1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

2 of these things are not match-making but match-picking, is not that difficult to understand guys. Words have meanings.

Etherival likes this.
  2. Etherival

Etherival Gamer

Why it is weak? Match making is about making matches. If you are not going to make matches don't use matchmaking word. Simple. And it is not done here so please stop being their army.

And yup. mkotechno is right. Don't confuse terms. Use them as they are. I suppose I made it clear for some people as they don't answer anymore. So I hope this is the way. Explaining it clear and obviously I say everybody now: don't insult just for hate. Expose things clear and suggest things, and yes for sure defend your rights. No hate just argue.

3. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Thanks. Now I know exactly what your looking for.
    It only happens that all the examples I 'd put above are matchmaking examples, although would match players in different ways.
    So, you see the reason of my question, because saying ACC don't have matchmaking can be very different then having different forms of matching players.
    Instead of putting the horses in front of the the cart, perhaps it's not bad consider to wait a little more, now close to little more than two weeks, and see what options ACC multiplayer will have for matching purposes and if those options serve any purpose and work good enough to find the preferred online races to take part of.

4. kuccu

kuccu Gamer

Or maybe its just wiser people letting it go and wont bother bashing the same wall again and again.....

5. Having the same conversation in multiple threads is so fun tiring.

6. Etherival

Etherival Gamer

I didn't say any of those you told because your options are pointless. You say all time servers and don't specify if they are dedicate and official ones. Trying to argue with that Kunos defense army is pointless, you won't say anything else than they are the best, a word will be what I want and you all want something impossible to achieve by Kunos. Let's see if it's finally this an iRacing killer as it was being said when it was officially announced because of the use of "matchmaking" word. I think it won't because the real multiplayer "Competizione" will be there, on iRacing (as I said it will be better even on GT Sport with its problems). I just want you to understand this. This online relies on community tournaments, not on the "Competizione" they sold us on Early Access. But yeah I will move and let you stay here because I think it's impossible to argue with you.

7. Neither Websters nor Oxford uses the words 'iracing killer' anywhere in their definition of the word Matchmaking.

Jebus and martcerv like this.
  8. MrGit@Twitch

MrGit@Twitch Hardcore Simmer

C-c-c-combo breaker!

Can I possibly ask everyone's help maybe?

Straw poll time, number crunching for some forthcoming stuff and need to gauge numbers. If you could just select your preference I'd really appreciate it.

*hope this is ok mods, understand if you nuke it tho*

https://forms.gle/ZDCCwtMf9qEr8WFF6

chksix likes this.
  9. Si.

Si. Simracer

So setting of the advanced filters to what you prefer and eventually the use of RC, SA plus the Clean and Competition rating of the server plus your own rating which causes the servers to be ranked, this is not matchmaking? All you then have to do is click on a server and connect? That satisfies me for the use of the term matchmaking at least.

What does it need to be matchmaking? If it pushed you straight into a server, is that then matchmaking?

I understand that many people would prefer scheduled events as GTS or iRacing (I would too) but that’s clearly beyond the term matchmaking and a bit of an assumption. Some are also hanging onto the Competition context but that is well covered in a number of ways from single player championship, to leaderboards to Special/SRO events.

Nothing I’ve seen in the marketing versus what is going to be delivered in 1.0 to me constitutes the terms liars, scammers and worse that I’ve seen used here and the general hysteria in this thread. I think it’s disrespectful to Kunos considering how they developed and supported AC and I think they deserve more goodwill and patience than is being shown here.

10. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

No. Filtering a server list with whatever values and manually picking a server is not matchmaking. In the videogame world that's called "server browsing" for the last 20 years.

Still objectively not matchmaking, independent of your satisfaction.

Yes, you are getting it, congrats.

11. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Is there a way to see the poll result so far?

12. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

can’t wait to play career mode. I wonder if that will cover the basics of setup to

@MrGit@Twitch i am interested in a league but others have used discord to setup same so can I ask you do too? Thank you.

13. MrGit@Twitch

MrGit@Twitch Hardcore Simmer

Yes, but for the sake of cluttering up the thread with posts, pm me instead.

14. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

I’m only trying to bring this thread back on track... sorry

15. Si.

Si. Simracer

Always helps an argument to be condescending, congrats, damn it .....

Coanda likes this.
  16. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

PCDC Motorsports already have a league sign up and community events running every Saturday :) Official full 10 race calendar will start the week after release (8th June).

Join the Discord to see the Rulebook and Sign up form: https://discordapp.com/invite/5DQfM6U

GtSereis4.png

Arlo, Coanda, Son and 3 others like this.
  17. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Humm...I was imagining when you'll go this route. Oh well, good voyage then and have fun, and now that wonderful button.

18. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

My apologies.

Si. likes this.
  19. LRM

LRM Simracer

I remember the back in the days when people was making a fuse about the transition from server browsing mp system that was present in Call of duty 4/5 to the matchmacking system from COD mw2 to this day, people were not happy at all.

Well I guess time changes, but personally and as a person who don't own the game I prefere the server browsing one.

20. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Add to it very advanced driver ratings to help match up to others of similar levels. These things are too advanced for some though they just need a simple button. They then demand scheduled races which has nothing to do with matchmaking and refuse to use the tools provided to match up with better drivers in servers. Sure more things can be done but we arleady have advanced matchmaking and it wprks for those that use it.

Its not a one on one head to head match, you can have 24 or more people at once race. The real series has a field spread of 4 or more seconds in equal cars so no big deal if this happens in servers as long as all are capable of racing clean.

The main point is to have good fair clean racing and this can be done already but its too complicated for most to figure out how to use this. :rolleyes:

They join the open unrestricted server running a track they dont want to, in a format they dont want with people they dont want to race. Then come here and complain how bad the mp is when they are the main part of their own problem. ;)

Completely ignoring all the advanced tools available which we can all use on official or our own servers to get good competitive clean racing.

Saying the devs are liars, scammers lol when your wild imaginations and dreams of a free iracing arent met. It was never planned to compete with that as its impossible in this price point they will do the best they can, you either like it or you dont.

There are other choices and clearly you all love gt sport and iracing so why arent you just playing them.

Many complain about lack of communication but when Minolin makes a good post to clarify some misconceptions you all tear it to shreds. If I was a dev I would greatly reconsider communicating so directly again if thats the response it will get.