1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Manuel (I can call you Manuel, right?), but if you dislike AC and also ACC (it’s clear from your posts that you have other preferences) there is nothing in ACC, or from Kunos, that prevent you from having a blast with any other game.
    Each preference to each one and, after all, the personal tastes and preferences are to be accepted rather than discussed or imposed to others.

Continue to enjoy RRE just as before and retry ACC after final release.
    You already bought ACC in EA, so the worst it can happen is instead of having two sims to enjoy in future you’ll continue to have only RRE.

vlado Cro and kofotsjanne like this.
  2. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

@mms could be true, but I also suspect band wagonning and being wrong in large groups. Not saying that there couldn't be anything to improve, but guys sounds like it is bigger issue... well perhaps unlucky with a wheel...

3. This is where you lost me.
    -----------------------------------

FFB on my T300 is good enough, every now and then it does some weird things (looking at you curbs exiting the final turn) and even though I can feel the marbles on the tires when going off line it is all a bit muddy so if it becomes 'cleaner' at some point I would certainly appreciate it. Just throwing that out there before the 'fanboy that thinks everything is perfect' card gets thrown in my face.

As an aside, you guys really need to make a signature with your pc specs, wheel and settings.....hard to take serious somebody saying the ffb is trash when you have no idea what wheel they are using, much less how they have it configured.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    chksix, Rosko and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  4. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

Anyone else notice the ACC trouble shooting forum has 3 O in shooting.
    Are they expecting a lot of trouble ?:rolleyes:

D.Jankovic likes this.
  5. IMHO the FFB have to be helpful. Its the only way to feel the car. The FFB of AC at the edge is just awesome.

@manuel_rendo calm down mate ;)

6. Boller

Boller Gamer

Guys have you tried different USB ports and switching from 2.0 to 3.0 and the other way around and who are using USB hubs plug it in directly.

7. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

I have a great feeling when there is slight unknown if peak slip angle is already passed, or you still can add a bit of it. You expect, but don't know exactly. Thats how it has to be. In AC it is too obvious, too instant, also going over optimum slip angle is a bit too safe. Because of those things it is quite easy to get quite near the limit, true journey begins within something like 2-3s of last seconds. In ACC the journey begins earlier 1'57 already felt like an achievement, it is overall more rewarding, more realistic, should be more entertaining for a simracer. FFB has to be helpful... come on, what else do you need a neon sign "optimum slip reached" for feont and rear ? :D It is helpful, though.

Ace Pumpkin and TheBoss like this.
  8. unknwn

unknwn Alien

It might be too obvious in AC, however it doesn't mean that ACC is not lacking. In fact I have already seen a few RL GT3 race drivers mentioning that ACC FFB lacks feel.

mantasisg likes this.
  9. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

Comparing to actual mechanics, or their preferences ? I would like to see them too :)

10. I think you should try PC2 if you like a uninformative, undetailed FFB. Its for sure very entertaining for a simracer o_O

11. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

I played PC2 demo, I don't recall it being similar. It is quite reducing, as you can feel everything down to tires flexing, transmitting forces from wheel to tire patch. Me and you must be having different FFB. Or we are reading it differently, as for me it is very clear that FFB is not the only way to feel the car.

12. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

A little experiment:

- Other than the Stop sign there's no message or penalty when a player decides to turn around and drive the wrong way. I hope we get penalties (and race director message) for misconduct like that.
    - AI slowed down for the upcoming turn but made no attempt to avoid the collision and drove right into the oncoming car.
    - Heavy collisions still bounce the cars like they're toys and like there's no inertia and deformation.
    - Following AI cars do slow down for the struck cars and wait until the track is free. Thankfully no teleport to retire like AC.
    - There's no player damage yet but somehow the AI car on the receiving end had one rear wheel hanging off (which still received drive however) - but no engine or body damage. The damaged car attempts to drive and ends up driving in circles.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    chksix, Ace Pumpkin and D_Rod like this.
  13. mms

mms Alien

Oh man, just tried the same combo in VR in AC, can we please make Oct. 10th come faster :oops:

14. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

How do you find the support thread? I've just started to experiment with ACC and find the feeling to be completely different from AC. It may be better and I haven't realized it yet, or it might be the wheel, which is something I hadn't considered.

15. mms

mms Alien

It's in the ACC support section of this forum, under ACC Physics, here it is:
    Dampened FFB - to be reopened at 0.2 release

16. petesky

petesky Simracer

Aaaargh whats with the low to epic settings in video options...cant we have video options like AC? For example to turn off depth of field I have to set post processing to low...but the lighting looks crap now.

17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

1. This is not a beta. Its early access.
    2. Dont compare it with RRE but AC(1) instead and you got a more valid point.

18. Belgakinen

Belgakinen Simracer

Just by curiosity, does anyone know if these liveries/teams will come in 1.0 ?

[​IMG]
    Target Racing - Spa 24h 2018

[​IMG]
    Antonelli Motorsport - Spa 24h 2018

[​IMG]
    Barwell Motorsport - Silverstone Sprint and Spa test day 2018

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  19. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

Antonelli/Target probably yes, Barwell not (as the demon tweeks livery doesn't run in the blancpain Series, only British GT)

Belgakinen likes this.
  20. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Barwell's liveries should be part of the game also, they were present at the Blancpain GT Sprint rounds at Silverstone.

[​IMG]

For all we know all teams, drivers, liveries that actually raced will be in the final game. It's the official Blancpain GT game featuring this season after all.

Belgakinen likes this.