1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

2. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

another update right now. That's two today

3. Crunch

Crunch Racer

It just pushed out another 042 for me. Maybe the first one wasnt right.

4. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Q1 for v1.0 road map. But there's always things that don't came as planned. So keep it cool.

5. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

sirgaric and TheBoss like this.
  6. Rolz

Rolz Alien

this afternoon I decided to do a few races to improve my RC (RaceCraft) and noticed that doing the formation lap is incredibly frustrating on the throttle... there is no way to guess when the system will kill ur throttle or give it back... put plainly the automated system sucks :p
    for offline racing I'm not sure why we need to do a full lap of this at such a reduced pace... takes over 3min to do that lap at Paul Ricard... why not just start 1/2 or 1/4 way into the lap?

Strange that offline it's like this and then for MP it's total opposite... lol

anthony galmiche likes this.
  7. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

@Rolz : it's a setting, in "Realism" options, you should put "first corner" instead of "full lap".

Minolin, mms, Schnipp and 1 other person like this.
  8. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Legend!! Thank you!! :D

mikendrix likes this.
  9. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I chime in because I just bought ACC yesterday and I so much need to spam the forum with my opinions..

Ok, in short: ACC feels like the guys at Kunos one day said "ok, let's do the total opposite of what we did with AC!". AC was born with little or no features, ACC is riddled with all sorts of rankings, voices telling you stuff, super clever apps and menus, flashy graphics. It's very ambitious and the attention to detail is stunning.

Still, ACC caters to a much narrower audience than AC: it's for the hardcore racing guys and only for GT3. This leaves me with the doubt of who will buy this game once finished. Yes, there's the F1 series and it sells a lot. But GT3 is not as popular as F1. At the same time if you are interested in simracing as an e-sport it's more likely that you do iRacing than anything else. Hmm.

Still, it is addictive already. After fiddling a bit with steering and pedals settings it already feels very good. Good luck!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    Ace Pumpkin and sissydriver like this.
  10. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

F U C K I N G A W E S O M E

Finally today, after many sessions where "...yes, acc drives very good, but maybe this and that…" i've been catched, completely catched by ACC.
    I've tried the Bentley on Hungaroring, and by far this is may favourite combo until now.

The fact is that on this sim every car is so different, so challenging, so fun to drive that if they match the right track, the combo become awesome, and this is the case of the Bent @ Hung.
    With the default setup with some little adjustment here and there, this car go into the turns like a beast, without any understeer, any curbs problems and to keep the right "flow" in this track become a new experience. And here arrive the real challenge: exit from the turns. From EVERY turn. Due to the strange TC (TC=2 is useless), going smooth from turn to turn is delegated only to your right foot, and the temptation to press the trottle a little bit earlier than the prevoius just to gain 1/10 lap is huge (but not advisable… at all !!!).

I believe that no maybe no other track will match this car in this way, this combo for me mean pure joy to drive.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    Son, Cote Dazur, sissydriver and 3 others like this.
  11. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

I bought ACC 17€ on Gameladen.
    iRacing is way more expensive

mr Switchblade likes this.
  12. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

You're right, I was a little bit too harsh in my judgment. The more I play ACC the more I like it, last night I spent like 5 hours driving! I almost don't want to go back to AC :D The only problem is I need to buy a new PC, because at the moment I need to set all graphics to the very minimum in order to play at a decent framerate. Still, my 2011 (!) CPU can handle it.

sissydriver likes this.
  13. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Wow, just had some quick driving / racing and enjoyed it very much (first time with ACC 0.4)!

Sound is still pretty much the best ingame sound I´ve ever heard. It´s just so immersive, stunning job there!

Feel was good, too. Done a race with low AI (93%), need to set it a little higher, but I justed wanted a quick race. Sadly I ran out of fuel in the final lap and came to a stop like 300m before the checkered flag.

Looking forward to the things to come, but I like it now.

Ace Pumpkin, LeiF and sissydriver like this.
  14. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

As a spectator sport F1 is indeed far more popular than GT3 but when you look at sims that have both F1 and GT3 it seems GT3 comes out easily on top - simracers prefer GT3.

In the "good old days", a GT only game like GTR2 sold very well. Given the popularity of GT3 I was confident there would be a good market for ACC - not as big as AC but with a fraction of ACs cars you probably don't need to sell so many.

However, with ACC player numbers being around 10% of ACs players, it does make me wonder if you are right. GTR2 had no direct competition but today the GT3 market is crowded. Now ACC is of course early access and has an incomplete car and track set but we do have four cars and four tracks, AI and multiplayer races, and the novelty factor of a new title with new features. So the low active player base indicated by sources such as steamcharts must be a little concerning. I'm sure with full release (Spa alone will probably double the number of users) things will only get better but it seems it might be more of an uphill struggle to get AC fans to switch to ACC than I imagined. Will ACC prove that the old Kunos mantra was right? Everyone wants to race in the rain at night - but only once.

Turbo_Dad and Freddie Seng like this.
  15. mESCx

mESCx Simracer

One important thing that makes huge difference is modding (which gtr2 had by the way).
    In AC we have great big community not only because variety of content that was included in game, but also because of tons of modded stuff (for example, we still have many leagues and thousands of players who use AC only for drifting, and only on modded tracks and cars).

Add content situation to current unplayable state of online, tons of crashes (which original AC almost didn't have), performance issues, generally early state of the game with lot of missing features and small bugs, and that's it, only 10% of community left.

Boyracer likes this.
  16. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

Myself, just waiting for the release of ACC to do some league racing and quick online races.
    Untill then, just patiently waiting for the devs to complete their job on the game, didn't start it since the third release, waiting for something more interesting, like SPA.
    Altought 488 is my fav gt3 car in AC, didn't even tried it yet in ACC... =)) That's how lazy I become, omg...:D

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  17. I think the Unreal engine and its shortcomings are the reason why even many of us Kunos fanboys don't touch game.

Psit and esox71 like this.
  18. Shame on you :cool: The car is f..king awesome :D

Merry Christmas ;)

Diablo_rf likes this.
  19. I think Kunos are smart guys because of this UE choice.FFrom my point of view they targeted this poins from the beginning of developing:
    1) flexibility to add their own physical engine
    2)crossplatform capability with next generation of concoles (pcars2 sold better on ps4 for example and 3rd just announced)
    3)networking (1 word-pubg)
    4)pricing
    5)solid graphics
    Well i cant see much graphic engines around better than UE in this case. This is official Blancpain game so i think Kunos cant offer exchange graphic part to something else.
    And because its not pc exclusive support for exotic rigs are not in their short to do list. All imho.

Merry Christmas

20. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

ACC is better than AC, in pretty much every aspect, even though it has NOT been released as a finished product yet, and at this point in development, IMO.
    Pretty much all of my racing is ACC.

Will really shine when "better" tracks are released.

Also, I think everybody realizes that the GT3 series, is just the beginning for this version.

I do enjoy racing in the rain, adds another dimension, to alternate back and forth from dry, it does separate the men from the boys. :D

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018