1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Blog Assetto Corsa Competizione - Another great journey is about to begin!

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Aristotelis, Sep 5, 2018.

1. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

This was asked multiple times but i will ask again :)

is the racing line in rain dynamic or simulated some other way? So if i decide to park my car on race line and cars go around me will they dry out that area?

Poloman likes this.
  2. DM2zzion

DM2zzion Hardcore Simmer

They answered that already:
    The Blancpain Series uses a variable BoP depending on the track, which will be replicated in ACC.

Ernie likes this.
  3. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke Alien

4. R3V3NG3 BR

R3V3NG3 BR Racer

Nice! I'm pretty hyped for the new game!

5. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

There will be specific information about it before or on the day of release, I'll keep it on my staff that I can reply with more accuracy, sorry m8.

3 presets will be available for each car/circuit combination. We are also working hard to create a setup screen that is "simpler" to use and gives better information about what is happening, as the cars are VERY sensitive to certain setup changes and not all adjustments give "thumb of rule" results. VERY sensitive...

I'll make a specific aero post. Tons to discuss ;)

Again, look at above answer about requirements.

Tyre post is been written, but depending if I understood what you mean and what your expectations are, yes. But lets discuss that in the dedicated thread in a day or two.

I believe so yes. We collaborate closely with Fanatec.

Grass is very slippery... very.

Each car has a specific BoP for each track, recreating the official values of Blancpain GT Series. BoP affects engine, turbo pressure (if present), weight and ride height limits

No it won't, at least not for now. But we tried and I think succeeded to make the dynamic weather simulation much more realistic up to the point you will really do not feel the necessity. It's not marketing talk, let me write down the next post and then we can discuss about it.

6. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Simracer

Man....i've never been so excited for an early access. This is gonna be great. I don't even like GT3 cars all that much and it's still gonna be great.

7. chakko

chakko Alien

Thanks Aris. :)

D.Jankovic likes this.
  8. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

Let's end 2018 on a high note with Assetto Corsa: Competizione!

9. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Ooooh, I'm getting quite excited about this :D

Question: I see that an improved brake heating model is mentioned. Does this also imply that we'll have variable brake cooling/ducts (not sure of technical jargon) to adjust the cooling to match the track and driving style?

10. liakjim

liakjim Alien

[​IMG]

This is certainly not good news.
    I will wait for the post that analyze this more though.

11. Super excited. Thanks @Aristotelis for sharing details. Any discussion around audio improvements over AC?

Now as little ole NZ sees the sun before everyone else, wondering if I'm going to be late in to work on the 12th.. (goes off and blocks calendar out...)

12. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Sorry lads. No placebo, no buy.

matz_AUT and Chazz Ranger like this.
  13. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Tnx for answer excited that you will keep us informed in devblogs next few days about different features..

Throw in some photos ;) ;)

14. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

God speed Kunos, this is going to be a hell of a ride. :)

15. electriC82

electriC82 Simracer

Looking forward to EA release next Wednesday! ;)

16. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Looking forward to the next posts. I'm curious how locally drying track is not necessary for a realistic weather simulation.

17. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Dear Aris, can you share any info or details about the gearbox & drive-train behavior in ACC please?

Is it modeled physically in ACC and does it affect the car in obvious ways?
    (For example: In R3E, the cars can lurch or jerk abruptly and it can be felt on a motion setup, even when the rev's are not well matched during shifts).

18. mms

mms Alien

Nah, I think they found the solution around this, if you park your car on the racing line the other cars will just ram you off the racing line :D:D:D

On a more serious note, I'm looking forward to the post from Aris, little bit worried now :(

19. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

How are gravel traps handled? With GT3s you can often see cars struggling to get back, with more or less success.
    i guess this is handled similar to AC where burying in is not simulated as it's a very harsh penalty?

Is some kind of towing included in general?

Ernie likes this.
  20. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Yup, I think you'll like it :)

Believe me, you'll have plenty to worry about it... in a different way :D :D :D
    A bit of patience as I write the dedicated post about it

For now as in AC. There are some cool ideas about it, but it was not a priority for the first releases.

Schnipp, AurusCE, Luca Zari and 9 others like this.