1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023-2024 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Freddie Seng likes this.
  2. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

Exciting times :)

sissydriver and sps_for_race like this.
  3. Unf

Unf Racer

I have unofficial AC3 trailer (work title Assetto Corsa: Nordschleife)

What more is needed? Nothing. :rolleyes:

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  4. rnavasg

rnavasg Gamer

Implementing an acc 24 h of Nürburgring, separate from the current sro game, would make sense, most of the gt3-4s are already implemented in acc and the nordschleife was laser scanned in ac, from the content point of view, they‘d be missing the tcs.
    Whatever the new project the question would be if they‘ use UE or their own graphics engine.

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  5. marph

marph Racer

As much I love this simulation and the light especially when the sun rises or goes down,I hope they do change the engine to something that is more friendly for VR. Apart from that, yes I think Kunos would nail a 24h/VLN Addon like nobody else.

Darmote and AndyK70 like this.
  6. Serge M

Serge M Alien

General tech question here, do you have any idea what you are talking about when you say “change engine”?

stefanoCasillo, Coanda and Dewald Nel like this.
  7. marph

marph Racer

:D of course I mean when they consider a completely new AC. Like the step from AC to ACC.
    But the main thing I wanted to say is, that I would highly appreciate it, if VR would be a more important topic in the next iteration of this sim.

8. Maciej Malinowski

What stops you from enjoying it in VR now tho? Believe me you can run it on a laptop now :)...like literally :D

chksix likes this.
  9. marph

marph Racer

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy it totally. Just graphical wise even with a G2 it will never be like lets say AC with Sol I think. If I crank up SS like crazy the Cockpit looks awesome but in the distance its less sharp than other sims. Even with the VR tipps out of this forum. When I read other guys with 3090s and high end CPU it sounds a bit dissapointing what they can achieve with it. Driving a 24h Spa in VR (G2) with a full grid is maybe a dream for something in a few years. But generally with a resolution of a G2 in any complex Sim/Games we have to be patient until the right hardware is available.

10. FloSimRace

FloSimRace Simracer

For laserscan Magny-Cours for a "real" GTWC 2020 DLC for example :D

11. Achokaracho

Achokaracho Racer

Hi Guys
    Wasn't there someone here who claimed that the core physics in ACC are broken?
    He brought an example where he said he had talked to a race driver and he would drive in the Porsche Cup at Zandvoort in the 4-wheel slide on the start and finish straight?

It's not Zandvoort but Nürburgring, but you can still see a slide.
    I don't know what you see in the video, but I see a 4-Wheel-Side through the chicane.
    Sorry for the bad quality, but my graphics card needs an upgrade.

12. Mogster

Mogster Alien

It’s just a shame British GT dropped Thruxton and Knockhill a couple of years ago. Kunos scanned Knockhill would have been quite something, like a really tiny Nordschleife :D

Still, Oulton and Donny will be marvellous :cool:

Wee_Eck, Maciej Malinowski and its.me like this.
  13. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@Achokaracho - with all due respect (and in these crazy times we should be careful and cautious with each other) to the doubts that someone may express about the physics of ACC - to claim there is something fundamentally wrong is just nonsense. So much nonsense, in fact, that there can only be a certain intention or a considerable degree of stupidity behind such an assumption.

14. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

have you seen marco on facebook?????

o_Oo_Oo_O

i am dreaming?

15. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Please enlighten us, for those who don´t have a Facebook account :)

16. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

Sounds like a case of "reading too much into a Facebook post". I wouldn't worry about it.

17. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Marco posted bout a four year old video, showing nords in AC.

He wrote: "I think it still represents well the pure essence of the Assetto Corsa vision."

and then:

"We’ll be back."

Thats exact the way they did it in the past.
    First little information. Later the "surprise".
    I never saw them laying a false trail.
    Marco chooses his words carefully and is aware of his impact. Thus, I suspect that here is also a story behind it.

rycil, nfsw55, Freddie Seng and 5 others like this.
  18. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

Yup, just as I said - reading way too much into it. Kunos hasn't closed, obviously they'll be back - ACC wasn't their swansong or anything.

It's like saying "the sun will rise again" and then think we're getting a new one.

Reign in them expectations.

AndyK70, azzah and Elrann like this.
  19. Maciej Malinowski

Yeah, let’s just get back on the ground and focus on British GT and then wait, enjoy 2020 in-game season which no-one really fully understands yet and one that brings new cars to the mix up the top, and those new tyres and aero :D

20. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@Dewald Nel -
    to make some things clear - I didn't interpret anything into the words. I take them as they are, weigh up the intentions with which Marco has written in the past. Extrapolate these experiences into the future and assume a high probability that he has done this deliberately and is thus hinting at something.

In plain language:
    Nords will come.
    Road cars will come.
    When and how he has not indicated and I also not. Anyone who knows about software development and has followed the last few years (for e.g. the rough start of ACC, the disaster of Cyperpunk) knows that there are no more fast developments.
    I assume the following time window:
    2021 we learn more about what is basically planned
    2022 we will get early access or more detailed announcements
    2023 we will have something new to drive (probaly early access)
    Possibly everything 12 months earlier or later (except the announcement).

Why the wall of text?
    Because I object to the phrase "reading way too much into it". That's not true. And Fake News we already have way too much these days. The truth is important. You may think I'm a nitpicker - I'll cultivate that precision a bit more from now on.

After_Midnight and marph like this.