1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ak1504

Ak1504 Racer

Thx will take a look. I tried V as mentioned in the F2 screen but nothing happened.

2. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

With the V key

You can see more shortcuts by pressing F2 which will cycle through HUD on, HUD off and help screen.

3. It will not work for me :( Also with the option "always on" the driver names will still be always there. No changes by pressing V.

4. Ak1504

Ak1504 Racer

Same for me.

5. Turk

Turk Alien

Got to spend another weekend with the sim this weekend. I play in VR exclusively. I was very excited to try out my new CPU, I kind of expected to spend most the weekend playing AC because I knew I'd be able to run it pretty much maxed, which was true, was even able to set the PPD to 2 so it looked great. But spent nearly all my time in ACC only popping back into AC to compare the lambos at Nurburgring.

I did a tiny amount of tinkering with graphical settings, I wasn't sure what FPS I was getting, in AC I was getting conflicting numbers in the headset and on the monitor but it seems like I was more or less locked to 45fps in ACC no matter what settings I choose, at least that's what it showed on my monitor. Didn't really spend too much time trying to figure it out, 45 was fine for my purposes and I feel like I may have been getting higher FPS just didn't know how to track that in the headset.

I did notice that the game has issues with stuff in the distance getting blocky rather than blending. It's very noticeable at PR with the blue markings at the side of the road. The hazy lighting effects do make it hard to read the cars dash display. It would be great if it could be turned off inside the car, even leaning in doesn't help. Multiplayer was a mixed bag, leaderboards often didn't work, all of it seems like fixable stuff, EA.

The core playablity of the game is incredible though. The FFB is a leap forward from AC, I don't care what anybody says, there's just way more detail in ACC, I feel like I can feel what each tyre is doing. When I went back to AC the cars just feel flat and there's certainly something missing. ACC is way more intense, I could understand the car better, I was able to be way more consistent, it's just better.

Didn't expect to like PR. Love the track, there's some great corners, it's on another level from the one mod I tried.

I tried comparing AC Nurburgring to ACC using the lambo gt3 cars, it's not a direct comparison but after people said the graphics looked ugly I had to double check for myself. ACC was clearly much better looking, it's just not even a contest.

I think I can get this looking pretty good graphically, but any tinkering I did didn't seem to change things all that much, like it worked in epic with a bit of stuttering in certain places. I'm not convinced the stuttering was purely down to hitting the limits of my machine so I'm not fussed about getting graphics perfect at this stage, I think there will be changes. I had no time to really get into it, rig had to be packed away this evening.

It's a super intense experience just lapping the cars. I got sucked into hot lapping, I got sucked into the hotstint events, and could just do lap after lap. I'm doing better on long stint events than outright speed, which I'm very happy with.

Everything is progressing nicely as far as I can see. It really does feel like a big step forward from AC and the next phase in sim racings evolution. So I'm a happy customer.

6. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

If you haven’t done already, try setting visible cars to “all”, worked for me once I had done this....

After_Midnight likes this.
  7. Maybe that is the reason for my problem. But I can't set it to all without getting performance trouble. Thank you anyway :)

8. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Yeah same here, so had to put the names back on :-(

9. Ak1504

Ak1504 Racer

Lol... That can´t be the final solution for the driver names Oo

10. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Ak1504, Gunja and Schnipp like this.
  11. pales.

pales. Racer

Out of interest, will you be doing a blog focusing purely on the AI Characterics and programming that has gone behind it?

For example, how will AI Drivers calculate strategy depending on the circumstances on track, or will it be scripted? will they follow the dynamic line, avoid puddles depending on certain type of weather? How are driver swaps going to be handled with AI, what speed will they be doing when taking over?

So many questions I could go into!

Son likes this.
  12. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Someone correctly mentioned that it's usual for games in development to be targeted for future hardware rather than present.
    I was wondering if that is still a wise strategy seeing that we have hit a silicone bottleneck and processor clock speeds have been effectively stagnant for some years.

An up to date PC cost a fortune nowadays as it is, how old is AC and I think (hope) after my next upgrade which will be my 2nd( since the tech demo (3rd if you count the addition of a second card as an upgrade) I'll be able to max it out.

13. Serge M

Serge M Alien

No you won’t as a high res VR headset will come out as well and you will be straight back to struggle town running on medium.. :)

Winston likes this.
  14. br444m

br444m Rookie

This is exactly my experience. During the weekend, I just entered a MP server, started lapping and couldn't stop. Only with rFactor 2, with the right car/track/conditions combination have I experienced something that came remotely close in the past.

The stunning sound design, breathtaking visuals (try the Lambo race event @Nurburgring during sunset!) and single class perfection makes this soooo immersive! Just imagine we'll have real races in this setting at some point!!

15. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

Has there been any mention when we'll be able to change our controls during a session?

16. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I wonder if Stephane Ratel has phoned the Kunos crew to see how's it going?:)

17. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

If you mean changing FFB and button maps and stuff- It would surprise me to see this. I've always assumed that controller settings need to be set in the software before you enter a game. It's the same with AC. Someone correct me if I'm wrong- but I don't think any PC race sim lets you adjust controller settings from the Esc menu. It would be convenient for those who don't have FFB and Damper on the wheel like Fanatec users. This sim right here really is the one where you might want to adjust settings for a different cars character. Less Damper for the boats and more for the sub-compacts. [the two classes in Blancpain- Piloted by Millennials and Gentlemen respectively]

18. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Actually, there are some titles that allow controller-setting changes from within the game; PC2, Dirt Rally & RR come to mind.

19. Jebus

Jebus Alien

And Automobilista. I don't actually know any other sim/driving game that doesn't allow controller settings from within the game.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  20. AnnieC

AnnieC Gamer

Even in the very first version of Live for Speed(2002) you could adjust any of the settings on the fly. It's just a design decision of the developers. Usually it's harder to implement on the fly configuration change handling so a lot of developers prioritize it quite low when there are many other tasks to be done.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018