1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023-2024 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

Agree. I'm in the middle of a "break" from ACC. Its been about 2 weeks since I've played. I'll be back to it soon.

I took a break as I was starting to get frustrated, after multiple nights in a row of working hard through qualifying to be in the first few rows, only to get punted on lap 1 within the first 4 or 5 turns in every race I did by some no talent *** clown, I started to think "maybe its me". My SA got knocked down a few points and I just said screw it I'm taking a break.

Glad to see others are noticing that public lobbies aren't getting any better. I'm hoping SimGrid US daily race servers start filling up better and I will maybe stick to that.

2. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

I'm no expert on that, but I guess a system where you can report people would be either too complicated, too expensive or there'd be too many people with a short fuse reporting every little situation. I mean basically evertime you read "idiot" in the chat there'd be a report right there and mostly driving on public servers I read that A LOT. :D

Additionally I think Kunos underestimated the boredom of some people that would farm SA in SP to play "the moving chicane" online :p

stefanoCasillo likes this.
  3. RDGNL

RDGNL Simracer

I'd rather the devs work on new content and improving the sim rather than watching thousands of reports just because some guy accidentally missed his braking marker.

4. I'm not talking about a report system mate.
    It should not be possible to stop the entire race at the track. In addition to that it should be also not possible to park alongside the track the whole time and create yellow flag warnings for 30min.

A cap for farming in SP would be nice ;)

stefanoCasillo likes this.
  5. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

There is only one scenario where I think it's a little harsh to prevent "parking" besides the track and that is in long endurance races where I don't know what could happen where you need to take a little break immediatley without completly destroying your or anybodie else's race. Other than that I don't see any reason why people shouldn't be ported back into the pits if they park anywhere for too long.

After_Midnight likes this.
  6. Bark

Bark Rookie

if you have "dashboard display in hud" on in the view settings, the borders will flash yellow and red just like the gear/speed hud widget

7. Rolz

Rolz Alien

yeah the AP CP servers have been pretty good... though I disagree with back markers knowing what blue flag means... unless they just aren't aware they have a driver behind them or that they are about to be lapped... but the front 3rd of the pack have been very good of late on CP servers and SimGrid Daily races.

Justin Cruze likes this.
  8. Got it :) Thank you very much.

9. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Ok I'm ready for the next game from KS:D Hope we get some news soon:cool:

10. McLaren 720S GT3X

anthony galmiche and Rolz like this.
  11. Justin Cruze

Justin Cruze Racer

Same experience with CP here, mostly good.

Blue flags have been a problem....on normal tracks you can deal with it but on tighter tracks like Brands or Oulton, a bad lapped driver can ruin your race. It's probably a tough one to address though, not sure how you could enforce it without stewards.

Rolz likes this.
  12. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Something to keep in mind though is that in this GT3 series lapped cars are under no obligation to move over instantly for anyone. This is different to what most are use to from F1 where a blue flag means you need to get out of the way.

I know a lot of leagues use the F1 rules but when racing on public servers I would assume GT3 rules. When people do move over then much thanks to them, when they don’t, well that’s racing and seeing as I’m lapping them good chance I’m much faster so should have no issue passing somewhere safely.

Sometimes you will get held up, other times the person you are chasing or is chasing you will, you win some you lose some

Turk, LukFry and henkjansmits like this.
  13. Rolz

Rolz Alien

As Justin mentioned, Brands or Oulton are not really large open tracks that makes passing a blue flag an easy task, I don't expect instant get out of my way type of compliance at all, but when I'm sitting behind you for over half a lap waiting to get passed it does get slightly frustrating.

Goes to my previous point, they are either oblivious or don't know I'm a lap ahead due to not running the right MFD screen to tell them...

Justin Cruze and Serge M like this.
  14. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Ahh the goat tracks...

Rolz likes this.
  15. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

they couldn´t refrain themselves :confused:

16. Nev Roberts

Nev Roberts Racer

With the quickest and toughest AI.

17. RDGNL

RDGNL Simracer

If there's any more people around who, like me, spend the first 30 minutes of the evening to decide which track and car combo to drive vs the AI and own an Apple device, I made an iOS Shortcut that will make the decision for you.

Just start the shortcut and it will:

1. Randomly select any of the 19 tracks
    2. Randomly select a season (2018, 2019, 2020, ICGT, BGT, GT4, Porsche Cup, ST)
    3. Depending on the season selection randomly select a matching car
    4. Output the track, season and car.

[​IMG]

If there's others interested please let me know, I'll find a place to share the shortcut.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    Rolz likes this.
  18. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

Nope, it wasn't him but I also encountered "The Moving Chicane". :)

JnJ | Rayleigh likes this.
  19. myimac

myimac Alien

Yes please, life with a newborn child has severely impacted my time on ACC so this would be helpful.
    I love sim racing but the last 2 years or so it’s been so difficult to get enough time for things so every second helps

20. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Wonder if we will ge the BMW M4 GT3 and the 992 Porsche GT3 R in the game once these will be raced irl. The 992 Cup already looks sexy as hell.

Salvatore Amato likes this.