1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Sure but even in this case (and I do follow David Patel’s stuff) you still need to account for all that and manage to get as close as possible at the exit of the corner before. If you got a worse exit then the BMW and you are losing time on the straight as well, your passing chance is slim to none really, the gap will be too wide in to the braking zone.

2. Piret2000

Piret2000 Racer

Will we get banked Zandvoort in the 2020 update?

Dobermann92 likes this.
  3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I vaguely remember the answer being no. Some people also asked about the PR pit update. That was also a no.. Who knows with kunos later on down the line. They are good at surprises.

4. trutya

trutya Simracer

Felge Schneider and Whitestar like this.
  5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Hi mate. It's too agressive for MP so it's good that you won't pull that move there.
    I agree with what's been said before: coming from the clear follower position and transitioning in attack position under braking aka divebombing is a very bad idea because there's no way for the leader to anticipate it. If you're already side by side before the braking zone, the leader has a fair chance to anticipate your move.

Doing this in SP will just teach you bad habits. AI should be raced like you'd race humans.

Piret2000 likes this.
  6. Piret2000

Piret2000 Racer

Thank you for your opinion.

I understand that racing this way can teach you bad habits, but I don't think they should be raced like they're gonna close the door like a human would, cause that's just missing opportunities. I'll race them like I race in MP the day the AI races like a human, which I hope with the time and updates they do, or at least come closer to.

7. You'll never get this "side by side before the braking zone" situation in this example:
    It's always depending at the exactly situation as a result of many factors.

8. Piret2000

Piret2000 Racer

You could wait for an error

LeDude83 likes this.
  9. positron

positron Rookie

What about the mirrors? When I'm followed by a car that is faster than me I watch the mirror. I expect attacks at corner and use a defensive line to not open opportunities for divebombs.
    One of the best MP races I had was when a guy behind me was attacking hard at every corner and I had to carefully chose my line. This went on for a few laps until I made a mistake, went wide in one corner and he slipped through. There was no contact.

After_Midnight likes this.
  10. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Maybe you won't get that situation with this car constellation but that doesn't justify a divebomb. There's cleaner ways to pass a car with higher straight speed but slower cornering speed. You can use the slingshot manoeuvre which puts you on a much different trajectory than the leader and therefore lets you exploit the cornering speed advantage. This way you'll keep very close to the leader and that will increase the pressure on him and the chance of a mistake.

That being said, the leader also has some control over this. If it's possible that the follower might attempt an inside overtake, the door should be closed.

So that would have been my approach to this: as a follower I'd try slingshot after slingshot. As a defender, I'd close the door early.

11. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Simply pulling out and jumping on the brakes beside a car that is not slower than you, is dive bombing.

If you exit a corner better than the car in front, you will have higher terminal speed at the end of the next straight, and could put you beside the opponent when approaching the corner, BEFORE the braking point, and thus a better possibility of making a pass safely, all things being equal.

Obviously drafting can have the same result, but doesn't seem to have much effect here.

Loren Thomas likes this.
  12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Tell that to Daniel Ricciardo.. :D

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    Piret2000 and LATE4APEX like this.
  13. Ofc. And if the car in front of you will make not a single error even if you put pressure on him all the time and there is no way to make the pass safe and clean you've to stay behind.

Right on this. Thats why I said it is depending on the situation. And the kind of the fighting cars. If the strongest point of your car are the brakes you've to make your move very late and not 25m before the braking zone. Otherwise like you said the door would be not open anymore.

You're right on this point.

At this point I've have to say you seems to have no clue about racing "in a world of BoP-ed-but-different GT cars."

I was about to write something similar. Just want to add:
    The driver in front should be able to anticipate a move by the car following in the slipstream (especially a Ferrari), should have at least some knowledge about the strong and weak points of the opponent car, should staying always prepaired to react on moves.
    Any drivers who needs an always predictable opponent to stay clean and safe will not have any fun to race against me. Because I'm the kind of driver @positron is talking about.

Piret2000 likes this.
  14. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

I think we're arguing about two scenarios here.

One is the typical "public MP" situation where you just fall into a server, and race somebody you've never seen before. Here all of the refined, aggressive things are a big "nono", or at least "asking for trouble". Examples are such surprise dives, or even bumper-to-bumper slipstreaming. Just "nope".
    The other is you race somebody you know and trust. Be it a league race, or just someone you raced before and know how he's doing it and how the awareness is (hi Foch!). That's a completely different story and different "rules" apply, we should be precise what we argue about (even if there is a chance that there isn't really something to argue about anymore).

Piret2000, Dookie, azzah and 2 others like this.
  15. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I'll give a "clue", and simplify it for YA.

Two identical cars, stopped, in identical conditions, with equally capable drivers.

One car starts .5 second before the other.

The car that started 1st, will continue to increase the gap to the car that started .5 second later.

Why, because the car that started 1st, will ALLWAYS be going faster.

The same rule applies when accelerating out of a corner, the a car exits the corner better, will always be going faster on the straight after the corner.

16. I'm sorry mate but I've to say no again.
    I'm just talking about "the typical "public MP" situation". I've never joined any league after 2 years in a world wide league racing the CTPD Formula 1 rFactor. Fricking long time ago :confused:
    Since then I've always joined the typical public MP. And yes of course it is stupid to divebomb in every corner. You've to drive careful all the time like my SA rating widget said.

But this is not my point.
    It might be related to my experience or my different approach for my experience in public multiplayer. I'll have no clue about my unknown opponents if I'll avoiding always everything you've descriped as "a big nono".
    In the right situations I'm asking always nicely for "trouble". Just a bit and I have a look at how my opponent is reacting. Just in these cases, I'll get very quick a rough idea about my opponent I'm racing with and behave accordingly.
    And if I'm lucky enought to find guys like @positron I'll go for it.
    And it might be surprising for you this happens more often than I think you believe. ;)

Like I said no clue about about racing "in a world of BoP-ed-but-different GT cars."
    I've stopped already reading by "Two identical cars". ;)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  17. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

You missed the whole point of the example I gave you, as it applies to real world racing/physics.

If you don't understand, just say so.

18. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

That's the accordeon effect where distances get compressed before a corner and extended after.

Piret2000 and After_Midnight like this.
  19. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Actually, WRONG.

My example has the 2nd car exiting the corner better, and therefore closing the gap, BEFORE braking.

The according effect, is when two cars, one ahead of the other, accelerate at the same rate out of a corner, and end up in the same relative position at the end of the straight as exiting the corner..

20. Ok let's do the math even you've still no clue what you're talking about, even it's pointless and the fact "You are ignoring content by this member." is still valid.

You're just trying to mixing some facts to proof your claim.

Like you say we have two 100% identical drivers, cars etc. Alone these facts makes your argument "the a car exits the corner better" pointless. There will be no better corner exit for one of the cars.
    If both drivers starts at the same point of the track and we don't have a look at slipstream/side effects they will have at every point of the track the exact same speed. They will hit the brake pedal at the same points, they will hit the throttle at the same points etc. Always with the same time gap of 0.5 secs.
    After completing the whole lap the time gap will be still 0.5 secs.
    How you came to the conclusion the first startet car will be always faster? o_O

The only change you'll notice is the distance between the cars. Speed/traveling distance ratio (I hope thats the right description). A car at 50km/h will traveling around 7m in 0.5secs and at 250km/h 35m in 0.5s.

Even we "simplify it for YA" and do it at on an endless straight. The first car will accelerate to V/max and the second car will reach V/max exactly 0.5 secs later. After that both cars will go forever with the same speed, the same distance between and the 0.5secs gap.

"If you don't understand, just say so."

Exactly :)
    Actually, WRONG.
    You're talking in your example about "Two identical cars, stopped"

chksix likes this.