1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I do agree and I know that there is no easy answer.
    Its just frustrating for me as I bought the game to play online.
    I am not interested in SP or AI races, I just want to race real people, but at the moment can only join servers with wreckers on.
    That's why I think 'your over all driving' should work towards your SA.

If I drive safely each lap on MP games but nowhere near other players, then I am still safe, but if I play MP games and go off on every corner then I am not. This should be reflect on my SA rating.

Not sure how this would work, but say I do a full lap without issue then my SA goes up 1 point. If I come off twice or have 2 bumps in a lap then it goes down 2 points (1 per off/bump). This would make me ensure I drive safely and don't come off, but also makes those who are not so careful lose SA quickly. If a wrecker causes me to lose a couple of SA then it will be easy for me to get them back and not as demoralising.

This could mean that if I did 100 laps without an incident then I could get 100SA. And lets face it, if I did 100 laps without incident then I have proven I am safe (in my eyes).
    A decent player could get to 100SA in no time at all, where a poor unsafe player or wrecker will have no chance ever of getting anywhere near that amount.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    chksix likes this.
  2. Ahhh ok :) Sorry then ;)

I do online racing only and I'm up to SA 90 :p

tjr likes this.
  3. Jacobs

Jacobs Racer

Feels like it's harder now to gain SA than before 1.0 release. I'm around 82-84 SA and in early access i would gain 3-5 SA points after 20 minutes AI race. Now i can do two or three of these and SA is not moving at all.

4. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Its a catch 22 scenario.
    I only play online, but cant get on as much as I would like due to working 12 hour shifts and having a full motion rig which wife keeps telling me to be quiet when I play.
    If I could play more I could be up to 90SA, but due to only being on 63 at this time I can only play against potential wreckers, making it harder to get to 90.

5. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I have updated my post with a possible solution before you quoted it.

6. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

Was in the exact same situation; I was at about 74-75SA then had a couple of races where I got bumped left and right and then my SA plummeted below 70. Despite really, really trying to stay clear, public servers would often just see my SA degrade to a point where it reached 66. After that I stopped playing online and raced AI for a few races to notch up my SA.

Now I'm back online, but I really try to race on rated servers only (and even there it's not really hazard free, but so far the experience is that it's still better than unrated servers).

7. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Don't get me wrong, having SA rated servers is a great idea and much better than a 'free for all', but its still frustrating for those who play clean, but can only get on lower SA servers due to only being able to get on once or twice per week.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  8. Most important part here: Always listen to your wife :) or get some headphones for her.
    So you can drive while she is looking "women stuff" at the television. ;)

pfoetiman, Coanda and Thug like this.
  9. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

If only it was that easy.
    She is usually doing her second job of marking exams, so headphones would help with the sound of my rig coming through the ceiling.

chksix likes this.
  10. westbum77

westbum77 Gamer

Little time in the game? So you have a little practice, so little experience= little SA)) Friends in session?= small SA

11. How did I know it wouldn't be that easy :p
    Have you tried to use these rubber mats for the washing machine to eliminate the vibrations?

...and while we're at the SA rating:
    Today I've lost two points of my rating for no reason at all. Now I'm not crying about the points. I'm just interested in the reason behind.
    [​IMG]

Another thing I've noticed today while I'm trying to fix the black intro video (delete all "corrupted" videos and validate my game via Steam)
    Also the downloaded video files are not playable with the Windows movie player. I've to use the VLC player for it. Ingame just the sound is playing.
    The videos without a thumbnail are affected:
    [​IMG]
    Maybe some codecs are missing at my system.

Greets After_Midnight

12. Rolz

Rolz Alien

as much as ppl hate it they need to so some AI runs to improve SA (start from last)
    OR find a league to race on a server with friends of similar skill that respect each other an improve that way.

Of course everyone is safe as houses doing solo laps... thats not the point of racing...
    Ideally I want to be on SA80+ servers where I know people have done the hard yards with other cars on the track and we can do close door to door racing.

90% of the time if I do have an incident it's a rubbing type of bump and no one is worse off because of it...
    I lost a point today as well with no reason either... just wondering again if it km/trust ratio in there too...

I haven't had many good battles recently as I find SA can be best build following someone rather than being out in front being chased.
    Sadly 90% of the MP servers I see (within my ping area) are all unrestricted max 10ppl... once ur out in front u get nothing on ur SA

All I can say is sacrifice a night or 2 to do the AI grind to build SA up enough to join the quality servers...

martcerv likes this.
  13. Greg Spicer

Greg Spicer Rookie

I think I must be doing something wrong, probably my driving. I spent some time driving against the AI set at 90/90, which is about the right pace for me to mid pack. However I seem to get bumped and tapped though corners by the AI, so on. One hour race last night I lost about 4 SA (55 down to 51) against the AI when I was trying to go the other way!

From my perspective none of the incidents were caused by me, so it felt very frustrating to loose these points.

14. nkohout

nkohout Gamer

Lemme guess: Ford-Kurve at Nurburgring?

Certain corners get you rear ended by the AI. That's one of them. However, I have had good luck racing close with the AI on 90/90 at Barcelona and Paul Ricard. Hungaroring and Misano are ok, too.

I avoid Zolder, Nurburgring. Haven't tried Spa against the AI.

15. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Silverstone is pretty good with AI too

16. Gratulin

Gratulin Racer

Try putting AI aggression up to 100. Pace can still be at 90. Then the AI don’t give up on a corner and will try to stay with you side by side through the corner. That is more like a real driver will do.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  17. tpw

tpw Gamer

I tried deleting and revalidating all video files, but I still get the black intro video too. Shouldn't be a codec issue, the game should be able to play its own bloody content.

After_Midnight likes this.
  18. Serge M

Serge M Alien

It’s prety strange as I and everyone else I know has no issues, it’s the fun part of PC game development, infinite system combinations and software issues to deal with

After_Midnight likes this.
  19. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I find a sock in the mouth with some race tape works best. Problem solved, no more barking! :p:D

2ad6b9.jpg

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  20. I totally understand what you’re saying and if ACC does get much improvement, it would be great for the game to get better ratings, but reviewers are under no obligation to do so.

If Kunos wanted better reviews, the sim needed to be better, straight out of the box.

I know there will be a host of legitimate reasons for ACC not being finished on release day, but every game has its one prime review window and unfortunately Kunos kind of blew it.

Hopefully when the game is in a better, more complete state, they’ll contact some of the reviewers to get a better sense of the game at a further stage of development, but unfortunately I feel like Kunos have already squandered their biggest opportunity.

max_86, Son, th3o and 1 other person like this.