1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023-2024 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. =LM=908GTS

=LM=908GTS Rookie

Yep, maybe in my dreams, different categories from GT3/GT4 in an upcoming DLC. :D

2. FastFred

FastFred Gamer

Go back to my first post today, about FFB, Aston V8 at Monza. A question at the end; anyone else suffering long save/load times after the latest patch?

3. FFB code for AC and ACC is pretty much exactly the same, line by line.. what's changed is the tyre DATA.

This has been explained hundreds of times.. tyres in ACC are way more "peaky" than in AC.. so all the interesting stuff happens at lower slip angles... it's all in there, but it's all concentrated in a very small range and happens FAST so things can be harder to "feel".. but it has absolutely nothing to do with FFB code.

Yes... increase the tyre operating angles, give them more grip over the limit and puff.. everything becomes more communicative, easier and full of FEELZ.. cars wobble around while braking and all but that's not really what the project is about isn't it?

4. no clue about the loading times.

The other one is not a question but an observation.. and it has nothing to do with FFB.. the car does what it does because the physics does it...FFB simply fetches 2 numbers, sums them up and sends the result to the steering wheel.

5. =LM=908GTS

=LM=908GTS Rookie

Thanks for this explanation, I wasn't here when the lesson was given. :D

6. Serge M

Serge M Alien

While we are on the subject of ffb, saw something interesting in the Automobilista 2 patch notes:

Introduced routine to reset FFB in case of FFB loss (game detects the loss and reset FFB automatically, should be seamless for player.

This is interesting as in the Bathurst 12 hour on our first stop the second driver had no ffb in his wheel, we had to pit and swap drivers which cost time.

And on the last stop where I was going to be finishing the final 50 minutes of the race when I got the car I had no steering, this caused a massive issue as the only way to fix is to exit ACC in full. With 4 drivers in the car this means everyone has to exit the server and rejoin in the correct order, one guy was away so by the time we got this done we lost 4 or so laps.

For me I’m guessing the USB port dropped between my stints, resetting the wheel base did nothing as did refreshing the controls in the options menu.

Would be good if there was a way to get it to re-detect input devices without having to exit the server/whole game.

Guidofoc and chksix like this.
  7. baboon

baboon Alien

Is the dynamic damping in ACC the same thing as the gyro setting in AC? I was wondering what would be the equivalent values to set for those if I wanted to get the same (or very similar) result.

LATE4APEX likes this.
  8. yes, although honestly I don't remember if the formula was changed or not... so not sure what an equivalent value would be.

baboon likes this.
  9. [​IMG]

LATE4APEX likes this.
  10. DoubleJ93

DoubleJ93 Gamer

I wonder if Aris has planned a video about this topic.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    FriendOfJah and AndyK70 like this.
  11. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Kevin has a video on Youtube (but in German) and clearly recommends DynDamp at 100.
    Have changed it after a long time from ~35 to 100 - not a huge difference but I like the slightly higher resistance better.

dek and baboon like this.
  12. baboon

baboon Alien

I remember on weaker wheels it can be better to go lower because the added resistance would mask the other forces, especially on high speed corners. I still use an old G27 so I have settled with 40%.

After_Midnight and LATE4APEX like this.
  13. That was about gain and road effects

14. Nope :)

LATE4APEX likes this.
  15. :eek:

16. RDGNL

RDGNL Simracer

Are you saying all we need to get ACC's excellent FFB in AC is tyre data? :eek:

Can we start a GoFundMe for a nice relaxing side project for Aris or yourself? :D

17. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

I need this also for battery switching on my wireless VR. Although Steam keeps running ACC drops connection and strange things happen. Most of the times the sound is lost and plays in the speakers in the other room. Other times FFB or the steering is lost. A quick refresh button or command would be great.

18. tyres are one of the biggest factors ya.. but not the only one.

Again there's really no such a thing as "FFB" without physics.. think of it like a speaker that reproduces music.
    FFB is the speaker.. physics is the song.

AC and ACC have pretty much the same speaker.. so to get the same result you need to play the same song... saying "so I can get the excellent ACC speaker" is nonsense.. it IS the same speaker... the song is different.

ACC is the result of 3-4 years (how long as it been? I forgot) of improvements over what we finished with in AC... going from the data, the 64bit precision physics engine, to the tyre collision system, the completely new aero system, the chassis flex and all the other great stuff made possible by the awesome work of Fernando coding and Aris' developments... all of that improved the song, and that's why it sounds better... or not :D :D :D... that's up to the listener I guess :p

19. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

I always believe that's a different approach, also noticeable in AC.
    You need a motion rig to get what you want. :)

By the way, with some setup adjustments you can adjust your FFB felling. :rolleyes:

20. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Yes that would definitely be useful.
    I have a similar (although not as bad) issue with my T500RS where sometimes I start playing and the wheel has a huge "spring effect", while other times it is perfectly normal (only happens in ACC, never happened in AC). I haven't taken the time to verify when this happens, what i do is simply adjust the FFB strength on the fly (numkey 8 and 2), but it's weird. If there was a way to "reset" the FFB that would be useful.

Serge M likes this.