1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I was referring to the three more “and more’s” at the end so we definitely know there is more stuff coming after this dlc and they haven’t moved on to another title

2. Tim Larsen

Tim Larsen Racer

To me the moreX3 in the trailer meant there was more in this upcoming DLC than we have seen advertised.
    As for GT4, I see no reason to begin to add any other cars at this point. ACC is the GT3 goto sim and that's the stated purpose of the sim.

anthonylroy likes this.
  3. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Unusual interpretation... time will tell but I’m fairly confident of a plan for 3 more DLC’s after IGTC. I could speculate what these may be all day long but there really is no point in that.

To me there is already a heap in the sim to last ages in a league environment, especially once driver swaps get fixed.

I’m also looking forward to new GPU’s and VR headsets at some point which will make it all look much better as I’m a VR only person.

chksix and Ale Robles like this.
  4. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

On Billy Broadband's video yesterday he mentioned GT4s maybe coming at the 11:30 mark of the video. This could just be from him reading the same forums we do though and might not be based on any inside information. Personally I think it would be a possibility as slower car classes do tend to be popular for public MP fun races amongst the more "gamer" than "sim racer" players.

5. Mirage01

Mirage01 Gamer

Will VR ever get to a quality standard in this game and engine or is it a lost cause? pretty sad, i would love to try it but i Only race in vR

6. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Absolutely love how well you have described the problems you are having! 5 star!

Its especially helpful that you don’t list your PC specs anywhere, not so much as what headset you use or the settings you are trying to run...

LATE4APEX likes this.
  7. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

I think ACC or what else the will call it, need more series to go widest in terms of users.
    If you ask me, better stay with the ACC brand, just adding more content.

Epistolarius, LATE4APEX and GRFOCO like this.
  8. Captain Barracuda

There's a good chance there will be another series IMO, but of course as soon as they add another class of car the pool of users for each will halve, so they probably shouldn't do it too soon.

9. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

GT4 or another class is coming I think:

* Cars in general not as much work as tracks

* 3 times "more" in thar video. Probably 2 track packs but only track packs wouldn't make sense.

* "Class leader in the pits" in the game :)

* Don't some of the SRO GT America series have multiclass anyway? I think I saw some race which had multiclass.

Agree with the guy who said it will take time and they need to collect data first.

It would be really cool to have multiclass in ACC I think.

10. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

I think Jimmy's review again was a very fair one, the two things he brought up at the end, optimization and career mode still are a problem, career mode is just so meh, and the optimization per track still needs some work, the fps varies so much driving around individual circuits sometimes 20/30fps just doesn't seem right, also I have two graphics settings I use, first one is basically epic with a couple of high's thrown in, the other one is mainly high settings with a couple of epic thrown in and maybe two mid's, now in the pits with just me there is about 20 to 30fps difference between the two settings, yet as soon as you stick the AI on track you get the same result from both settings which really doesn't make a lot of sensce to me, I actually had better performance back at v.1.1..

Captain Barracuda likes this.
  11. Nox

Nox Racer

AM, PRO-AM and PRO Class?

henkjansmits, XettMan and anthonylroy like this.
  12. Captain Barracuda

Overall for me performance got better with 1.1 and stayed much the same with 1.2. I think there's departments within Kunos undoing each other's work so to speak. You have one team optimising CPU and another adding more complex physics (chassis flex, improved slipstream etc). Mine is a layman's view of course but I get what you mean. Jimmy's point about Nurburgring is valid and your point about frame variation at different points of the track is also valid. I get 120fps in places and then 80 in others. This is ok for me because the lower end of my frame rate is acceptable, but I can understand for players with lower systems where their range is 30-70fps this will be an issue (plus I'm lucky my 144hz monitor seems to handle the variation really well for some reason without locking a lower refresh rate).

13. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

In my opinion, GT4 would be the next logical content update in terms of cars. We have about all of the relevant GT3 cars by now and it would open a new experience on the tracks.
    Would love GT4 in the physics standard of ACC.

chksix likes this.
  14. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

I have ACC and I only race in VR, I have a 6700k and a 1080TI, It not perfect but it is no way as bad as some people make out

eracerhead and Thug like this.
  15. Captain Barracuda

GT4 would be a good addition, now that AI recognise blue flags (remember what it was like having a train of cars behind the REX Gullardo). There's still some optimisation to be had with AI blue flags for multiclass SP racing to be really good, but it's definitely moving in a good direction to do a decent job of this.

Gopher04 likes this.
  16. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Yeh the blue flags still has issus for sure, the AI mostly recognise them but not all the time, but also when they do recognise them I find it quite often they slow down to much and often in a corner, same as the out lap they are still backing each other way to much as well, there need to be more spacing when they come out of the pits, it's just not random enough, you don't need every car coming out as soon as you get the green light, why not have some hold back more, and also why can't they recognise each other in the pit and yourself so they don't try to insert into each other..:eek:

17. Turk

Turk Alien

GT4 would be great, but how many different cars are there in GT4? It's a significant amount of work I think, so I wouldn't expect it to happen soon, if it did happen.

I think the new hypercar class is probably more attractive. There are less cars, so it's less work, they'd probably be an easier product to sell because there would be big interest. It would create a big hype about the game if they had them in sim during their inaugural year in real world racing, so lots of easy promotion opportunities.

18. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

Multi-class racing is different to blue flags in single class racing. In multi-class racing the slower cars do not have to "give way" to the faster cars. It is up to the faster cars to find a place to overtake safely.

19. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

Are you talking about the Le Mans Hypercars or the GT2 cars? The Le Mans Hypercars surely are outside the scope of ACC as they will race against LMPs and GTEs.

20. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

Not to mention ACC is a official SRO series game.... So GT world Challenge Europe/America/Asia, Intercontinental, British GT, GT4 European series etc etc, WEC, DTM, F1, IMSA is not.