1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

As I have been posting over and over again, but for the millionth time, you feel the "pull" via FFB in the wheel.

Edit: Second guessing myself, I have not gone into detail as to the WHY we feel the car's backend moving around in FFB, thought that was obvious, your post here does.
    And all this talk about "back ends" moving around, is very distracting :p

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    Felge Schneider and chksix like this.
  2. It's my favourite song :mad:

3. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

4. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Did you read my post?

5. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

Had 2 CP races in a row last night (think I've done about 10 in total before that), must say it seems the racing is a lot cleaner than it used to be - which is why I only did so few before. I guess the trolls got bored with ACC and CP races - the guys who will send it from 100m back into every braking zone?

Was also fun as it was the first time I've done 2 races on 1 day with different cars (Audi, then McLaren) and it really makes the game shine with regards to how differently you have to drive cars, and highlighting their nuances.

I really hope the next AC(C) game goes down a similar path as ACC - the depth of simulation has grown because of the specific focus. On AC1, most cars felt too similar because it's impossible to fine-tune so many different cars and car types. Even if it's a different series, i.e. WEC (improbable), as long as we get the same level of immersion it's a lot better than the randomness of AC1.

jfb33, Wolkenwolf, Pier84 and 8 others like this.
  6. GravityMsc

GravityMsc Rookie

And...I think it is time to give us some public apis or webpages for CP races and driver profile like iRacing. Most people like to get their race results.(Yes, I know ACC Results Companion.)

BTW, thank kunos for SA cp servers. I've posted several requests and it comes true finally. :p

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    MAG82, Batch, GRFOCO and 2 others like this.
  7. Hard to tell. RAL 5015 is the closest one in my opinion. But in the picture it seems to have some kind of metallic effect. :oops: For the dark blue part I'd choose RAL 5005.

8. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Hey Gravity, how's things, has been a while. Good too see we got an APAC CP server. I haven't had a chance to use it yet but first chance I get I hope to have some good races in there against you and your local league mates.

9. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I re-read your post, and it looks like I misinterpreted, so I guess you are NOT in favour of FAKE effects.

Sorry 'bout that.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  10. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

much appreciated sir!!! yeah I noticed the metallic effect as well on the website and some real life dashcams.

After_Midnight likes this.
  11. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

I call it over done effects.
    That's why I like so must ACC.

In the early day, the FFB from wheels was the accessible to most of us. Now we have other hardware that can give us FFB like motion plataforms, so now it make no sence to amplificate those effects on the wheel.

At least for me ACC give a feeling more realistic of the behavior of the wheel.

LATE4APEX likes this.
  12. You're welcome :)
    But please keep in mind the spectrum of RAL is very limited color wise. Also the fact I've to compare it to a RGB picture at the monitor opens a lot room for issues.:oops:

Tundra likes this.
  13. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

would the photoshop tool to pick up RGB colors by clicking on them useful for this?
    my idea was taking a RAL code and search for similar plastic kit models enamels / acrylics

14. I got your idea already. Of course you can try to pick up the color in Photoshop and use the build in Pantone converter. So you can use any online converter Pantone to RAL. But now you'll end up at the problem the Pantone systems including much much more color tones and shades than the RAL system. So the RAL result will again just some sort of "close to original" color of the VBOX.

Edit: Photoshop result is Pantone 660

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    Tundra likes this.
  15. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

16. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Men: "Haha, women have dozens of names for yellow."

also men: "What's the colour code for YXZ?"

Freddie Seng and chksix like this.
  17. Psit

Psit Alien

18. ...sort of :p

19. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

it can´t be, it´s two colours :D

After_Midnight likes this.
  20. De Breuk

De Breuk Racer

For a game that is really depending on leagues and championships managed by it’s users it is really bugging me that creating new topic and even posting in existing ones in the ACC Online Leagues section takes this long to get “approval”. 6 days and counting...