1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

I think what some people here can learn from Mr Thiim is not to take life too seriously.

David Perel seems to be the most "gentlemanly" race driver I have heard talking, very soft spoken.

But they do agree on the curbs in their very different way. Let's see for 1.0.7, I expect not to have to use the tarmac at all anymore and just fully race on the curbs instead :).

kro likes this.
  2. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

A Very bad day ...
    Srry again.

After_Midnight and Coanda like this.
  3. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

I hope Perel will get VR :)

4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

No good matey... Chin up pal :)

After_Midnight and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  5. Coanda

Coanda Alien

yeah... Danny Ric shows how not to take life too seriously whilst not being a tosser at the same time ;)

6. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Everyone have his purpose.
    I don't repeat my self but, the good of life is to have the freedom to choose.

7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

smashing those kerbs nicely :cool: You really can hear that in the audio. Maybe the kerb sounds need beefing up in ACC.

8. I know everyone was picking on @bgil66 a bit for his pit limiter rant, but the above is a fair point. It's also another demonstration of how little information on the game there is for newbies. I'm pretty sure most people who bought ACC had to find out the hard way that the pit limiter only works in 1st gear. Casual users aren't going to read this forum before playing the game.

This is why I don't value much about Perel's opinion of ACC so far. He keeps using this reason as a major factor of why he thinks ACC is better than iRacing, which frankly, is irrelevant for us sim racers. I don't particularly care if the tracks are slightly more modern than on iRacing.

I do really enjoy Perel's stuff, but it's this little comment he keeps saying which irritates me a bit. Why would we massively care if the kerbs are slightly more correct in ACC around Spa, than they are in iRacing, PC2 etc etc?

Yes, we want a sim to be as close to reality as possible, but the slight deviation of where a kerb lies or the colour of it, is just silly to keep stating as a massive positive over other sims.

Anyway, I digress.

As you were.

9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Does Mr Perel have dialog with LK and Aris?

10. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Nah it was Znam’s rant I only had a comment :)

jaxx_za likes this.
  11. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

I think he mentioned somewhere, that he knows the devs.

Coanda likes this.
  12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Nice. He seems very level headed with a good degree of knowledge and experience. I hope kunos are picking a few brains along the way of development cycle.

jaxx_za likes this.
  13. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

14. Coanda

Coanda Alien

jaxx_za likes this.
  15. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

It wasn't Bgill66, but be that as it may, there is no justification for the poster starting his post by insulting the Devs and their work with the phrase "a pile of ....". He could've just stated his problem and asked for help like tons of other do on a daily basis. This was just more of the "outrage culture", as someone so adequately put it recently. Didnt even have the decency to apologize for the outburst.

This I don't get. Everyone goes on about laser scanned tracks. Iracing supposedly pioneered laser scanned tracks - why do we find a pro driver complaining about track accuracy?
    My take - not all laser scanned tracks are created equally, another reason to give kudos to Kunos.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    Luis Branco and Coanda like this.
  16. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

C00B2DB3-A326-4D5F-B2F1-6FA70019188F.png
    This, from a learning psychology standpoint, is absolutely bonkers, because of a full blown overload!

If you want to get better quickly at any discipline, you need to restrict yourself...

The most useful training plans, with the why’s and no’s are out there.

This is not one of them...

17. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Granted this may not work for the average person, but DP learnt most of the tracks he races on from GT/ GT Sport, and he is fairly successful. So its working for him - which is all he is alluding to.

For someone who's had to quit racing for financial reasons, continued to hone his skill on a SIM, started a SW company and save up to get back into racing, and then cold called racing teams until he found a seat, he deserves some credit.

He wasn't born into motorsport like some others.

pippo10, Lawndart and sps_for_race like this.
  18. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Yea and that`s why he is Racing driver now ?? and we are still behind our PC`s and "simulating" what he does.

pippo10, Lawndart, Jebus and 2 others like this.
  19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Nope,
    He’s a gifted person, who could have reached his goals even faster, sticking to the book.

20. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

I think if you laser scan a track in 2000 its going to be different from one scanned in 2018

D.Jankovic and jaxx_za like this.