1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Good point. The Iracing scan is from 2010, and Spa has changed significantly over the last ten years.

2. All tracks inherited from Assetto Corsa (Spa, Silverstone, Barcelona, Brands Hatch, Nurburgring and Monza) have been updated to 2018, but some of them have undergone changes between 2018-2019, including a new addition, Paul Ricard, with the new entry and exit of pit. Maybe the only tracks matching with the current ones (2019) are Hungaroring, Spa, Zolder, Barcelona and Misano.

3. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Geez, really mucked this one up. Was meant to say that Spa *hasn't* changed significantly since 2010.

4. Sorry, my bad.

This is true. However, I was just addressing the lack of info that is in the game for newbies.

iRacing's scans are absolutely fine. David hasn't (as far As I've heard anyway) actually complained about the track, it's more the type of kerbs are dated in iRacing. Which, in my opinion, is a pretty minor thing for us sim racers.

5. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I think there is a fair amount of info around, and one can easily figure it out in practice mode or post a question here for a quick response. The problem is many new drivers jump straight into MP before exploring SP. Maybe to avoid confusion for new comers kunos can mention the 1st gear procedure here:-

acc_pit_limit.jpg

XettMan and jaxx_za like this.
  6. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

I don't see any v1.0.6 specific thread but I have to talk about this, so I'll post it here...

GENERAL:
    - Added first implementation of blue flags during qualifications.

I was so happy to read this because this is the main thing preventing me to enjoy ACC to the fullest.
    I have yet to see it on the works but I'm glad that Kunos acknowledged its importance and it's on top of their minds.
    Other few issues I have with the game are really minor compared to this, so once blue flags are effectively working in all sessions, anything else will be the cherry on the cake. :)

Ace Pumpkin and stefanoCasillo like this.
  7. Yup, that would be absolutely perfect. Some people would still not see it before racing, but at least it would help avoid confusion for those that do read the descriptions in-game.

Coanda likes this.
  8. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

It was mentioned quite often in this forum, so it should be also mentioned in the ingame information text. Not everybody is reading every thread in the official forum.
    And this information is vital to be not disqualified.

9. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I actually want to know why you get disqualified for speeding in pit lane, I though the normal penalty is a drive through or stop go in Blancpain.

Seems fairly harsh to get disqualified outright for it

10. Jebus

Jebus Alien

menos | M6, Ace Pumpkin and Serge M like this.
  11. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

I guess it depends on how much you exceed the limit?

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

Serge M likes this.
  12. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Just read the post behind the link I posted and you don't have to guess. You're right though.

Ace Pumpkin and Serge M like this.
  13. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Jebus likes this.
  14. plaid

plaid Alien

I believe it was you who mentioned the ai having problems overlapping cars at the back. I don't know if this will fix it. Besides in longer races the AI not only need to stop defending overlapping cars, but these most be capable of quickly passing them.
    Would be nice to know if there is any progress that isn't released or how confident they are.
    From a singleplayer perspective that would make a huuuge difference. Only one series is ok if in return its all more refined, but that should include that the endurance races work well.
    Plus what people wrote about the AI in the recent racedepartment posts (ai pitting in the last lap etc.) and a little bit polish for the career.
    There is sadly no alternative, especially not one with a licence for a series.

Epistolarius likes this.
  15. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

Yes, it was me mentioning it.....a few times actually. I agree with all you said.

I might have jumped the gun writing that post. Implementation of blue flags could mean just for the player (which is useful mostly for multiplayer) or the way I initially understood it, also for AI (which at the moment doesn't seem to be the case).

I did a quick test in Brands Hatch yday. I saw the blue flag being waved at me but not at the R-EX when cars were obviously trying to pass it without luck for 5 laps.
    So at the moment it's not working with AI but since this is only the first implementation I really hope the next step is to integrate it with AI.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  16. I too, am waiting for this to be fixed before I can play ACC in single player properly. Praying it gets fixed in the next couple of hot fixes.

Axel Vogelsang likes this.
  17. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

+1

18. plaid

plaid Alien

Yes , maybe its a first step. It would be great if you could make endurance races without facing any AI issues.
    And someone forgetting a new gpu On my coffee table. That would Be nice, too.

fsuarez79 and dek like this.
  19. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

I'm making a DIY button plate and while watching gt3 steering wheels to get some example I couldn't avoid to see that they have 2 buttons labeled: left and right. Also in the game controller UI there is the possiblity to map buttons for left and right. Anybody knows the purpose of those buttons?, I mean, my guess is that probably they are warning lights like on road legal cars. But why they would need such thing in a closed track?.