1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

Is a very good idea. Heikki has long experience in simracing and judgement. And even is always iracing very interested in ACC i thougt.

Juan Jesús likes this.
  2. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

Honestly i race ONLY in the 50SA server.... I had a couple races on driveitalia Monza server and by lap 2 i lost 8 SA rating points without a single collision that was my fault.... So for me personally is either 50SA server or nothing. To be honest i'm a bit sick of Zolder but always better than ending in a wreckfest and be punished for it.

80% of the races in the 50sa server were clean and the others had a couple overeager or idiot sneaking in, making a mess and the disconnecting. (do they get SA penalty if they shamefully pull the plug? i can fear this starting to became a thing >_> ). That said please make other sa rated servers to have some variety

3. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

Well it's pretty obvious that a simple lobby system won't do. This is 2019 not early 2000's.

4. DrSmile

DrSmile Racer

I played the game the last days quite often and my feedback for SA Rating:
    50SA is quite a good level. I was driving on the official Kunos Server and on some "Public" Ones which hadnt any SA or Star Rating.

But it can be a pain in the *** if you on the edge of 50SA and when you want to drive on a server which has this requirement but you drove on a server which doesnt - so you will get crashed on servers which doesnt have any rating system requirements and you SA drops freefall to 40. So you have to play and try hard to reach that SA50 again which can take some hours.

Resume:
    Could it be possible to totally turn off any personal Ratings when playing on a server which doesnt have any Rating requirements?
    Could it be possible, that the Ratingsystem is switched to "OFF" as soon as you reach the finish line? (I think i lost 5 SA Points after a race cause i crashed into someone with about 250kmh cause for fun and interest in DMG "Physics" :) )

I only played online so i dont know if i could raised my Ratings (way)faster by playing a single 10lap Offline Race.

I also think that the SA+Star Rating requirements is a very good thing but only if you avoid "Crashservers" by all costs.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    Karsten Beoulve likes this.
  5. warp9engage

warp9engage Racer

Early access has been awesome. I'm really looking forward to the end of May.

Just one question: after we create our team in career mode, will we be able to race with that team in the single-race modes? Or is the ability to use your own team restricted to career due to licensing?

6. houssen

houssen Racer

any new update this week? 0.8

7. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

U kiddin, right? 0.7 was released 2 weeks ago lol

Minolin likes this.
  8. manuel_rendo

manuel_rendo Racer

I do not see unreasonable to expect a release 0.8. soon as many items/contents are still missing.(cars already in Ai such as mercedes,audi)tracks (brands hatch wip)multiplayer fine tuning, vr optimizations..the list can be very long and still many featurrs left for final release...so considering that more than 40 days left for 1.0 it is perfectly plausible
    To introduce improvements in a "0.8" and even 0.9 releases before 29 may 2019.

9. and why not also a 0.99 build

10. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

SA is working well

11. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

and CP ? However RC is behaving strange it never changes during online Races for me

and also Driver Category is bugged

12. jpeixe

jpeixe Gamer

Yeah, it will be nice to have the Mercedes...

13. houssen

houssen Racer

and the audi r8

LeDude83 likes this.
  14. I'll say this... I for one do NOT request/require additional content before 5/29. We have 6 of 10 tracks and 6 very different cars to enjoy.

One question though: are the other cars (Porsche, AMG, audi) "complete" and we just need to wait until 1.0? Are the cockpits and sounds that we can see/hear using replay/ride-along as we'll experience them when driving?

15. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

disregard

16. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

SA50 is ok, but higher than that maybe not. I have SA56 and you can have around 1-2 contact per 20mins race I feel. That is not enough to drive on unrated servers unless you start at back of the grid. Even for SA50 server I think it deters close racing too much because even small inconsequential nudges are taken to be collisions.

Also a lot of my collisions seem to come from people ramming into the back during the grid lineup before green light, even though I drive away straight away. Manual/auto start thing?

17. Si.

Si. Simracer

The rolling start seems borked, I seem to hit the limiter and therefore can only drive slowly while others seem to drive away. Doesn’t seem to make much difference whether I change into 2nd or stay in 1st, am I doing something wrong?

18. Rolz

Rolz Alien

SA50 is pretty easy to get with a few 15min AI races... though also easy to lose too...
    Was in the high 70's and got wiped out by an over eager AI in the evil chicane at Zolder... from about 8th place I was pinballed to last by probably every other AI behind me at least 10 of the 14 cars I swear... lol
    Dropped to low 60's after that... thankfully again took 2-3 good clean 15min AI races to get me back to the 70's

19. Rolz

Rolz Alien

I found u have to really just feather 1st and then stomp it to get the start right... still others can get the jump because their timing of the revlimiter coming off and going up again coincides with the light going green

Lawndart likes this.
  20. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Easy solution is to avoid unrated servers, I really don't see whats so attractive about people wanting to join a busy server full of people that most likely cant race or even stay on track.

Wouldnt you much rather join one full of people the ratings identifed as better to race with. :rolleyes: