1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimRacer925

SimRacer925 Simracer

Not performance difference for me.
    I hate the ghosting which Temporal has but I even more hate the complete absence of AA in corners which KTAA has (because to get rid of the ghosting in corners the AA is completely turned off and EVERYTHING is shimmering and flickering). Therefore I stick to Temporal and really hope that Kunos can bring another better AA option like Temporal with the AMD FidelityFX Sharpening which works wonderful in F1 2019 for example (unfortunately still doesn't eliminate the ghosting in F1 but at least the Blur from the TAA effect is fixed with that option).

2. DHMoto

DHMoto Gamer

Thats what I see too. Maybe TC was dialed back too much or an aggressive map contributed, but yeah off line on the over/under and rear end came loose. Not sure about the sensation of being hit though, that could be something coming thru your FFB settings(?)

Coanda and th3o like this.
  3. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

I am on the controller :)
    But yeah, it could be that i entered the corner too fast and steered in too much, so sorta threw the rear end around, there is also a hump almost exactly perpendicular to the apex which might have added to the rear end getting unstable.

4. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Isn't RF2 Aston a GTE. Not the same car.

5. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

The GT3 Aston is already in rF2. I think he means when the new Aston drops in ACC.

6. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Yep:)

7. Adastros

Adastros Racer

Do we have too much grip in our GT3's ?

EsxPaul likes this.
  8. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

To many variables to tell

LeDude83 likes this.
  9. PaulPunkGTX

PaulPunkGTX Gamer

I just have a question about the visibility of a dry line. It never appears in my game. Wouldn't the track be wet and when cars drive on it, develop a dry racing line, where you can run slicks earlier, but once you hit the damp parts, you are in trouble? Maybe the fault is on my end, so do any of you have screenshots or videos of a clearly visible dry line?

10. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Erm so what is this “steam check ok” thing in the forums? Never seen that before..

Felge Schneider and jaxx_za like this.
  11. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

0:52 in video
    If you are alone on track its gonna be a while for dry line to start creating, unless its properlly sunny and hot i believe whole track should dry sooner then... but by driving you can see in video.. bunch of cars creating dry line from wet track...etc

Serge M and Mike1304 like this.
  12. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Also when you have the time passing x1, meaning real time, then it takes also longer for a drying line. If you put it lets say x6 you can see a drying line faster.

13. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

I think track status is separated from time so track is always 1x but dont quote me on that.. not sure tho.

Freddie Seng and th3o like this.
  14. LucaBenj

LucaBenj Racer

Last night I lost 5 SA points in a couple of races with light touches from the rear. The incredible thing is that rebuilding the score is now almost impossible for me. Losing points is like going down a steep slope, gaining them is like climbing the top of Mount Everest. So I'm destined to disappear from public servers despite myself.

Also there are strange situations like when last night I lost a precious SA point, in a foolish way. At the end of the race, my followers decided to celebrate by spurting my car.

I could have written in the dedicated section of the dedicated forum, but unfortunately this morning I discover that I no longer have the privileges to participate in those conversations.

The video of the celebration described above follows:

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Florian Boswell and Jakkison like this.
  15. PaulPunkGTX

PaulPunkGTX Gamer

okay, so a dry line should be there. but why isnt it in my game or in my friends game?

16. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Depends on the server setup.. depends on a lot off stuff.. there is a point where track looks dry but its actually not fully dry.. but still you need multiple cars going around the track for some time to start seeing dry line forming.

17. Jakkison

Jakkison Gamer

SA isnt working at all. Too many SA points being lost for a fault not of yours. And it’s too hard to get SA atm...

18. Rovlgut

Rovlgut Gamer

I don't really want argue about SA working or not/lost fair or not. But I heard that in GT series when accident happens between PRO driver and AM, "fault" goes more to PRO driver. Something that he is PRO so he should see it coming and able to avoid it. Its racing, not daily driving. It not 100% someone fault and usually stewards decide what to do. But since we dont have them its good we have at least SA.

19. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

I am not 100% sure of my position either, but it just feels like that from my races and playing around with the time multiplier.

20. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I was under the impression that post race stuff no longer affects SA, may be wrong though. @Minolin ?