1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

True.

And if you like to see cars being smashed there is always BeamNG out there. ;)

trasgu and LATE4APEX like this.
  2. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I like the nice little visuals we currently have ACC. When bonnet folds up its rather cool. Some mechanicle failures would be nice though if your not driving correctly over a long stint. Regarding other tittles I think PC1 was better than PC2 and the damage model only worked some of the time. Could you imagine T1 Monza with a iR type model. I can... what a mess :D

[​IMG]

3. PaulPunkGTX

PaulPunkGTX Gamer

I think a good damage model adds immersion, but its difficult to do right.

4. chakko

chakko Alien

As far as i'm concerned, it's specifically important for iR, due to their approach, which relies a lot on live streams, endorsements by real life racing drivers, and a sophistictaed league system. All things which can get more people to subscribe. As far as i'm concerned, i'd take a decent FFB, and a better tyre model over such a damage system every day. But, yeah, it is impressive, no doubt. IMO, there's other construction sites they should rather be working, and improve on, though.

LATE4APEX and Coanda like this.
  5. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

It is simply part of a sim for me to feel and see damage.

Epistolarius likes this.
  6. chakko

chakko Alien

I'd like to have it too, but it's waaay down my feature request list. ACC has other construction sites, which are more urgent, IMO.

trasgu likes this.
  7. Jacobs

Jacobs Racer

Look how much time went since first presentation of new damage model for iRacing. A year? So it's in development probably for like 2 years. Way more than ACC is available for public. I personally wouldn't want Kunos to use their time and resources on things like that.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  8. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Anyone else had their AC2 icons changed to the Unreal icon?

trasgu, Nox and After_Midnight like this.
  9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

yeah mate it changed in 1.0.7 b P3. Devs are aware :)

10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Tasty... :cool:

acc_set_chat_box.jpg

11. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

W O W
    Simply amazing

12. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Looks really good.
    I get the feeling that the detailed damage model is a precursor to a complex safety car mechanic for Iracing. Not sure all the effort is purely for eye candi.

13. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

I personally have no real interest in cars falling to pieces when they hit a wall , I just want to know what damage my car as obtained during as a result of an accident , like in AC,

14. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

Why? Surely as long as the damage affects the car correctly, being able to see it seems like a serious waste of resources which could better be used for other things. How many times, for real, would you be able to see external damage to your car from the inside? Very few, I'd guess.

15. Mjolnir1

Mjolnir1 Rookie

that is what replays are for, and since ACC do have replays....... :)

16. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

There are a couple of other cars on the track which can suffer damage as well. And I (please respect my opinion) would like to see damage on those cars in case of touching each other or the barrier somewhere. Currently it is a bit strange to see cars get real hard hits and continue driving as if nothing has happened (especially AI) and without serious damage.

Thug and chksix like this.
  17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Damage on other cars, replays, visual feedback on your own damage... Really don't know why this is getting questioned at all - it doesn't detract from the simulation, it's part of the experience, part of a full-fledged simulation of the real thing. And you'd probably be able to disable visual damage in the settings anyway if it was performance-intensive.

But rudimentary visual damage would be far more forgivable if the mechanical damage (and collisions - still hoping for more realistic tyre walls and barriers one day...) were really well done. And as Aris post about it shows, the devs recognise that they could do more in that area.

stefanoCasillo, Coanda and Son like this.
  18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

It's been said a few times by Kunos to not expect much more development in this area. For anyone hoping for a beefed up damage model, I'd suggest better start trying to let those ideas go from their heads, as it may only lead to frustration and further bickering... I think the kunos boys are plenty smart enough to do it, and possibly might find the new challenge refreshing and enjoyable however they must have their list of reasons why not to do it.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    pippo10 likes this.
  19. More like five to six years. There was a 'Cat Herder' blog years and years ago that featured info about a new dev they hired specifically for this.

tabis, Jacobs, jaxx_za and 3 others like this.
  20. Nev Roberts

Nev Roberts Racer

Re v1.07. Still no fix for the Monza loading problem in Single Player, Nice to be able to resize the Hud but would prefer to be be able to individually move each element and as I don't really need speed and gear I'd like to see the fuel information incorporated into the tire app.
    Otherwise everything running beautifully. Thank You.