1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

I don´t think so. ACC is much more than night and rain. Not to mention the performance hit. Obviously there are GT3 cars and tracks on AC, so ACC should be a superior product to get sales. Comparing GT3 series, I think it is. But it´s unfair to say AC is ACC worst enemy, when they are very different sims from birth. Maybe people buying ACC expecting it to be AC2 it is a problem.

2. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

Yeah, it won't be a solution but could help immensely at least during 30min-1Hr-2Hr races until they figure it out.

I don't know who said that but I played rF2 exclusively before ACC and blue flags in rF2 is as good at it gets. They only struggle during the inlap which wouldn't be a big issue here but they overtake backmarkers pretty efficiently.

3. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

I don’t disagree, you’re right. But what about the majority trying to find more (obvious) USP’s to go buy ACC.

So no argument on how much more advanced ACC is, just a question if those advancements stand out enough to a majority that might think; why ACC? AC has... Day night, check, advanced physics (what ever it means to them) check, enough cars of a series to make up a grid, check, can do casual ring track days (diversity in the game), strong league support, 3rd party rating system, 3rd party match making/ques, etc etc. in fact the list of what’s less in ACC vs AC is quite sizable and I don’t think Kunos have really addressed that, or whether they really can.

Racert46 likes this.
  4. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Seems to me there are more people talking about SOL than there are people actually using it

jaxx_za likes this.
  5. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

As a SIM Racing hobbyist, I'm always looking for the next step closer to reality. ACC delivers this, and it's enough to make it stand out against AC.

Nd4spdvn, LeDude83, Pack34 and 4 others like this.
  6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Added:-

- Honda NSX GT3 engine data
    - 2018 Bentley GT3 engine data
    - Front & Rear Track data
    - Adjusted Mercedes AMG GT3 weight & dimensions
    - Adjusted Lamborghini Huracan ST dimensions

acc_car_list_info.jpg

LeDude83 and mr Switchblade like this.
  7. Whats the best way to build the safety rating guys?

8. Si.

Si. Simracer

Race :).

For me it was MP, qualify as normal, if I qualified outside of the front two rows then I’d pull to the side and start from the back to avoid some of the carnage. Racing through the field, overtaking etc. would generally build SA. Once you have enough SA move onto a rated server, as your rating rises you can just race, if you have an accident don’t quit, keep racing which will recover trust points etc.

Personally I’ve had a tough time recently, SA has dropped from 85 to 78, one race was a nightmare people crashed into me 3 times I think, a couple of races where someone has spun back onto track and collected me up and a few races where the pack is not that close so difficult to gain trust. It’s swings and roundabouts though so I’m hoping to turn a corner soon.

9. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

Yes, this, much more entertaining than "SA farming with AI" God knows why people do that.

So more tips to make this work: following someone is much safer than someone following you. If people crash at start and you pass them, just let them by if they catch up quickly, typically these people are fast but risktaking. Reduce speed when you see yellow, the biggest danger with this approach is people with stupid rejoins. Watch out for Porsches they tend to spin. Stay away from people that talk trash in chat app, they tend to crash. To gain trust, trust no one :)

10. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I’ve been playing a bit offline checking the cars and tracks and SA dropped a big chunk while racing with the AI to the point that I think the AI has taken some steps back from what I remember sometime ago.
    Perhaps there was also a change on how the SA moves while racing with the AI because a tap of other car takes, almost always, at least 1 SA and it requires several laps of close raking to regain the SA lost, but I would say that what I found is it’s more difficult now to race with the AI without incidents and mainly due to how the AI behaves in some situations, to the point that I’m considering starting a thread to give some feedback about it.

11. flihp

flihp Racer

Regarding SA, I have yesterday gone online and had a good race, qual 3rd finished 2nd, however after qual and a 15 minute race, even thought the racing was extreme fun, I was consistently 1.5 to 2 seconds behind the leader, with position 3 right up my rear end, I absolutely got nothing for it. Lol, not close enough to the leader, which I imagine he would have got nothing either.. in hindsight to obtain points would have been to let number 3 past and stick with him. He would I Imagine received some good racing points for some cleaning racing, but IMHO my defensive and likelwise clean racing deserves something. It was fun but 3rd gets the bonus for trying to get past but failing, if you get my drift o_O. My understanding is that also RC ( if it was active) would have benefit him and not me. So therefore backing off to follow someone to obtain the points seems to defeat the purpose of racing. Just my opinion, but I think a valid point.

Playing against AI, it almost looks like 1 little tap will lose 1 point at the end of that lap, but then it takes some 7-9 laps of clean close racing to get 1 point back ( hoping not to touch someone else again,)

12. Had a buddy finally give ACC a try for the first time (he has owned it since day one of EA) and had to join an open (no SA requirement) server to run with him. Won't ever make that mistake again. Pass a guy clean after trailing him for multiple laps just have him ram me off the track two turns later. And then rammed me while I was escaping to pits after the race was over. SA dropped from 78 to 69 just from those two contacts.
    Kunos really needs to make it easier to set up your own password protected server.

13. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Added:

Mercedes AMG GT3 track data
    McLaren 650s GT3 track data
    Ferrari 488 GT3 weight distribution and added track data
    Porsche 991II GT3 Cup weight distribution and track data
    Porsche 991 GT3 R weight distribution
    Adjusted 2015 Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 weight distribution + added track data
    Adjusted Audi R8 LMS weight distribution + added track data

acc_car_list_info.jpg

14. James P

James P Simracer

You sir are a hero! Keep up the great work :D

Coanda likes this.
  15. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Nah just killing time matey :D Thank you kindly though... I was thinking about your BMW today. My friend use to have one years ago with the same colour. Not as neat & badass like yours though :cool:

Funny I use to live next to the thunderdome now look at it :( A real shame. I once drove an ex PJ 92 Ford EB Falcon V8 Supercar around Calder Park. What a memory :cool:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    Eduardo AuKiss and chksix like this.
  16. Coanda likes this.
  17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

no worries matey. happy to share whatever I can :) except for my missus :p:D

18. James P

James P Simracer

Your data sheet has taken pride of place on my rigside table along with the print offs of ecu maps and car setup hints ;)

20190620_174939.jpg

Haha my car isnt that special, but it allows me to sharpen my real life skill and speed behind the wheel, which sims obviously can help with but cannot substitute over real seat time.

Ps.. Shame to see a circuit look that worse for wear :(

LeDude83 and Coanda like this.
  19. LucaBenj

LucaBenj Racer

Meanwhile, by pure chance I discovered to my great amazement that AC1 outclasses ACC in everyday use. Sometimes the number of average daily users of AC1 exceeds three or four times that of ACC. It would be interesting to reflect, both on the user side and on the marketing side of the business model. For convenience, point out the page indicating the comparison of the two simulators: https://steamcharts.com/cmp/244210,805550#3m

20. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

Those only represent peak number of players. ACC drops to sub 150 players sometimes...

But AC1 has way more content, mods and community made structured multiplayer, so it's understandable it has decent numbers overall.