1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arpadian

Arpadian Racer

yeah, is down, ppl already reported it on r/steam

chksix likes this.
  2. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

Yea sure, tell me more about how well you feel the front wheels understeering. <rolleyes>

3. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Do not feed ^^

tjr, jaxx_za, stefanoCasillo and 6 others like this.
  4. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

I'm having a negative opinion, therefore I must be a troll.

Internet echo chambers 101.

Just imagine if one of the most respected member in the simracing community would say one of the core features of ACC is completely broken, oh wait, he did:

11:40: "The force feedback in this (ACC) is essentially useless ... mid corner there is literally no information [...] without front wheels feedback, you have to drive with the visuals"

And that's with a direct drive wheel, with a "cheap" G29 is possibly much worse, still if someone tries to raise the problem in the forums then that person is a troll.

But keep teeling the devs everything is fine, so the game never improves.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  5. Timberwind

Timberwind Racer

And when Kunos decides to ban him, there will be 2 other people screaming censorship. Maybe that is good deal though. But what he does is not criticism with arguments, but pure, hostile toxicity. I answered a bit more detailed on another post of him and there was no reaction back.

jaxx_za, Oblit0r and LeDude83 like this.
  6. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

I'm not reacting => hostility
    People asking not to react to me => not hostility?

Nice double standards bro.

I'm not argumenting? Ha! I'm still waiting someone to argument regarding the lack of frontend ffb feeling, instead of jumping personally onto me. As usual people accusing others of the same they are doing themselves.

Bah, why I'm even wasting my time here, 6 months later same broken game, same overdefensive complacent community. Enjoy your echo chamber, I will be back for 1.0, maybe by then the game is fixed (but sadly I doubt it).

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  7. What if you sometime read your own posts and think why the community don't answer to you? Or if someone answer he does it in a sarcastic way. I'm pretty sure you're wise enough to see that if you try. :)

Whitestar and LeDude83 like this.
  8. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton Simracer

Defiantly something fishy going on here i have a OLD Microsoft ffb wheel and i can detect when the front losses its grip its ever so subtle but i can feel the wheel go slightly loose, If i just back off and slow down the wheel comes back to a stiffer feeling.

LATE4APEX likes this.
  9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Let me just say my compliments regarding 0.6: the performance is better now and the additional GFX settings allow further FPS gains - well done. I play MP, exclusively and I'm almost always getting my target 73 FPS in pretty much any scenario.

Game crashes seem to be a thing of the past, mostly.

The appearance of the track seemingly was improved, also. Wet and drying tracks look fantastic and IMO the dry daytime visuals look way better.

Sound remains top notch as well as physics and FFB.

The game has been changed IMO and now I'm starting to really, properly enjoy it.

Ace Pumpkin, Dookie, Schnipp and 4 others like this.
  10. MathMilitary

MathMilitary Gamer

excellent at all levels, really a nice job @Kunos team. I have rarely, in fact ever had so much fun against an AI, I look forward to the rating and damage in MP. I can not wait for more.

LeDude83 and sissydriver like this.
  11. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Problem with you is that you don't 'raise the issue', you go into threads crying how bad the FFB supposedly is. You join threads merely to troll and whine about how horrible the FFB is and how the community doesn't listen: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...p-with-ffb-with-csl-elite.55531/#post-1031617

Here, read this, you might've missed it since you weren't here:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/acc-ffb.50905/page-46#post-1027985

Timberwind and LeDude83 like this.
  12. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

TL;DR: "We are not putting feedback in your force feedback device, if you want to feel g-forces buy a motion platform you peasant."

stefanoCasillo likes this.
  13. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

"Will we provide effects that some people ask just because they are more fun or give an easier to understand feedback even if we know they are not realistic? No."

A-Jin likes this.
  14. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

Also I don't buy you cannot feel if the wheels are understeering (sliding) or not, in any car, no matter if RWD, 750hp, or low suspension. This goes against any common sense.

In my opinion Kunos is just using the "bUt iTs iS LiKe tHiS IrL" narrative to hide that their implementation is bad, and simulating all forces on the wheel from real data, even being a good idea, it is clearly not working.

15. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

"Some extra information that might help you in your quest. These tyres have a peak slip of only 4 to 5 degrees. The cars are very aero sensitive. Drive to the limit and when you're on it, play with the steering wheel to around 3-4 degrees... that's where the feedback is, that's where you will get information if the tyres are sliding or not, that's where the car will react too. Slight vibrations, slight force changes, slight line changes... that's your feedback you should focus on.
    If you're moving the wheel left and right way past the limit searching for a big drop in FFB force, then I'm sorry, this will never happen, the car will feel dull and you'll think you're sliding around."

Just read the entire post so I can stop copy-pasting please, thanks in advance :)

16. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Well, it's how they decided the FFB is going to be and that's that.

You think that you can make them throw that all out of the window by just keeping on complaining?

I hadn't played ACC since 0.4, so at least 2 months, until 2 days ago. Got into the Nissan at Monza and could tell quite well in my 1st lap at Lesmo 1 when the car understeering. That's even with a old, by today's standards rather crappy, G25.

LATE4APEX, Son and chksix like this.
  17. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Ok you're pushing it.
    We have make several posts explaining exactly what it is happening, and what our choices are. There are thousands of people extremely happy with FFB even on low end wheels.
    If you don't like it fine, maybe you'll be happier with a different sim, your choice.

But spamming the forum everywhere seeking for attention is not ok here. You can go on other forums to do that if you like and if they let you.
    Last warning.

mikendrix, ctnich, sid1965 and 15 others like this.
  18. T500RS and I have some feeling of the understeer....
    You can feel brown before feeling the understeer on your butt with car with way less tech....

19. Marceline

Marceline Gamer

Well i have a g27 and i can feel the front wheels and pretty much everything.
    It's sad that people get their opinions from a mentally challenged youtuber.

mikendrix, LATE4APEX and LeDude83 like this.
  20. pablito

pablito Rookie

We can say few bad things about EA for sure like crap mirrors or really bad CPU optimisation...but for sure FFB and sound are great in ACC right now like there are. Im on T300RS with Ferrari Alcantara edition rim and it feel great. Some curbs feels little dead but overall its amazing.
    I can feel weight of the car, what wheels doing...everything.

Annotation 2019-03-16 110133.png

Capture.PNG