1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hotdog

Hotdog Simracer

We need a new thread 2020 Generic discussion

Cote Dazur likes this.
  2. Si.

Si. Simracer

So even with a brand new setup i.e. customised from a base safe or aggressive setup? Very odd.

3. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Yes for all.

4. Gupise

Gupise Gamer

Hey guys, can't understand if marbles affect braking performance and tyres grip when i pass on them.

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I tried the AI for the first time in a while yesterday and it was in Nurburgring. Didnt notice any major issues and thought they were fairly decent. Setting was 100/90 for the AI, the weirdest thing was the Merc that pitted on last lap for whatever reason. :rolleyes:

Madsen, GoBo and trutya like this.
  6. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

7. Tim Larsen

Tim Larsen Racer

Don't care. Will watch anything you stream.

Freddie Seng, Whitestar, Turk and 6 others like this.
  8. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Looks like you're SA farming a bit there?

9. Captain Barracuda

Hrmmm that's risky, I've seen all sorts of things streamed on the internet :oops:

10. Captain Barracuda

I voted Tuesdays because nothing good happens on Tuesdays

11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

If by SA farming you mean not ramming the AI out of the way as I pass them then yes. I really need to farm it as it seems my SA is fixed at 99 and has been since 1.2 just racing the odd league race. :p

Seeing outside of league runs there is pretty much nobody to race in mp here then it I may end up racing the AI a bit more.

12. Captain Barracuda

Yeah the AI actually go alright now. As I'm sure I've mentioned before in league chat I race them a fair bit when prepping for a round to hone spatial awareness, race craft and work on new passing move ideas. They're not crazy anymore and have only rear ended me once since 1.2, they've in fact avoided a lot of collisions where I've been actively trying to trip them up.

I also seem to be stuck on SA 99, what's with that? Did something with the algorithm change to make it insanely easy to get a decent SA?

13. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

If you live in Italy, making you staying home in a friday should be considered a crime. C'mon guys, friday... Birra Moretti and prosciutto with some friends... Don't make Aristotelis stay home on friday.

14. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

Which Field Of View do you use ? :)

15. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

I would start by reading 'Tune to Drive' by Carroll Smith, here is just some of what he says about tyre pressure:

In the days of skinny tires and high tread crowns the coefficient of friction increased with tire pressure, and notable performance increases could be realized by raising the tire pressure to the point where the decreased compliance with the road balanced out the increased tire capacity. Most of us didn't have a lot of power in those days-nor brakes. The pressure to run was very much a function of surface roughness and driver preference. Actually, tire pressure was one of the few methods we had for the adjustment of the understeer/oversteer balance of the car. This is no longer true-none of it! The present generation of racing tires depends upon inflation pressure to achieve the designed (and necessary) tread arc profile, and we don't get to play the pressure game much of any except with skinny tires, and I don't have any recent experience with rims less than 20 ten inches wide. It has been my experience, not necessarily agreed to by the tire companies, that operating on the low side of the safe tire pressure range pays off in lap time-probably due to better compliance. Eighteen psi hot is about as low as I am prepared to go-even with safety studs. The low limit is normally reached when the tire temperature at the center of the tread is five to ten degrees F. hotter than the cooler edge. In no case do we want the inside cool. Since the optimum temperature pattern in this respect varies with the construction of the tire, long conversations with selected tire technicians are in order here. Anyway, too much pressure leads to too much crown and reduced compliance, and too little gives sloppy response, reduced footprint effective area and too much tread temperature. For sure the ever popular idea that the hot tip is to run hard tire pressures at circuits with long straights is a fallacy. You won't pick up enough top speed to read on the tach, and your elapsed time is going to suffer seriously due to decreased bite and compliance. Cornering power, acceleration and braking will all go to hell in a hurry with artificially high pressures. There are a couple of points to bear in mind about tire pressure. The first is that racing tires tend to leak a lot. The sidewalls have just about enough rubber to stick the cords together-and no more. Cast wheels are porous to some extent, and the life saving wheel safety studs wiIl leak if given half a chance. Each time that a tire is mounted it is absolutely necessary to first check visually that the beads are fulIy seated and then to check the whole assembly for leaks. The quick way is to spray a complete covering of Fantastik or 409 cleaner on the tire and rim and look for bubbles. Tiny leaks in the sidewall are not a cause for concern, but any leak in the wheel means that you must either seal a porous area or scrap the rim due to a crack. Obviously there cannot be any leaks on the tread or from the safety studs. Next, time permitting, inflate the tire to some reasonable pressure and write both the pressure and the time of day on the tire. Recheck in an hour. If it leaks down more than about 3 psi per hour, you are not going to be able to race on it. You can, however, practice on it if the leak rate is less than 5 psi per hour. Just keep checking it and pumping it up. Before knocking off for the night, inflate all tires to the same pressure and check them in the morning. Before you return to the manufacturer a new tire that is leaking badly, find the leak and make damned sure that it is in their tire and not in your rim. It pays to check the valve core for tightness yourself, daily, and it is essential to run a valve cappreferably a metal cap with a rubber seal. It seems that the centrifugal force associated with tire rotation tends to push the valve open. All air is not the same-some contains more water vapor. This can be due to ambient conditions, lack of moisture traps in the compressor lines or to somebody forgetting to blow the compressor down. The more water vapor contained in the air which you use to inflate your tires, the more pressure buildup you will get at a given tire temperature. Sometimes, if enough moisture is present, the difference can be notable. Since you are looking for a given hot pressure (cold pressure is meaningless, except as a starting point), you must determine, at each track, what cold starting pressure

16. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Edited: misunderstood what you’re saying

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    After_Midnight likes this.
  17. Same here at the first read :D

18. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Fov that works on a 65 inch display. :D

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  19. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Ha the dam rating system has just gone down I'm guessing??

20. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I wonder how long the ACC base European series product will be updated each year?

New grade 1 Zandvoort is on the 2020 European calendar, is it planned to include it next year?

Son likes this.