1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. @mr Switchblade Don't forget that we are talking about a racing series which is totally unkown for pretty much everyone else other than for us simracers. Therefore if you release a title (I know Early Access doesn't mean finished) which doesn't work well with either VR or triples you can be sure that those people who are quite serious about their hobby and like to spread the word doesn't have too many reasons to do the marketing for Kunos. If you prioritize multi-platform support over the so-called "master race" you might find that there's probably a smaller active audience than you think for series like Blancpain. Other studios can still get the same cars so Kunos only have the rights for the series. Even the rest of the game would be absolutely flawless, things like horrendous VR experience can make the whole game useless.

Of course I'm totally clueless about the facts :)p) but just writing down my feelings about the situation.

At the moment I'm much happier watching Kunos's own graphics engine combined with the shader mod and proper PP profiles. Getting fluid frame rates, visual tyre flex, proper 3d mirrors, good visuals overall, day & night and basic rain. For my hardware UE4 does not offer anything, modded Kunos engine cannot do. A lot less actually.

I would be much less negative about the engine if I've seen a single word from Kunos about these fundamental shortcomings. But fixing time consuming issues needs sales and sales needs marketing/hype. That's the trouble.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
    GRFOCO, mr Switchblade and Rolz like this.
  2. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

I love ACC, it feels more hardcore and it is a delight in features and sounds ... but I will not be able to use it, the system requirements are very high and it is unplayable in VR. I wish it worked like AC, I would not stop playing it.

I hope you were not mistaken in choosing this graphic engine.

Merry Christmas to all!

3. ajh_1990

ajh_1990 Rookie

Having bought the game two weeks ago and played AC on PC and GT Sport on PS4 since, ACC is the way to go for me. Even in this early access state it just feels so much better than everything else I've played (not played iRacing and rFactor/2 were on proper setups in a venue), so I'll be putting more hours in. Managed 40 hours over the past two weeks and have found that the BMW M6 is my favourite car and Hungaroring and Paul Ricard are now easy to drive. Working on Misano and Nurburgring!

The current state of the game means that not everything is working 100%, but early access means that'll happen; we're here to help them develop it. I've been to the Spa 24H and several Blancpain races, so I'm hoping that the full version will allow for proper sized grids with organised driver changes for longer races. Can any of the developers give me a hint that this is happening please? ;)

Can't wait for the full release and to find some series/leagues to race in and maybe a team to join. Going to have many happy hours on ACC!

Thank you and Merry Christmas to the developers and everyone!

4. I think VR gameplay will be fixed. Its a must not only on master race platform :) I am not so sure about triples. As i know ue doesn't work with this configuration. I dont think Kunos can do much in this case. They can feed triple users with promises, but i dunno if it make triple monitors users happy :)

I am also not sure they can do mirrors musch better. Mirrors is a lost ancient technology in modern games, you know :)

I am just trying to say for some reasons, Kunos cant use theirs graphical engine. And they cant run new title with outdated graphics. And thanks god we dont have cryengine in acc now :)

And about targeted auditory: we still can't see singleplayer campaign in acc. Actually, all they need to do is add mode for beginners in campaign to get more players.
    Well you can take a look at me. I am casual racer. I came from pcars2 to ac and now in acc. I cant say ac is harder than pcars2. Its just different. And i like it.
    My rig is actually my working/playing pc. My Eizo monitors are suited for my job. And well i have steering wheel and pedals.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  5. Rolz

Rolz Alien

For me VR needs the mouse returned and the hud sorted that I can drag and drop apps where I want over a larger area than the puny little screen area they have now

6. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

In VR we can see the HUD of the car, like the driver do, even multi screen except in the M6. I understand the need for extra HUD in pancake mode because they hardly can see anything of the cockpit. They might even want to add extra screen on a tablet. But in VR it is not only not needed to run the game HUD, it is going against a great advantage of VR which is better immersion by feeling you are really in the car like real driver are.

Carla likes this.
  7. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, this game is gona be amazing when it will launch, can't wait to do a proper season with setup reserch etc.
    I think in this game the car setup will have an extra hand, so we'll have to understand and learn how to adjust the car for the specific car and weather situations...
    Without a good car setup I doub't you'll be able to get a podium in a competetive race.

Son and exited22 like this.
  8. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

defaults are good enough already. All you gotta do is downforce one click down; tyre pressures also a couple down each, and of course ride height as low as possible on the rear, as usual.

The trick might be in the bumper section, but if you don't touch springs then you shouldn't worry about damping either.

Also, remember that a car setup (anyone in the roster) is different for every track already by default, meaning this that your car of choosing already is configured optimally for the current circuit, and that personal adjustments should be tiny and few, even on safe presets.

Diablo_rf and Son like this.
  9. Def

Def Gamer

Just posting to share my love for this game. Yesterday I was back on the PC and could not go to sleep before 4 in the morning... with wake up alarm at 7 :D

Can’t wait to see where Kunos takes us.
    Also, hi @Diablo_rf I remember you from AOR forums.

10. Diablo_rf

Hello Def, nice to see you too!
    I'm sure Kunos will take us to the best GT3 racing experience.

When I start this game I can't stop playing it untill I have 4-5 straight hours of hotlapping :D It's very addictive. And with every lap you want to go faster and faster, because you feel you can do it better, and every time you improve your time, you still think you can improve much more...:)

Def, exited22, Schnipp and 1 other person like this.
  11. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

Just got a 110MB update, anyone knows what that is?

12. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

I've not received any update for my game as of yet

13. Adastros

Adastros Racer

I have a Question about the sound of cars, others will be added or the sound of existing cars are over?

14. Rolz

Rolz Alien

What do u mean?

D.Jankovic, Son and After_Midnight like this.
  15. Diablo_rf

I think he means if the car sounds are final or is subject to change...

Knowing that the game is in alpha stage right now, I suppose that many improvements will be done in every aspect of the game, as well as sounds.

16. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Car sounds issues should be way down the list as far as I’m concerned... hence my confusion.

17. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Edit: I should refresh the page every now and then. :rolleyes: /Edit

Not sure I understand you correctly, but every car in the game will get it's own sound developed.

18. Adastros

Adastros Racer

that's what i wanted to say thanks ( and sorry for my bad english )

Diablo_rf and After_Midnight like this.
  19. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

So, no new year's announcement by Marco this year?

20. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Well, what for?
    We know the development line quite clearly.