1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

I thought it was a question of round and square lamps - ingame model with round lamps in it, so there can't be a "square" one. I understood that.

But in the game you can choose without lamps, but only in SP. Why can't you choose in MP/Practic/Hotlap?

2. Coanda

Coanda Alien

In SP practice I can not select this team and vehicle without lamps. It's also removed from the selction once a sprint race is selected. Got a pic?

3. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

I hate my terrible English) At work right now, and dont can drop screenshots.

With lamps you can choose between MP/SP/Hotlap/Practic
    Without lamps you can choose - 3h (as far as I remember) and that's it.

Why can't you play MP without lamps?

4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Your fine..

Interesting.. I see what you mean. Maybe 3h enduro's are not required to run lamps. I can not test MP because non of the servers are setup for 3h enduro's. Maybe if one was it would become available like SP.

romandevision likes this.
  5. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Wow, I didn't know that servers could be forced to sprint/enduro 3/6/etc. I assumed they had no choice.
    Indeed, that's probably the point.

6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@romandevision - This how the enduro vehicle selection in SP Practice and MP selection seems to work for me. If a vehicle is entered into a 3H, 6H & a 24H race then whatever is the lengthiest race will be show in the selection. If a vehicle is entered into a 3H & a 6H race then the 6H version will be shown with lamps. If a vehicle is only entered into a 3H race then it will be shown with no lamps. In SP race weekend 3H, 6H & 24H the appropriate enduro vehicle will be chosen depending on your race weekend selection.

Regarding servers. I am no admin so I could be way off. I seem to remember in EA all servers being tagged with 6H regardless of their race length. I am not sure if that is a thing of the past as I do not see that anywhere today.

7. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

actually that's a relict in the lobby (the value that is going to replace this isn't done yet). MP runs as "Free", equal to the SP custom race.
    You should be able to pick any entry in MP, and I think we did the same for Hotlap and such in the current dev build - but that's something for @pankykapus to comment on

After_Midnight and romandevision like this.
  8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

3H only - No Lamps
    acc_mp_car_sel_3.jpg

3H, 6H - 6H lamps only version selectable in MP and SP practice
    acc_mp_car_sel_1.jpg

This vehicle 3H, 6H & 24H. I am not sure why in MP & SP practice the red tag under entry does not show | E 3H | E 6H | E 24H | acc_mp_car_sel_2.jpg

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    romandevision likes this.
  9. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

I think you're right about choosing car = maximum length of the section and after that choice, we can see if there are lamps or not. Therefore, Boutsen does not have lamps, as he participated in 3h and 24h.
    I can say for sure that I can't choose any kit BMW Boutsen in MP - it's 100%. Only enduro.

10. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Yeah, that once again confirms your kit-pack theory of choice. ROWE has an enduro, but since this car was only 3H(no lamps) - this is the only BMW we can choose from without lamps.

Coanda likes this.
  11. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

It takes the endurance lights based on the "highest" event type the entry supports. If the same entry is used for 3H/6H/24H, you'll only see the endu kit in MP because of the presence of the 6H or 24H tag.
    If an entry has a Sprint or 3H tag only, it'll show the sprint kit.

On the other side, Sprint and 3H weekend game modes force the sprint kit but that's specific to the game mode, it does it globally and independently from the entry.

The Boutsen BMW in question only has one skin variant that is eligible for all game modes, simply because the livery design was the same for the entire season, thus no other variant was made beyond the Spa livery.

In MP, kits are assigned based on the eligibility of the individual entries, nothing is forced.

12. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Sometimes the easiest solution is also the smartest.
    Leave people free.

Swap position?
    A huge message in the centre of the screen tell you what to do (overtake this, leave pass that, rejoin the line).
    Don't respect the position, even X seconds after the message? Penalty (black flag or stop and go)

The first row, cause in acc we haven't a safety car to follow, has a speed range that can't exceed.
    Do they exceed the speed limit?
    Again, huge message in the center of the screen that warns you.
    Don't respect the warning?
    Penalty.

There's no need to reinvent the wheel.
    This system is working in others game without any problems, i don't understand why only in acc should be a problem.

13. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Mino, is this "oldest laps drop" exactly what we see in our the stats page?

14. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

I'm sure users will be absolutely polite, reticent and reasonable when the positions 7-14 start with a stop&go after the #6 thought it's funny to slam the breaks directly before the race start.
    Sometimes we aren't plain idiots who cannot do the easiest things, but things are more complicated than it appears. Sadly that's pretty much the nature of programming (and the joy of doing so as a modder - you can just say "I don't care" :D )

Yesno..yes. The stats page has this fadeout, it's a good indication. Older laps become "worth" less and less, in the sum everything that goes in drops/fades out.

azzah likes this.
  15. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

this can't be a problem because if ther's the green lights the #6car it's overtaked without any penalty for noone.
    If still there are red lights, the following cars can brake, MUST BRAKE ( it is their to keep the right safety distances from the cars before).

And after all, it's a safety car situations, it means that speeds are relatively low.

I don't think that in Kunos there are idiots Mino, lol no, but this system works fine in other games, without any tricks or some kind of alien stuff.
    Honestly, only in acc it seems impossible to do.

After_Midnight likes this.
  16. azzah

azzah Simracer

Do you really think that in our example the people in position 7-14 would be happy to wait until p1 goes over the start finish line and start their race with a 30s gap because of some joker on p6?

If you're thinking solving this is easy, you aren't thinking hard enough.

pankykapus likes this.
  17. Not really a plausible example if we're still talking about higher ranked servers.

18. azzah

azzah Simracer

We're talking about _all_ servers.

19. Not me. I was asking for an option for server admins to have the possibility to add full manually formation laps / race starts at higher ranked open servers.

20. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I missed last weeks race however the league I am participating in tested a full formation lap with no limiter. Apparently there were no dramas.

After_Midnight likes this.