1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Two people, two different experiences. Happens a lot. [​IMG]:D

I've raced in public servers and, sometimes, it happens fellow racers from leagues to join the same server with the custom livery loaded (I recognize them because I can see their league colours) and, yet, I don't notice any join lag.

After_Midnight likes this.
  2. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Speaking particularly for the leagues where I race, in private servers, yeah, there is an agreement to not joining during qualifying but, although we are kids playing with our toys :D there are commitments with work, family , children and there can be cases (and there are) that someone is held up for some reason and can only join within qualifying session.
    As we all try to accommodate for each other, we are willing to accept the inconvenience of join lag so that, in those occasions, no one is left out of the race.
    Even understanding the added immersion that using a custom livery can represent, I would rather have only in-game liveries, default or made with the editor, precisely due to the two reasons I've put in the post above.
    In fact, for league endurance races (4h, 6h, and more), no custom liveries are allowed, only if made with in-game editor, so that the setbacks of using custom paintings do not affect us.

For public servers, it's a decision to be made by the server admins, whether or not to keep qualifying and race open or closed.
    Several public servers don't even set a practice sessions, using only qualifying and race, and those, surely, can't close the q session for sure.

Personally, I can stand well enough open qualifying sessions in public servers (perhaps I'm being selfish, because very, very rarely have any issues with joining lag), but not the same for race, which I consider should always be closed, not matter if there are any joining lag or not.

3. Luis I also join leagues and of course anything can happen. It's not the end of the world, if you are late and cannot join. But ruining the experience to all the others because you are late...
    In the end you know how much time you need to go back home, if you also gotta travel, but you can choose among many leagues with different scheduling.

In addition, leagues always use passworded servers, of course, so this could also be left to admins, once the server is private.

But in public servers there are not even free practice sessions in 99% of cases and immersion there is a joke, not an illusion.
    So I think something in this sense has to be done.

4. Nope. I told you they could add validity check for liveries in terms of memory usage. If it is too big, it is not allowed.

But lag occures anyways, of course, worse lag is worse. Buf if you want to get rid of the problem, you gotta force people out during qualy.

The reason why you think I am a fan of customization, which I think is a human tendency, is hidden to me :D.

The truth is that the structure is completely opened, so lacks organization all the time.
    Instead CP is just great. Ehehe you can ask "why don't you just join cp then?:mad:"
    But cp is not always available.

5. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

Perhaps I remember it incorrectly, but “back” then I think someone from devs (Aris I think?) posted public post where they stated that they contacted Masterlooser and done with him agreement based on that if he not publish his hack anywhere then they not ban him because otherwise it would be much bigger problem.

However as I’ve mentioned, maybe I remember it incorrectly.

6. Nev Roberts

Nev Roberts Racer

While on the subject of liveries and I know wish lists are not accepted but I do wish the colours of the pit crew uniforms would be brighter - black can be hard to see in the pit shadows.

7. You're right. I was following this quite closely to see what happen. But it seems absolute nothing happened, unfortunately.

8. Goaqi

Goaqi Rookie

When I was watching the video, I was thinking about the race I ran last night and I remembered that there was a driver doing the same ... Then I saw the name of the driver that appears in the video and I discovered that it was the same driver.

9. Monotone

Monotone Gamer

Timestamp 12:10

Sounds very promising — think also they are doing the live Q&A with James Baldwin today?

Ignacio Prieto, Ecnelis and Serge M like this.
  10. Serge M

Serge M Alien

My thinking/hope is that ACC will run and be supported along side whatever else Kunos may make.

GT3 racing is probably the biggest type of racing series in the world and growing, this series needs a sim to run along side for eSport events. Much like F1 has the F1 games

SellerieMitDip and Elrann like this.
  11. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

upload_2021-7-30_12-6-43.png

TheBoss likes this.
  12. Mogster

Mogster Alien

That would be ideal.

Freddie Seng likes this.
  13. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

James Baldwin and Marco Massarutto. But there was no info on when and where exactly in will be released (at least I could not find any).

icemanzp likes this.
  14. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Adastros and After_Midnight like this.
  15. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Who cares about the Supra :D Fingers crossed for GTWC America!

JanR, NemethR, GRFOCO and 6 others like this.
  16. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Always in for new tracks of course :)

17. When the beta version starts having two updates a day, it's because a new version is approaching.

upload_2021-7-30_14-9-41.png

chksix, TheBoss, GRFOCO and 1 other person like this.
  18. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

No when you have two betas a day it means a developer has had an "Oh S**t moment"

unpierrot and Dewald Nel like this.
  19. Cholton1982

Cholton1982 Gamer

Could be exciting , On a side note is their anyway to increase or speed up slightly the accumulation of screen dirt and general filth on the cars ?

Always felt the screen should get a whole lot dirtier before it gets refreshed after a pitstop.

20. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

There's not.

Cholton1982 likes this.