1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Blog Assetto Corsa Competizione - Another great journey is about to begin!

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Aristotelis, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Tkeg

Tkeg Gamer

This looks very cool, I can't wait to try ACC :)

- How much more CPU power will be needed compared to AC? If there are more settings simulated for each car it should use the CPU even more.

- Is there any setup help provided in the game? Things like better and more complex telemetry, more explanation about every parameter of the setup,...

2. Atrax

Atrax Racer

That was great, can't wait for all the other posts. Seems like an interesting read. :)
    Dude ACC... can't freaking wait for that. I just hope my PC will be able to handle it. We'll see.
    Thanks for this Aris!

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  3. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Will the aero model take dirty air into consideration? Slipstreaming, moving center of lift etc..

Fremen_78 likes this.
  4. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

Summer is over, kids are back in school, my rig is ready, ACC journey is about to begin, life is good:)

sissydriver and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  5. delpinsky

delpinsky Gamer

Great! :D
    ACC EA is coming....

6. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Gamer

7. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Didn't AC do that already?

8. Leclettico

Leclettico Gamer

I'm so happy, Kunos.
    Non vedo l'ora di metterci le mani e i piedi su. :)

9. Not sure it moved the balance front/back (and not sure if anyone has data of that happening), but yes, slipstreaming (so drag and DF reduction) definitely works in AC already.

Will be interesting to see if that effect is 'lengthened' (not increased, if you see what I mean). Right now you have to be within 0.5s for the effect to start, which seems quite small to me (again, no data to say otherwise).

10. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

im very looking forward to this, blancpain as a series has everyhting and i love it

if it drives better than AC then i'll say thank you now for your hard work

i play in vr and am hoping this will be a great vr experience

Micii1 likes this.
  11. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

As we did with AC, I'm looking forward to experiencing ACC as it grows and improves over the months and years. Thank you for putting all your heart, your blood, sweat and tears into AC and ACC. In Kunos We Trust!

12. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Dont want to be that guy BUT can we move all disccusion to generic thread and lock this one down only for Aris posts so people can find the posts neatlly stacked :)

13. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

No don't worry, let the dicussion flow, interesting questions might appear, (which might reply or might not :p )
    I will create different posts for each argument. At the end of it all, we can maybe copy&paste the first posts in a single thread and stick it.

14. chakko

chakko Alien

To pick this point up: Any idea yet about the rough system requirements for ACC? That's my main concern at the moment, as i don't have a high end computer.

15. Leclettico

Leclettico Gamer

Aris, will the tyres "breathe" in a slow lap after a series of hot laps?
    Will be perceptible for the driver?

16. Aris a question for you if u dont mind. I bought the fanatec mclaren gt3 rim , will the functions of the switches and buttons be mapped and useable with ACC?

Ernie and Typer like this.
  17. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

Thank you very much for all the information, Aris.

Regarding the highlighted part of your post:
    Will we get some help with setups (in-game)?
    And if yes, how will this help look like?

Will there be any explanations in the game how to set up the cars correctly?
    Or will there be some kind of "engineer" (like in PC2 or F1 games)?

Ernie, Typer, Ace Pumpkin and 2 others like this.
  18. SoloWingX

SoloWingX Racer

I bought AC in the first day of Early Access and I will do the same with ACC as well. I am already very very hyped, these posts make it even worse. I can't even play any sims right now, I went back to some non-driving related games for the time being...

I am quite anxious about my CPU as well, ACC will be the deciding factor if I upgrade my PC...

September 12th will be like...
    1. Wake up at 7-8 AM.
    2. Check release time... around 7PM CET as usual, probably.
    3. Surf the net. Go to AC forums, RD forums, back and forth. F5 F5 F5.
    4. Go through existential crisis while the game is not released.
    5. After release watch the download speed and curse every time it goes down a bit.
    6a. Play... hotlap, race, dry, rain, day, night.
    6b. Turn on MSI Afterburner. Check CPU usage. If my good old i5 4460 is bottlenecked order Ryzen 5 2600.

Kudos to Kunos, this is the sim I always wanted and more. What am I going to do for another week?!

19. Is the grass will have a proper physics or it will be as AC ?

20. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Aris.

Do you mind giving short answer on BOP.

Will you guys try and make it vary race by race adjustments to replicate real life performance for single player?

Or will all the cars be balanced equal for every track.