1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We're already able to pass through the whole car in the pits. "Human" character included.
    Just saying ;)

ignission, LeDude83 and Coanda like this.
  2. DHMoto

DHMoto Gamer

I appreciate the clear response. I know this does not have anything to do with the actual racing, but during a long race, when you pull in after 50 minutes to an hour, it’s nice to have the show versus just sitting there waiting for the timer to count down. Just more immersive. As to hitting or driving through a human, MP could be a problem with that. Not from a malicious point of view, but if the tire change is going on in the box before yours when you come in, not sure how you could make it to your box without clipping an ankle if not more. I usually drive thru the car, so if there was a guy by the drivers side wheel well he would be “driven-thru” as well. That’s a tough one. Maybe space the boxes out a bit. There is actually a penalty associated with hitting someone in the pits. Maybe work it into the game as part of adhering to the rules. A 10 min stop and hold would be enough to take care when dealing in an active pit.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  3. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Yeh kinda weird, hope we can get a fix for the AI driving out of the pits stuck inside of each other, and space out and more random when they leave the pits..

4. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Good ragdoll will solve driving trough the people..we could easily drive over them :D

Lawndart, R3V3NG3 BR and ignission like this.
  5. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

[​IMG]

ACC, your Carmaggeddon simulator.:p

6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

This f@#kers ready to go...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  7. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

And you people wonder why they don't have grid girls. :rolleyes:
    @Coanda can't be trusted with them. ;)

LeDude83, GroteBakkes and Coanda like this.
  8. ignission

ignission Simracer

He’d spend all of his time in free cam... :D

Coanda likes this.
  9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

more like the motor home. i'll take the second stint thanks.. :D:cool:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    chksix and ignission like this.
  10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I can be trusted.. trusted to put a few away.. :p:D

ignission likes this.
  11. ivann_11

ivann_11 Racer

Can we go up and down in F7 free cam, on the Z axis?

chksix likes this.
  12. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Perfect timing of that question while on the subject of grid girls LOL

sps_for_race likes this.
  13. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I only know how to navigate up and down on the G axis :p:p:p

14. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Yes, but only by looking straight down and then moving backwards.

15. I don't know how true this business of not wanting to see your cars damaged in a game is true, or if it's just lack of interest in doing the damage or ability

16. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

I'd appreciate an honest question, instead of implying I'm lying because behind the scenes we don't have the interest or ability...

What I'm reporting is what I know from our license contracts. It doesn't apply to all manufacturers, and maybe if you pay more or have different agreements you can bypass it and do whatever you like, it's not something I know. For us, it simply doesn't make sense to create such a system for only some cars of the grid and other must remain as they are. I believe project Cars had a similar issue, as they had pieces braking in their beta, and forced to deactivate them in the final release if I recall correctly.

Anyway, personally I'm impressed by the iR system, wonderful work.

17. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I really don't care how detailed the damage is depicted on my car,... after I have made it undrivable, especially if it uses more resources to display a broken car.

Shooter80 and Felippe Kiss 1987 like this.
  18. It was not my intention to accuse or doubt Kunos' ability to do Aris, if that seemed so. As you well mentioned Pcars had / has damage that was later mitigated, I know that making destructible / deformable meshs at Unreal is apparently more complex. But I am not just referring to visual damage, but to mechanic too, terminal damage or something similar depending on the crash that ends up with the car without possibility of repair, perhaps a system of % damage that depends on X value was impossible to repair

Strawberry and Coanda like this.
  19. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Thanks for clarifying, appreciate it, all is good.

I think we have an exceptional industry leading system of tyre damage.

I also think we lack on all the rest, body, aero, engine. We should improve on the above sectors.

20. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Damage me up :D:p

[​IMG]

anthony galmiche likes this.