1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RS10

RS10 Simracer

I searched with various keywords but couldn't find an answer ...

Will the special events be time limited?

As in: will they only be available for a certain timeframe (day(s), week, month) or will they stay in the game but will be added over time

I mean ... there was some simple hotlap event on the NBR in the first month but that's gone ... will it be the norm or is it just for EA?

Because time limited stuff is the most annoying thing when it comes to online content ... like the illusive targets in Hitman which you could not play when you did not get the game right away or were away at the time it was available ... ugh

2. DuckeyTapey

DuckeyTapey Hardcore Simmer

You can check Minolin's posts in this thread for some info on that: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...h-hotstint-events-on-a-recurring-basis.51859/

mms likes this.
  3. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Yep, it's going to be something fresh each month, at least for the EA phase where we constantly add content. There are many reasons on the pro side, but I see that it would be nice to have a wider selection, or go back to something that was really good (I guess I will miss the current #005 Hotstint a lot). Let's see what the time brings, but we may see a few details that improve the situation.

4. RS10

RS10 Simracer

Hmm ... would be really nice if old events would end up in some "archive" sub menu or sth

Because if i did read correctly the leaderboards are only for the events right now, so if you miss a hotlap event on a certain track you lose the chance to improve the pace rating (?) - or will there be leaderboards for the normal hotlap mode later on?

5. mms

mms Alien

The pace rating represents the best rating you had on any of the leader-boards, if you didn't had the chance to get some times in past events just do it in the current ones and you'll get the rating. If I got it right pace ratings you got in past events will also fade away after a while, so if you got PC99 on the Nürburgring events last month it will degrade slowly.

6. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Nah, that would be bad :D
    PC is always looking at the current Leaderboards, so you always have the chance to get a 100 PC rating by setting a world record.
    When we move to a new "season" of Leaderboards, like at the next release, your PC rating will still consider your best result from the R2 season, but with a penalty for being outdated (~80% for -1 season, ~55% for -2 and so on). The reason is that it should be always engaging to drive, and in no way we can punish somebody for not being around last month. The easiset strategy to maximize PC is to click "Launch".

This will be slightly different for the final CP rating - this is all about success (it will still have some fading though)

mms likes this.
  7. mms

mms Alien

I was wondering how I'm not at PC99 yet, now I know, I need to find that "Launch" button :D:D:D

8. RS10

RS10 Simracer

Clicking launch is the easiest strategy to be made aware of my own mediocrity .....

9. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

So, does anyone know? Does the Bentley not have several ECU mappings or should I make a bug report?

Jebus likes this.
  10. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

They are under research

Cote Dazur, LeDude83, Jebus and 4 others like this.
  11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Thx 4 answering.
    But sadly that answer brings up more questions...
    Research by you, or by FIA... cheating alert! ;):D;)

12. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Thank you for taking the time to answer Aris.

13. ScottDamn

ScottDamn Rookie

Is there any word on if they will be including Intercontinental GT series? Would be amazing to have a proper version of Kyalami for once.

14. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

No, but ACC is the official game to the Blancpain GT series which consists of the Endurance and Sprint Cup. We'll get the 2018 and 2019 saisons.

The Intercontinental GT series or other SRO series don't run under the Blancpain banner. Might be possible there could be DLC's, but from what's announced so far it will be the Blancpain series only.

Freddie Seng and After_Midnight like this.
  15. ^^This.

16. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

We're getting beer too?? Awesome!! :D

[​IMG]

:p

17. Turk

Turk Alien

I think Aris has already said that the plan/hope is to have dlc thats an entire new series. Depending on the series there could be a huge workload in doing that, which means a ling wait. my guess would be a singke car series based in Europe for the first one because there would be some overlap of tracks meaning a quicker release.

But thats a guess, I'm pretty sure there will be dlc though.

Schnipp likes this.
  18. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

let's get 1.0 first then we can wish for other things lol

nate, Aristotelis and LeDude83 like this.
  19. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well, the Blancpain GT Series Sprint Cup changes to Blancpain GT World Challenge Europe, Asia and America for the 2019 season. So far no official comment what that means for ACC.

(Also, SRO lists Sprint/World Challenge, IGTC and Endurance as part of the Blancpain GT Series even though IGTC is obviously separate.)

Deatroy and Schnipp like this.
  20. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

@BrandonW77
    well, Saison in german = season in english :rolleyes: