1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Maybe if you don't have answer it's because there are no answer (unserstand a yes or a no).

Will you be happy if they answer "hey, maybe, who knows" ?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  2. Coanda

Coanda Alien

mate that's nonsense..

... and please don't get me wrong. I'm not loosing sleep over it..

After_Midnight likes this.
  3. PAPA JOHN 2

PAPA JOHN 2 Rookie

The new patch really did bring back alot of drivers that should be perm banned from the game.

Try a public Imola lobby right now, i dare you. 20 or 80 SA, no difference.

4. Unf

Unf Racer

Since you can gain SA on single player - so from the beginning of the game's release - SA means literally nothing.
    Even for CP races the SA cap is.... 78.

There were a lot of discussion about it as well - have somebode heard any answers from Kunos? No.

I am going to shut up now for a while... waste of time.

After_Midnight and PAPA JOHN 2 like this.
  5. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

6. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Kunos always had listen what simracers are looking for.
    ACC is just that, what people have demanded by the time of AC, single series, weather, day and night racing, realistic simulation.
    Is that so hard to understand that things don't come just when you decide you want it? Or the way you want it.
    To me for example I think multiplayer is ok. When I want I can join a league race or a public server with great racing and competizione. TOP!

Long life for Assetto Corsa Concentrazione!
    The New Gen Racing Sim.

chksix, AndyK70 and sissydriver like this.
  7. matt_had

matt_had Gamer

I think it depends on who the target audience is, or which target audience takes priority.

In terms of a sim for league racing or large one off events, the server browser is perfect. You type the server name and password in then go.

In terms of the "pick up and play" player who wants to jump between lobbies with matching, it isn't the best.

I think to me it is obvious where the priority is at the moment. I assume that there is some data behind that decision.

azzah and Mogster like this.
  8. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

I don't understand what the issue is with the browser. You scroll down, check for servers that are crowded and then join a session.
    Is it easier to sort by track or amount of players? Sure... Is it necessary? Definitely not.

I really don't understand why people are so upset about such a minor issue.

Dookie, Dewald Nel, Pekka and 4 others like this.
  9. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

You right, me for exemple don't care about that Playstation thing, global ratings, achievement and so on, so I am good.
    About matching it's a different think and I can't agree with you. You can choose a server with a SA, cars or track that suits you and even if you choose that multiplayer opinion that the Sim choose a server for you, depending on what's available at the moment, you can get good matching results.

10. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

It isn't though. Forum engagement beyond tagging reports and reminding every second guy to attach logs is not a requirement from any of us, 95% of the team don't participate in discussions and most of them haven't ever made a single post.
    All devs are made aware of relevant reports of their area whether you see them engaging or not, there's nothing intentionally ignored, it all depends on priorities, resources and even the ability to shift a concept so far from its original creation. It's hilarious when people suggest we deliberately ignore requests, suggestions or criticism for certain features as if we were spending our evenings gathered around in pointy hats picking a new guy every night and his pet feature to **** with. :D
    Sometimes there is nothing encouraging to say, (and being a fan of our own creation it's just as difficult to accept), but that won't automatically create the time, priority and resources required, no matter how many times people repeat the same thing.

I had a guy messaging me the other day saying he'd pay us €500 if we "fixed VR", as if the game's current limitations were down to choice or lack of motivation. Same applies to [insert most important thing to fix according to XY].

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    Dookie, Gerhendolf, chksix and 15 others like this.
  11. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

We want a newsletter

+++ This morning Luca started to fix the horrible sound of the Porsche+++ Panky has fixxed the shadow under the cars +++ Aris will check the fuel consumption of all ECU modes this morning after overcoming his sore muscles +++ Marco is negotiating with Ferrari +++ Simone controls a drone that laserscans Zandvoort from the home office (this is the third attempt, the first two drones were attacked by seagulls and crashed) +++ Stefano has made the AI Multiclass capable+++ Kevin is finishing the 100.001 simulation of the new thunderstorm model +++ Stay tuned - next newsletter is coming tomorrow+++

[ATF]Shanti, Dookie, nfsw55 and 14 others like this.
  12. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

You're asking a lot imo

13. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

14. mikocchio

mikocchio Gamer

We could use some kind of babycam to monitor developers' work and express our opinion. "No, that rim is way too big. Move yourself, you're in the way, I can't see the screen. Slide the instrument cluster on your left. More left. The other left..." and so on. ;)

15. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I don't for one minute think any of that bullsh!t is going on however if it was, I would like to think of you all stand around in your underwear.. :p

Could have squeezed him for a €1,000 and tag his request as "working on it".. ;)

Doesn't Aris host the news now..?

Whitestar, pankykapus and Dewald Nel like this.
  16. Serge M

Serge M Alien

He does, sim racing news,

Been slacking on that recently though...lol

17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Serge you know me well enough to not take most things I say as literal..

He should have been a weather man. What a handsome beast..

Serge M likes this.
  18. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

You're right, no need to loose some rest because of ACC, i have 2 kids dedicated to that task (making me loosing sleep). :p

19. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Let's hope 1.001 of the server lobby comes next :cool:

20. LukFry

LukFry Racer

does one of you guys have a list with ACC's key features regarding physics like tire flex, chassis flex, etc.? A friend of mine asked what ACC is actually simulating