the nuts every now and then?

I get your idea, your vision. I'm not opposed to having a safety car in the game. Or catastrophic tire failure, a broken starter motor or a norovirus outbreak among the pit crew. It's just that they're really, really stupid things to ask of the dev team...

20. Felge Schneider

"I was in the lead, but the mechanics messed up and I lost a wheel on pit exit, it was so immersive. "

"Qualified in second row for the first time, but before the start, my radiator broke and I had to retire, best simracing experience of my life. "

:D

Tim Larsen, Dookie, Whitestar and 8 others like this.