1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Anyone else finding this new tyre model abit to soft, it seems to be rolling the tyre to much, even more so on the 488, also it's actually giving more problems on the curbs than the previous version.

2. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

well MB on that one..XD they need to stop naming engines similar way :D
    Unreal :D and still does not matter since it is not RTX so yea still game engine reflections

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    Micii1 likes this.
  3. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

Man, its regular wild west out there; people parking in the apex, going against traffic seemingly *trying* to get their car around, cars cutting across the track for no obvious reasons...

Will servers later on be able to set a minimum rating to be able to join?

4. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Or guys who intentionally slam you while you try to overpass them.
    Last night someone sent me directly in the grass... :mad:

D.Jankovic likes this.
  5. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

What did you expect, magically all SIM driver will start driving like real driver?
    The game is new, the ***-holes are not, same bunch as in other SIM.
    Once MP is stabilized, it might take a while, then @Minolin magic will start, then we can hope for a more civilized MP experience in ACC.
    Meanwhile back at the ranch.....

chksix and Boyracer like this.
  6. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Dont worry rating system will sparate these type of people from us clean racers just be patient. I also had a lot of expirience where trying to pass people they just turn in on you... and they even chased me down and rammed me in brake zones..lol but i just get back on track and continue or disconect find another server

chksix, After_Midnight and LeDude83 like this.
  7. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

No :D

Cote Dazur and D.Jankovic like this.
  8. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

I'd say tyre flex has been tweaked or maybe increased. I have odd behaviour sometimes when riding kerbs too, but I think the issue has improved overall.

The rest is a good simulation of the trash these GT3 pirelli tyres are (pirelli in general), so nothing strange there since version 0.1. You still need to be very careful with your steering and throttle inputs due to the inherent pathetic nature of these horrible low cost cheap hard tyres. Once they get up to working temps, they begin to behave kinda better, but will also surprise you with random sudden spins the moments you expect the less, and not necessarily when riding curbs

9. o_O

Freddie Seng, sissydriver and Rolz like this.
  10. Rolz

Rolz Alien

I'm assuming you have real world track experience with them then? The only time I spin is when I'm pushing too hard... 90% of the time it's on fast changing corners like in Hungaroring... which I could probably fix with some setup tweaks, but still waiting to save that I can't do in VR so a bit pointless now...

sissydriver likes this.
  11. Seelenkrank

Seelenkrank Racer

i hope the "separation" of the rammers etc will not end so that new or unexpirenced racers are in one server then.
    this will be the people get frustrated and end mp mode faster then climbing up the ladders to get cleaner races.
    had this problem in PC2 mp, never can get better when i tryed to do so because of the ****

12. Rolz

Rolz Alien

From the looks of it you can improve your rating by driving offline against AI, so if you want to race online you improve rating and find a suitable server or u jump on a low rating server and try ur luck with the muppets

13. Oberonone

Oberonone Gamer

Hang on though, doesn't that very mechanic give said muppets a way into higher rated servers? Those muppets that want to deliberately ruin peoples fun could, in theory, build up enough rep to get into 'better' servers, and wreak havoc till their rating fell again. Not saying it will happen but, well, we are online...

Could all be a moot point, the curtain is yet to be pulled on 'Competition Rating' So that could be a way to weed out the chaff.

Rolz likes this.
  14. Seelenkrank

Seelenkrank Racer

well i hope the rating is only for mp based races and not for sp (pointless there (?)) (maybe only the safety rating then counts for mp part?)

15. mms

mms Alien

It would probably take way more effort doing clean offline races to ruin their rating in 2 minutes...but yeah, there always might be some motivated wreckers, hopefully their number will be limited if the system will work as intended.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  16. Rolz

Rolz Alien

MR worked wonders to save us from the majority of wreckers... now Minolin is part of the dev crew I can't wait for it to be embedded in the sim :D

Boyracer likes this.
  17. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

Just in real life. I made the mistake of getting myself some Pirelli Zero (street hards), and mount them on a 405 t16.

Lets be honest. It is not that they are bad compounds..., but they are weird. They DO really need to operate under a temp range as opposed to other and way superior tyre manufacturers (Michelin; Goodyear; Hankook etc), which means you have to be careful until then with your driving, even on street tyres.., which is ridiculous if you excuse me. Otherwise you expose yourself to really risky situations where you don't even know how your tyres are going to react next. However, It is funny that I find them good for rain.., I think they are safe tyres for the rain (which is hilarious taking into account how in dire need of good temps these pirelli hards are), but still, I'm already wanting them to wear out quick so I can return to better and more safe tyres from other manufacturers. (be advised this is personal opinion about the hard compounds only. I haven't tried Pirelli's perfromance Corsa Mediums and the tropheo softs).

And yes. This does not serve as a fair comparison for these pirelli GT3 slicks by any means. But as I'm sure you have already heard too, as It is something like general wisdom at this point after so many years, pirelli slicks ain't precisely the favourites among pilots in many disciplines. I do agree that in GT3 is kind of an achievement the fact that with a semi-hard tyre you are able to..., somewhat drive those cars (but without trusting the behaviour of your car at all. You see those GT3 drivers struggling at all time on cold tarmac) even on cold tarmac (cars still are dangerous and you can't force to the limit because of these tyres), but the opinion of many are threre. These championship arrangers use Pirelli only because they are the cheapest, but of course at the same time, the worst.

Mind you, they may perform worse than almost any other manufacturer, but hell yes they do look good.., right?

And I find this kind of sad if you ask me, because GT3 would be way more intense and fun if drivers could really trust them tyres and force the limits most of the times, like you see in GTE cars. But they can't.

18. surephiel

surephiel Rookie

But if they were to do that, it would just drive a bigger pace difference between the full factory Pro drivers and the average Bronze drivers that are actually funding the a lot of the teams and making the whole series possible. The whole point of the GT3 category is that it can cater to all skill levels. Let GT3 be GT3 and GTE be GTE.

Rolz likes this.
  19. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

20. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

Let's see if things go back to normal with GT2 in 2020. GT3 is kind of weird regardless its private team nature + low costs involved, which is that gives this category sense of course. I also understand the bop thing in order to keep things civil between different cars..., but you can not take either Ferrari 488 or soon the McLaren720, which btw is a hypercar hence way superior to the 488, and butcher both to a level that the other cars feel comfortable against them. What's the point of those two cars in this category then?

With GT2 and hypercars prepared for literally flying around the track, we should expect really good action on decent tyre manufacturers that are up to the monsters that are coming to the series. We won't be able to see good action if those beasts are also mounted on trash tyres.

Let's hope GT2 becomes the absolute reigning category amongst GT, costs included. Old GT2 was glorious (Saleen s7; Vipers etc), and this new one should be even better with Bugattis and the like.