1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jure83

jure83 Rookie

As I said I think bigger concern is retards on server. I'm just getting frustrated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

As you've been told, next time wait until its released for the general public, much less wasted bandwidth then.

3. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Really? Genuinely surprised at that. I think the interface is pretty clean and nicely laid out. Some of the settings screens could do with a polish perhaps, but on the whole I think it';s one of the better UIs out there - what don't you like about it?

4. OrganDonor

OrganDonor Racer

Dunno. It just feels far too simplistic for me - just boxes with pictures. No shadows, no focus effects, loses default selection whenever you change screens, fonts in some screens aren't padded sufficiently. Not sure, maybe it's just me. I build web applications, which is maybe I'm paying more attention to it than other people. Overall I'd like it to feel more "3D". As it stands it's something I could make in Paint without much effort.

5. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

I think 3D menus are not the best way to go. I know them from Forza 7 and they are a nightmare performancewise.
    For me, more important is a fast accessibility. And for what I've heard, for some people even the current state of the menus is too "fancy" for them.

6. Rolz

Rolz Alien

lets focus on all the rest before we worry about menu ui... my 2c

7. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

11:p
    Eleven:D

8. GT Me

GT Me Gamer

PC sims traditionally have bland, substandard and horrible looking menus compared to other genres.

Compared to other PC sims, ACCs menus are very nice. But not quite as good as games like Project Cars 2.

The developers of PC sims generally tend to force you to use a mouse in order to navigate their menus and they make their menu systems an afterthought to an extreme level of afterthought.

I remember 10 years back GTR Evolution had a menu system so poorly designed and depressing to look at, and yet it was one of the best menus compared to other PC sims. However, it was 10 years out of date compared to other genres of games such as first person shooters or FIFA.

In Assetto Corsa, there was such a large disconnect between the interface system and the gameplay that you couldn't even pause the game with the pause button on your wheel.

If you had an emergency to attend to whilst playing and you needed to instantly pause the game mid race, you would have to take your hand away from the wheel and reach for the mouse. By that time, your car has advanced further along the track than desired.

Although I want PC driving sim developers to make the driving physics the number one priority, I wouldn't want the design of their user interface to be too much of an afterthought.

OrganDonor likes this.
  9. Hotdog

Hotdog Simracer

Great finish to the Bathurst 12 hour today. I suppose ACC would need licencing from Liquid Moly to put the great race track in ACC.

The Bathurst race represents the opening round of the 2019 Intercontinental GT Challenge campaign, which will also take in the Total 24 Hours of Spa as part of its five-round schedule.

The competition is set to be fierce, with the world’s leading GT manufacturers calling on their top driving talent to contest the championship. With multiple Blancpain GT Series champions and Total 24 Hours of Spa winners among the field, the standard promises to be extremely high.

10. Hotdog

Hotdog Simracer

double post

11. @GT Me
    Menus from concoles are mostly terrible too. Take a look at latest f1 game or Forza Horizon. Maybe those menus works fine on xbox/ps4 but on pc i feel i am loosing 5-10 mins every time i need to pass through em.

Raklödder likes this.
  12. TRIAS

TRIAS Racer

Guys can someone help, pls? Yesterday I played ACC and all was fine (VR Oculus). This morning went to Single player and keyboard doesn't work. Center View (Lft CTRL + Space) doesn't center the view, F2 doesn't work either,
    even when I want to leave the race (pressing ESC) nothing happens. Essentially, looks like ACC doesn't see keyboard at all. If I enter game in regular screen mode all is fine.
    Trying to cure the problem I was going through different menus (such non-intuitive mess, I don't even want to go there) that now my G25 settings are all reset. What a wonderfull way to spend Sunday....

13. TRIAS

TRIAS Racer

No idea but somehow after PC restart it went away.

14. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

These F1 (2016, 2017, 2018) menus are the worst ever!

mr Switchblade likes this.
  15. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I am not sure why the hate for the UI.
    I play using a playseat, VR and wheel etc, and its a pain trying to use a mouse and keyboard for me.
    With the UI the way it is I have buttons on my wheel for left/right/up/down/forward/backwards and my paddles for accept or cancel and it is easy to see and navigates and works great.
    I don't really care what it looks like as I only use this as a way of getting into a race. Its the game play that counts to me.

To use my keyboard I have to move it over onto t chair as I do my mouse, which is a pain. I also have to remove my VR headset so I can see what I am doing.
    The way it is now, I can fire up the game and leave the headset on and remain seated until I want to come back out again.

Ok Pcars 2 may look better, but as I said, its only used to get into a game, so who cares about the wrapping, its whats inside that counts.

ShredatorFIN, Turk and exited22 like this.
  16. Yup once I got used to it, I find ACC's UI to work very well with my wheel/VR setup, no more constant taking off VR and awkwardly leaning forward over my wheel to reach the mouse.

The worst thing for me right now is despite ingame being smooth, the main menu stutters a lot in VR which is a little nauseating, pretty minor though, gameplay is the important part.

17. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

Can someboby please give me an information what these codes are about?:
    ACC Licensed
    D1 D2 D3 JP RP 3P
    P1 P2 P3 FP RTR

Thx in advance!

trutya likes this.
  18. Rolz

Rolz Alien

What AC/ACC DLC's you have... obviously none yet for ACC

dek, trutya and Axel Vogelsang like this.
  19. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

ACC Licensed -- owns ACC
    D1 D2 D3 JP RP 3P P1 P2 P3 FP RTR -- owns AC1 DLC

dek, trutya, th3o and 1 other person like this.
  20. trutya

trutya Simracer

aaaaah so it's for AC.
    i thought it's regarding to ACC.