1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Sure, it is just impossible to drive the DHD2, would be a mistake to drive it. o_O

2. f1200racer

f1200racer Racer

3. Make sure to try this: https://beta.thesimgrid.com/
    It's still in beta state, but thanks to random tracks rotation you will be able to try all of them, two servers every hour in Europe, servers in US and Australia in their main times

sissydriver and f1200racer like this.
  4. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

It's probably worthless to point it out because you won't care, but the lobby is as is by design, now whether or not it's a good concept (or one you like or not) is debateable, but one of the points was to steer people away from automatically opting into the most populated server towards ones that match their list of preferences, and this is something you can read about in developer blogs since its first implementation.
    Now it's a different story that as have we since found out, people don't like change, they don't read and most disappointingly aren't enough in numbers to make such a system effective 24 hours round the clock.

Hey, there's a new year on the horizon, hope it'll change your appalling attitude.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
  5. f1200racer

f1200racer Racer

Thanks I'll try that

6. Unf

Unf Racer

What do you mean by saying "most populated server"? And steer people away from it?

I think people know excatly on which track and which server they want to participate and it is obvious that they are:

1. Tracks they like or just want to drive (and there again - we can't filter the list by tracks, simply beacuse "list of preferences" does not work. If you set Monza on zero, you will still see servers with Monza etc. )
    2. Servers with lowest pings (it is no brainer right? And here we can't sort servers by pings as well)
    3. Servers with quite a lot of drivers (another no brainer - it isn't funny to race for 60min with 4 other people on track, right? Here we can't filter the list to search most fully filled servers as well)

So if "desire" was like:

1. Make a "preference system" which will not work
    2. Don't allow people to filter for MP servers browser = force them to scroll the list up and down like monkeys

Then I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel to change my mind, sorry...

Ps: We need to ask "idiots" from Valve for instance, why the hell Counter Strike's server browser has filtering instead of steering people away from most populated servers...

Wolkenwolf, XettMan and Darmote like this.
  7. Unf

Unf Racer

God bless you dude. I have tried one and it was fantasitc - such good behaviour of drivers before, during and after the race. Unbelievable on CP or MP.
    Now I know why guys like Jardier and Nils have 0 CP... This is the best review how Kunos ideas works - SA gained on single player and 78 cap for CP and we have what we have.

AndyK70 likes this.
  8. f1200racer

f1200racer Racer

just tried it and it to was great

9. It's damn easy to blame the user only when an idea doesn't lead to success.
    I like change, I've read and I'm one of the numbers out there in public multiplayer.
    "It's probably worthless to point it out" I don't want to race at Misano, Monza and Paul Ricard (yesterday's Top 3 suggestions by the game).

The server browser is not fully functional.
    E.g. It shows servers you can't even join. (mid race, full, etc.). Also the listed track conditions are just a vague guess in the most cases.
    Another very annoying fact are the "downtimes/response times". After hitting the refresh button it needs ages to get any results. Often it seems the game is crashed before the error message pop up.

Unlike you, I don't have access to a functionally version. In the current public version the weights and preferences do absolutely nothing. Unfortunately.

And I've to repeat myself.
    It would be awesome to stop any rating after crossing the finish line.
    Getting 12 BWP's ( it needs up to 120 laps to clear) by people doing "scandinavian flicks" leads to nothing but frustration.
    (server restriction SA80/SA90)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    XettMan, AndyK70, Racert46 and 3 others like this.
  10. Want2BFast

Want2BFast Racer

Aren’t the weights selected supposed to affect auto matching and not the server listing? I want the server list to show all possibilities. While I would like some options to sort the ones displayed, I don’t think the weight selectors have any impact (by design) on the server list, just on auto matching. Perhaps I misunderstood.

FriendOfJah likes this.
  11. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

I wasn't blaming the user for the system not ending up being successful, I blame them for drawing the wrong conclusions and ****ting on developers' heads in uneducated posts when they interpret the situation as purposefully "not caring" for something they wish to work in a certain way or another, as if their personal choice of repetition or insisting is supposed to make a difference to the realities of development.
    I'm not talking about feedback or reports or regular discussion, I'm talking about half-arsed armchair comments about "this is crap and everyone is stupid and I know better and anyway look at CS:GO"-style posts that made me respond in the first place.

We could go on for days how Valve is able to filter servers but ultimately the ACC one was not designed to do that (again, ignoring whether or not the concept is good, justifiable or effective in the real world and whether user #13343 likes it or not).

I'm sure eventually it'll be sorted (hah!) one way or another.

azzah, Elrann, chksix and 5 others like this.
  12. Unf

Unf Racer

You know why it is like that? Beacuse I (and I'm sure not only I) feel totally, literally zero interest from devs side on communities questions. Aris is doing great job from practical driving matter, but you Kunos don't have a good guy to be next to us and response. Of course I don't mean that I am a king and you are living only for answering me, but you could do just simple thing like "AMA" - give us sticked thread and let write down all our questions and answer step by step, hm?

I am asking why on CS server filtering exists and why on ACC not, not beacuse I think you personally are guilty and you do it in purpose to make me mad - I am asking beacuse it's totally illogical to not having such tweak on GUI and I simply don't understand the situation. Why I don't understand? Simply beacuse Kunos don't communicate with players at all (apart from Aris).

We see a lot of gaps to fill not beacuse we want to crash the game - we want to make it even better. But when someone is giving you idea (good or bad), thread is immidiately closed or post is ommitted by devs without any reaction.
    What is funny, when someone is complaining - dev team member is here in the blink of an eye ^^

XettMan, ohjeah and devil in me like this.
  13. devil in me

devil in me Racer

what u haven't understood yet, is the fact that from our side that system its not working. we can't know if its good or bad, sucefull or not.

yesterday and today i changed my preferences and entered by quickjoin and/or by one of the two first options in the server list. quickjoin gives me empty servers 9 out of 10, fine maybe was my preferences being not well weighted.
    And in the server list gave me 7 out of 10 times servers with bad racing...

The system from what i understand tracks the behavor on each server for "elo" drivers in my range, and for how clean that server is being doing since "X" hours or something.
    At the moment i have 98 SA, 96 in CN and 92 in CC with an elo of 3600, but the system choose to put me in a server full of am ( the grey and red ones). And wasn't clean racing servers for sure..

My weights are : 85 clean racing, 85 server activity and 70 in competition.
    both, quickjoin and server list, fail to deliver me that , when there was other available servers better to fit me, for sure....

Get the system to work is all we ask for.. i think its a good ideia. it could be good.. if it really tracks servers behavor.. it doesnt matter if it puts me in servers of 15 SA if the drivers inside are not 15SA but 90SA.

The problem is that the system its not doing that at all.. its simple doing nothing.

14. devil in me

devil in me Racer

The problem is DEV's probably think users were not ready for that weight system, and we don't know to work with it. it can be true.

But when u change preferences, the server list its the same and the quick joing still puts me in empty servers...

So i suppose for quick join there are no other drivers around 3600 elo and or about my preferences.

15. devil in me

devil in me Racer

First the options of preferences/weights are inside the server list menu, and not under the "automatch"/quick join menu.

It was suppose to sort out the server list by our preferences, but its not doing it either in server list or quickjoin/"automatch".

XettMan likes this.
  16. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to discord so I could be talking crap, if I am let me know.
    Is it as awkward as I think to join a Discord server?
    I mean to add a new (existing) server so you can join it.
    Why can't we just click a link in-game rather than have to phaff about searching, cutting and pasting or typing in server address?

17. marcos1988

marcos1988 Racer

'
    I honestly think a big part of the frustration lies in the fact users (like myself) see this forum as a form of customer support. We expect to have some sort of a confirmation our problem is being worked on (hence the topic status "Working on it"). But as in all sorts of customer support that doesn't mean automatically your problem has priority.

If this was a discussion forum about ACC without devs popping in every once in a while people would discuss about a problem, other people would tell them your problem is small / big / also mine and that would be it. On the other hand, if this would be a customer support tool you'd have bug ID's, tracking, priorities for each problem etc., you could call it a system for feedback ;-)

ohjeah likes this.
  18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I like change when it works and exceeds the old way of thinking..

AndyK70 and After_Midnight like this.
  19. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

tbh I like the server list becasue it just gives me all the servers that are worth the interest anyway. So yes it would be nice to have filters but I think sometimes it's more for the sake of having them rather than they beeing useful. Although my opinion might be weird as I don't really look for specific track/car combo, I just want fun decent server to join whatever it is and just enjoy whatever game throws at me. When I think about it that's the same what it was with 'random' CP days or just the way weather system never tells you exact temps and all that **** that supposed to make the expierience a bit more spicy with some adjustablity required from the drivers :D. Server browser that we ended up with probably is a bit of a relic that supposed to do some stuff like that but ppl just want monza spa and high driver count so the pileup is a proper one :p, btw isnt that server browser already kinda showing high driver count servers and lower ping ones at the top anyway, unless they are empty ?

20. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I like presenting corrections that are needed here, and not expecting hand holding responses from the Kunos after.

And accepting the fact that there can be opinions on just about any subject.

Also acknowledging that no amount of whining and negative comments, will accomplish anything, and most likely, the exact opposite.