1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023-2024 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. chksix likes this.
  2. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

Ill give it a go primarily because here, unlike the CP system, you can sign in 15 mins later and just skip Q. 45m is short enough not to get lapped by Perel.

Normal ACC CP system still going strong btw, some good races there in my experience. Few years after release the "competitione" is still there :).

3. I only had good races in CP. Always enjoyed.

Serge M likes this.
  4. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

Agree, if someone does something dumb they generally apologize, and also the driving level is notably higher. Probably due to the commitment factor. I enjoy CP.

Freddie Seng and Salvatore Amato like this.
  5. It may sound stupid, but the fact you cannot just screw up and have another race right after may be a factor there, in my opinion.
    I think that, if also public lobbies collected drivers during FP and it was not possible to join in qualy and race, there would be a much higher level of committment also in the lobbies.

There is one ACC for the guys with more than 78SA and another ACC for all the others, ignoring leagues, which is all fine, but then it would be great to have 1 CP race every 1 or 2 hours.

Rogue Leader and chksix like this.
  6. Rogue Leader

Agree, I play ACC later in the evening, if I don't get on my Sim rig by like 11ish PM sharp I miss the race. Then its like ugh lets see which Monza/Spa room has the least rookies in it lol.

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  7. Rogue Leader

Of course I say that and the CP server is messed up tonight, timer never started, so we could never leave the pits. Everyone bails. I end up in a general population Spa server. Get yeeted in Eau Rouge lap 1 by some clown. Then I try another server Nurburgring at night, and get yeeted again on lap 1. Its like why do I even bother?

8. icemanzp

icemanzp Simracer

every next changelog is better than the previous..:confused:

9. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

Why? Were you expecting someting big?

10. I do. They have always released something big in october/november (2019/2020 dlcs + huge updates). Futhermore last big updated dates back to march. In the end, this is it's the start of the season.

11. Amyone know what the update patch was about today, just logged onto steam and am getting a 537.8Mb update. No patch notes to go with though????

12. the size doesn't matter. the actual update may just be two lines, but if it is contained in a 6gb pack, you gotta download it all.

13. Dewald Nel

I assume you missed the below video then. ACC will only be getting substantial updates next year:

rycil and Whitestar like this.
  14. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

chksix likes this.
  15. Minute 5:50, I quote: " we are still deciding about the period of release...q4 2021 or q1 2022", which means that you have just scooped. :D

16. Dewald Nel

Which means December at the earliest... ergo, not this week.

17. Em...no.

Q4 2021 means october/november/dicember 2021. I will demonstrate it to you, if you allow me.
    There are 12 month in 1 year.
    Divide 12 by 4 (Q means quarter, Q4 is the forth quarter, a quarter is the result of a division by 4, so 1/4) and you get 3 (in this case 12/4=3).
    All that calculation is made under the assumption that 1 is the numeric unit, of course.
    Otherwise the whole consistency of mathematics falls, and 12/4 may be equal to december only, but this is not the case. Trust me.
    The last 3 months of a year are, then, october, november and dicember. And we are in 2021 now.
    Ergo...I mean: cogito, ergo "also this week" est.

P.S. Let's say you are not yet convinced, here is the link for the year calendar, from wikipedia, check paragraph 2, "Quarters":
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calendar_year

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    Liakitsos and chksix like this.
  18. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Interviewer: Most important question for last - pineapple on pizza?
    Marco: Goodbye!

:D

Dewald Nel and chksix like this.
  19. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I hate that video. Nothing worries me more about future Kunos than this kind of marketing BS.
    I'm sure there is a market for the mobile version but the over-hyped excitement for something most sim-racers have little or no interest in is patronising.

20. Dewald Nel

No need to be your uaual patronising self, I know how quarter math works.

You just need a basic understanding to figure out that a video posted on 27 August indicating an expectation of Q4 2021-Q1 2022 would exclude October and November - that release estimate would mean anywhere between 2 months and 7 months worth of work. Now, I know assumption gymnastics is a regional sport on these forums, but most people would realise that if the estimate includes 7 months from now, it's highly unlikely to be 2 or 3 months.

Thus, you can safely exclude October-November.

Follow me for more thinking tips. ;)