1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I have not tried this yet, but what would happen if I put the AI on 50/50 (or less) and just ran races to build my SA up?
    I understands that 'putting the mileage in' should prove you are a competent racer, but surely running AI races (that I can set the skill of) is just as bad as having a low SA and playing against clean players.
    I am not convinced that your SA should raise/lower when playing SP at all really as its open to being taken advantage of.
    Any idiot can increase their SA quite easily this way, but that doesn't mean that they will be good clean drivers with other humans.
    Of course I may be wrong here if lowering AI skill/aggression doesn't change the way SA is calculated.

As I said before I think SA should be just be affected on MP games. If I am in a race but no where near other players I still have to be safe, or I will be off the track on more corners than enough.
    If I do go off the track then it should effect my SA, whether by myself or not. Safety isn't just about other people/cars, it should also be about how safely 'you' drive over all.
    Imagine if every time you had a bump or went off the track your SA dropped 1 point. And every clean lap you performed it would go up 1 point. I think most clean racers would be at 100 in no time, but we would do more to keep it there too. We would also have more full servers and more people to race against.
    I am a clean driver, but I am limited to which servers I can join. This not only effects me, but also you as you have less players to race against.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  2. Rolz

Rolz Alien

I don’t think you can go lower than 80/80 AI

I don’t think it’s easy to stay within 0.5seconds of the car in front of you for 5-6laps... no touching...

you need to set the AI to a level where they are slow enough to keep up, but fast enough that you can’t start last (26 AI) and finish first in a 15min race...

I try to set it that if I start last and after 15min I’m roughly just outside top 10 then they are at a good level for me...

Trust me, if u don’t touch them at all the whole race and do that I can guarantee you’ll be perspiring and have improved your SA

That is not farming in my books... it is a shame RC isn’t working because that method also helped heaps.

Freddie Seng, chksix, Jebus and 2 others like this.
  3. Si.

Si. Simracer

Racing on your own and staying on track is much easier and less stressful than racing in a pack, so I don’t think these laps should significantly affect your rating. The method you suggest sounds open to abuse as any racer clean or not would be able to get to 100 with very little effort, 20 clean laps at back of field equals +20 SA. There needs to be a distribution across the rating otherwise it becomes worthless if most end up crowded round a few single points. I feel this is an issue in GT Sport, it’s far too easy to get to and maintain 99 Safety.

From the threads I’ve read it seems harder now to raise SA in single player so I have no issue with that, I think if you can raise your SA to a reasonable level in SP then you’re a clean racer too and as Minolin has said it’s unlikely someone (most) would want to throw that away wrecking in MP to then have to go though the SP grind all over again.

I don’t see much wrong with progression of SA at the moment, I’m around 80 gained in MP, I’ve lost a few points recently with people crashing into me including after the end of the race (which is frustrating) but in general my rating progresses upwards. The quality of racing has definitely dipped since v1.0 though, the 65 and 70 servers (especially at Spa) are not very clean for a lap or two for instance. I would like to see some 80 SA servers, I feel it took a bit of work and time to get from 70 to 80 compared to 60 to 70 and therefore I’d expect 80+ races to be very clean. It’s a balance vs the total number of players though otherwise we’ll end up with empty servers.

4. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

A good point and I agree, it would be easy to sit at the back of the pack and gain SA.
    In my experience though, wreckers don't want to sit at the back of the pack they want to get to the front and win at any cost. And if they cant do that they want to ruin other peoples races.

anthony galmiche likes this.
  5. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

None of the other racing sims were perfect "straight out of the box” and they weren't nearly as complex, overall, as ACC. Any new sim hitting the streets is instantly going to be compared (whether consciously or not) to those existing sims which have had years worth of patches to iron out any problems (and still haven't succeeded, in some cases). Lesser sims got good reviews when they were released because there was not much around to compare them to and the bar was so much lower at the time. Kunos is trying to do so much more with ACC than most other sims and almost inevitably, given the possible number of hardware and software permutations (it has to be almost infinite), there are going to be issues. Maybe I've been lucky, but I haven't seen any of the apparently show-stopping problems that some people seem to be getting.

The biggest problem with bug reporting is one of perception. If every user had just one different, isolated issue and reported it, it would appear that the game is full of bugs for everyone. Thousands of people have bought ACC but there aren't even a fraction of that number complaining about it and many of the reports are from the same pool of people who tend to quote each other. They may well have perfectly legitimate issues but that doesn't mean that the majority of users are also suffering with the same problems. Some of these problems are caused by things beyond the ability of Kunos to fix - Internet connections and latency, for example. Is it perfect, no! Is it great fun, in my opinion yes! Kunos have already shown their determination to fix problems with the number of updates that we've had so far - give them time, it's been less than 3 weeks since the full release! I'm not a fan boy, I'm a realist who appreciates that the best things often take time to reach maturity.

Freddie Seng, warth0g, chksix and 7 others like this.
  6. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

How do we view the leader boards when completing special events?
    I have just completed the Hot stint at Spa in the Porsche and noticed I was position 1,6xx on the last lap, but no idea where it ended when I finished as the HUD went off.
    Ok, I could start again and it would show me, but I want to see a list, possibly showing the top 10 leaders and 10 either side of me, and maybe all our best times at each sector.
    Is there a way to do that?

7. I never said other racing sims were "perfect" straight out of the box. I simply stated that ACC "needed to be better". I don't think that's particularly controversial. I'm sure deep down, some of the Kunos staff would have liked to have been able to work on the game for at least a couple more weeks before it was released. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I suspect, from nothing more than my own perspective, admittedly.

I'm also not really talking about bugs. When I say the game "wasn't finished" I mean the extremely basic (laughable) career mode, the complete lack of explanations in the game about what the player needs to do, and then little annoying things that, to me, signify that the developers didn't have enough time to iron out all the little problems, like the AI being unable to lap slower AI (therefore making an endurance racing simulator unable to perform its basic function), the HUD being so inflexible, the crew chief being so basic and other little things like a lack of pit crew animations etc.

The game was rushed out in my opinion. And I know most games are rushed out, but ACC was (in my opinion) one of the worst of recent years.

To be honest, my main point was that Kunos couldn't really expect reviews to say anything other than "the driving physics, graphics and audio are fantastic, but there's a severe lack of gameplay", because that's the truth. The driving is clearly phenomenal, but I still think we're several weeks, probably months away, from it actually being at a bit more of a finalised first version.

Maybe I'm on my own here, but when I load ACC up, I kind of click around for a little while, unsure of what I want to do. I'll maybe do a quick special event, or I'll load a 20 minute multiplayer race and then I'll close the game down again.

That's bad news, for me. I want to love ACC, but there's nothing quite pulling me into it regularly yet.

Despite all that, I retain faith in the title and I wouldn't be hanging around these forums still moaning ( :p ) if I thought it was dead in the water.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    Freddie Seng, Birdy, max_86 and 8 others like this.
  8. Rolz

Rolz Alien

under rating it tells u where u are or u jump back in again will tell u... shows u top then then 3/4 ahead of u and 3/4 behind u

9. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, would be really helpful if this was given to you after you've crossed the line rather than having to go and find out for yourself afterwards. You can find it on your rating screen, but you need to know what number the event was. It's not very clear.

AchillesXI, donShere, Thug and 2 others like this.
  10. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

Be sure never posting these with your real name.

11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

?

12. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

That’s called “player motivation” and it’s generally defined by a meaningful progression of some kind. “Sims” have always fallen short in this category. Even GT Sport and Forza limp by with a skeleton of a structure. But turn to Horizon, Burnout paradise, TDU, etc and they are hugely successful as games. They even offer very competitive racing if a few know what they are going. Believe it or not, Mario kart is a very advanced form of entertainment with incredibly advanced competitive gameplay. All with solid progression mechanics, some with very immersive ones.

But when it comes to sims, there is this idea that if they can nail the sim bits, that it will compensate for a lack of gameplay bits. But decent gameplay bits don’t make up for inconsistent sim bits (pcars2). And this is where sim developers and game developers differ. A sim dev is literal, a game dev is convincing.

The thing is, most gamers like to get a sense of value that’s registered in game for time invested. Not just play around, turn it off, rinse and repeat. It feels almost like waisted time if you don’t feel like you’re earning anything, or that your time means anything. Those are called “time wasters” and a whole mobile games industry exploded with them, though even they have evolved into robust games these days.

So you’re not alone, your just really wanting your ACC time to mean something because it is a very competent racer. AC meant a lot to me when I was in a league, but now that I don’t have time for the league I can’t really be bothered to fire up AC unless there is a new mod or a friend wants to do some tourist laps at the Nurburgring. Heck I can’t even trick my brain into believing it’s practice for my real racing anymore. But to each their own, and there is no winning an argument with game vs sim logic.

Some people get great satisfaction from carving a second from a troublesome track, heck I do when I was league racing (ie player motivation, just externally).

But if you need more game, that’s what Forza and Codemasters game formulas are for and there damn good at it and every bit as competitive as a hardcore math sim. There is no such thing as simcade... no one knows the difference between real and computational physics, it’s all data points and a convincing feeling.

No offense, but these debates are decades old in the game industry, only newer to sim/gamers coming of age or new to the genera. I too am still waiting for the racer that has ACC physics and audio wrapped up in a Grid Autosport game framework... with mod support!

BrakeCheck101, Birdy, PLebre and 3 others like this.
  13. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

I know you mean this as humor, but it’s not very funny imho. Maybe keep the conversation about racing and save your little jokes about women to a different forum? Or perhaps not make them at all?

MTv, Pekka and tjr like this.
  14. ivann_11

ivann_11 Racer

I cant get third medal in Track Rating for Silverstone and Spa in practice mode.

15. Coanda

Coanda Alien

oh dear... you can try and choose to turn this into gender issue however I poke fun at anyone or thing particularly if I have had dialog with this person(s) many times before. This was not a conversation by the way, and if it was raised about racing which it was not, then I would be happy to contribute sensibly like I do a lot of the time. I am sorry you are easily offended however on ya bike pal. Stop trying to make a big deal out of nothing ;) If the parties involved had any issues with my sense of humor then they should say and I would happily apologise to them and we can all move on quickly and respectfully or maybe just don't post issues regarding their girlfriends or wife's on a public racing forum if your not open to a little bit of banter...

peace

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    After_Midnight and sps_for_race like this.
  16. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Humor is subjective. And obvious joke is obvious.
    I don't think you should try to read anything into it. :)

17. Slowheit

Slowheit Gamer

Wouldn´t it be nice to have a MMR (Match Making Rating) for your racing abilities instead of the single SA rating? That´s what keeps me coming back to Rocket League for years now. I know where I stand compared to others.

The MMR could be composed of the actual ratings and

- race pace for every track (as I understand the current PC value is only for the actual hotlap event)
    - qualifiying positions
    - finishing positions
    - intentional leave before race end
    - general mp safety
    - general sp safety
    - mp safety per track
    - sp safety per track

So if you are not quick and safe enough compared to others your MMR will show that. The servers could be set up with different MMR thresholds. Say, if you can compete in a minor MMR server you´ll build up points to move to the next one and so on. To keep an high MMR should motivate people to race competitively as they´ll always know where they stand compared to others.

18. Rolz

Rolz Alien

We are waiting for RC to be reinstated... it is another measure... all accounts that’s the one we will eventually be graded against when joining a server...

19. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

RC could be used for matchmaking. But we have learned that Kunos cannot provide matchmaking (matchmaking as most of us understand it should be).
    So if Kunos reinstates RC nothing will change. It just doesn't matter.
    There are so many numbers and ratings and this and that and it is not used by Kunos.

20. No. rc is very important for matchmaking.
    consider to use it in combination to sa.
    the only problem regarding rc, and probably also the reason behind not being the main goal atm, is that if you always win with grand slam, you will not have a high rc.
    In the end, I think cp is the true matchmaking feature.
    I hope they will give the possibility to use it as a requirement, but not influencing the rating itself.