1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turk

Turk Alien

Sims tend to have a much longer "self life", I would say that phrase comes directly out of the marketing department of a big development company.

Until someone comes up with a better GT3 simulator ACC will probably be relevant.

Rolz and Doctor_Tofu like this.
  2. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I'd already be happy if the pit radio engineer guy wouldn't have such robotic responses like "Cut. Detected." for going slightly wide or whatever (who says that? Why is my engineer telling me that? Should be either an announcement from race control or something like 'your last time got deleted by race control, try to keep it within the lines' from the crew). And more variations on the messages that are there. It's great that there is a pit radio at all, better than nothing - but what's there gets old fast. Not the most pressing issue though, I understand.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    Serge M and bgil66 like this.
  3. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

Yea, Mila Kunis should drop these features asap! :D

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  4. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

Except because consoles exists and are the main source of profit for videogame companies.

5. Boundless

Boundless Rookie

Gentlemen, at what part of the forum you discuss/post setups for ACC cars? Considering that GT3 cars was always about setups and looking at Special Event's top times - it's obvious that good setup is a must.

6. david m

david m Racer

don't be too sure about setups and top times mate.... I'm pretty sure that some of the top times are done it with default agressive. this top guys are damn fast
    but anyway, a good ,or adpated to you, setup will always help a lot of people to be faster. good luck

p.d: there's some topic about some cars that people speak about some changes to setup,but i don't think there's any topic with shared setups.

you can take a look in racedepartment,but not sure.

7. chakko

chakko Alien

Do you know any other sim which has such a variety of different messages to inform you via the pit radio? Mind you, OUT OF THE BOX. Not with third party tools like Crew Chief.

I can also mod the sh** out of Assetto Corsa, and make the feature set 10 times as big as it is without any mods.

To be fair, i don't know how pit radio in F1 2018 and PCars 2 is, though. Although i'm talking strictly sims here. F1 2018 is not a sim for me, and, PCars 2 can be argued about. Rather simcade. iRacing definitely does NOT have better pit radio than ACC, though.

8. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

no point discussing :) enjoy the pit radio and stay away from the curbs

Lawndart and Racert46 like this.
  9. chakko

chakko Alien

Hehe, i'm aware it's a bit pointless to transmit that right at the start. :) But, which other sim informs you over the tire pressure condition via pit radio? That's my point.

10. Nev Roberts

Nev Roberts Racer

Still getting occasional lock ups which can't be solved by ctr/alt/del to use the taskbar so holding down the computer power button is the only way to exit. Is this causing any damage to the system?

11. Rolz

Rolz Alien

unclean shutdowns all have potential to cause issues.

My recent lockup last night I couldn't access task manager because it kept on sticking behind ACC full screen on monitor (I'm in VR)
    Alt-F4 didn't work either, but I was lucky enough I could get to start button to do a clean reboot...

My tip is if you have "num lock" on keyboard press that... if it lights on and off it means pc still responding and look for alternative ways to shut down.
    Most new PC's even a singe press of the power button does something... I usually set mine to powerdown, I think most laptops have it as sleep that u can change
    long press is like pulling power-cord out and certainly my last option as my raid array then has to take hours verifying all is ok

12. Nev Roberts

Nev Roberts Racer

13. Nev Roberts

Nev Roberts Racer

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll see if I can find other ways as you suggest.

Rolz likes this.
  14. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

The only thing worse than a lockup in VR is a BSOD.

Rolz likes this.
  15. After the matchmaking drama, let's go for the crewchief drama, what's next, see you on the next episode...:rolleyes:

mr Switchblade and Rolz like this.
  16. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

I eventually disabled the radio communication I found it pretty useless, even annoying at some point.

Not related, the tachymeter shows 0 instead of N when you're in neutral, had this changed or is it a typo? I was driving the Audi. Didn't check if other cars are affected

[​IMG]

17. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

It is only in the Audi as far as i know

18. DuckeyTapey

DuckeyTapey Hardcore Simmer

You could enable the option in the task manager for it to always stay on top. Open up the task manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc), hit Alt+O and hit enter to enable it.

19. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Noticed this as well. Haven't had time to check the cars and make a thread about it. The car's display I believe shows 0 for neutral, so that might be why? Just looks off in the HUD.

20. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien