1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

Lamborghini Super Trofeo is quite epic in AC, I like it over GT3 cars, it is a bit more crazy.

2. Stains

Stains Simracer

Its a great wheel rim !

I got sick of waiting for VR patch , lol i know it's not too long now but i started up Oculus Home beta with the Dash and got it to display my Desktop in a massive curved screen that completely filled my peripheral , put ACC in 4k High setting and by golly it looks nice ! I really and truly hope it will look something like this when released ! Sooo clean and clear ! I could not notice the pixels (well i could but they don't stand out at all) .
    This was the first time i got to use ACC with my wheel as it isn't set up for 2D screens anymore and the FFB and physics feel on point ! I did the race challenge and managed 10th (target) with the race starting late arvo and going into night !
    You've done something pretty special here Kunos ! I can't see myself playing GT3 cars in any other Sim after this comes with VR ! But you really need to bring great performance so the picture can look clean and clear without the pC2 shimmer and aliasing !

3. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I also like the GT3 Cup way more than the GT3 R in AC.

Anyway, I've just noticed that the flow of water/rain on the windshield is affected by the speed and g-forces, the more I get around to drive the more things I notice myself or have been pointed out by others.
    I really appreciate all the little details the devs thought of and made their way into the game. :)

4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Nope, same car. 2017 Porsche 911 GT3 Cup, 991 II generation.

Turk likes this.
  5. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

It actually looks better for me from the OTB configuration. I do not have the ghosting from the temporal AA. It also seems less stress to the GPU.

David Bertholom and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  6. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

7. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Won my first ACC race, yay! But got a shock when the winning anthem song came on as I forgot to lower the audio lol

8. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

A quick question for the people running an i7 6700k @ 4ghz and a gtx 1080
    What kind of fps are you guys running again with hd (or 4k) with 20 cars
    I'm looking to upgrade and im sure this setup will be more then enough to max the game (and have 90 fps in vr with some lower settings)

my current i5 @6500 and gtx960 survives but it wil not give me a smooth expierence in vr for sure

9. Not an exact data point for you, however...

I have two PC's - an i5 6600k @4.1ghz/16gb @ 2133/GTX1080 which is/was my simrig PC and a 1800X/16gb@3000mhz/GTX 1080 Ti which is/was my developer desktop. Using a 3560x1440 ultrawide.

The 6600k/1800 machine was barely passable at most settings high ~110 res scale. Getting reasonable frame rates until lots of cars onscreen and/or night time. In looking at task manager the CPU threads were absolutely pegged out. When getting around the 50-60 fps mark quite a bit of jankiness creeping in. So not sure if dropping a new CPU in like a 7700k would make a difference.

Last night I switched over to the 1800x/1080 TI machine, night and day difference - could crank almost everything up to epic in hotlapping and get solid 90fps at 110 resolution scale. Smooth as silk and the CPU threads weren't maxed at all. Had to knock back the post-processing for race event. It would drop to 55-60 at night, 1st lap or two with all cars around Turns 2-3.

If I get time on the weekend I might do some more quantifiable back to back tests.

BEsnake likes this.
  10. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

Thank you, seems like i should get the i7 8700k then to be safe and it should run fine( better safe then sorry) should have compareble performance as the 1800x

11. GingerMcAle

GingerMcAle Gamer

Could be a placebo:
    https://api.unrealengine.com/INT/API/Runtime/Engine/Engine/EAntiAliasingMethod/index.html

UE4 API documentation says MSAA is only available with forward shading (forward rendering i suppose). I think it was said on this forums somewhere, that deferred rendering is used in ACC.

This documentation also explains the differences and incompatibalities between forward and deferred:
    https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/Engine/Performance/ForwardRenderer

*edit*
    r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing Engine default (project setting) for AntiAliasingMethod is (postprocess volume/camera/game setting still can override)
    0: off (no anti-aliasing)
    1: FXAA (faster than TemporalAA but much more shimmering for non static cases)
    2: TemporalAA (default)
    3: MSAA (Forward shading only)

source: https://digilander.libero.it/ZioYuri78/

Your r.Temporal... changes and the addition of the r.Tonemapper.Sharpen made the visual difference/improval propably. There are nice discussions about it in the UE4 forums that i linked here:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...ssue-in-the-car-dash.50863/page-3#post-992625

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    mms and f_deutsch like this.
  12. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

Thanks @GingerMcAle . Very good information. We are all testing on the dark and is good to have correct information sources to understand more what is doable.

GingerMcAle likes this.
  13. Stains

Stains Simracer

I had a 6600k paired with my 1080Ti and was getting 100% pegged in pC2 and drops but swapped to 7700k and never see above 50% after (task manager) in VR and ACC shows 60's in task manager at 4k High /Epic Temporal .
    Im concerned for VR though ! I hope Kunos can do it !

14. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

Well I'm using an i5 750 overclocked to 3.9ghz 8gb RAM and a 970gtx, blur and post procés disabled textures high and running around 40 70 fps with 15 cars with more cars i don't get worse frames but sometimes get stuttering or the game is a slideshow bc CPU and RAM maxed.
    Thanks game is very playable and enjoying a lot with my 10 year old cpu, time to make an already planned CPU upgrade and great hopes of 60 cars in spa with further optimizations

15. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

i dont have that folder "AppData" under my username :((
    and: once i would change this file, it stays like that forever? so i need to do a backup of the original first, correct?

16. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

App Data folder is hidden by default.
    Change your view settings in Windows to show hidden files.

Files will be restored when doing an integrity check on steam, sometimes even after installing a patch. So I always backup my changes.

17. boskapongen

boskapongen Gamer

Yes you do, but its hidden. Easiest to get to it is to copy the line above and put it WIN->RUN. Just replace "username" with your own username in windows. C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

th3o likes this.
  18. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

So currently MSAA isn't supported by ACC.

GingerMcAle likes this.
  19. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

Sorry guys, lately ACC received two updates thought Steam...there is a changelog for them?
    I am looking on forum too but I am not able to find any news about them...

20. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

mms likes this.