1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. f1200racer

f1200racer Racer

I love this sim and I have a potato machine compared to Everyone’s. I have a gateway fx6831 pc with a gen 1 i7 860 processors but running a msi 1050ti. I can run over 60fps with vsync off on high graphics by my self and between 45-60 with 19ai on medium settings on an older 43 1080p tv. Hopefully an upgrade is coming but priorities first.

2. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I was too harsh, I'm sorry.

I just wanted to disagree that you "can't go back" like you said. I could go back and I'm sure many others can, too.

But yeah...peace and see you on track, hopefully. We all love sim racing, why do we fight so much :p

JanR, tjr, After_Midnight and 2 others like this.
  3. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

Dunno about triples but I can't go back to flattys after VR, and believe me I've tried, but it just does not get anywhere near close.

dek and Son like this.
  4. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

That's why I don't even try it. There is this (for me) huge disadvantage, that you need to carry that rather heavy thing on your head, which doesn't help your eyesight. Sure racing on monitors aren't very good for your eyesight either, but it's a big difference if the image is 70 cm or 1-2 cm away from your eyes. Short sight incoming, I guess. Especially for endurance races I think VR would be a pain even if it gives me a heck of an experience. And then I haven't even included the financial part. I don't want to find myself in the position where I can't go back to a screen because it's not as fullfilling anymore.

5. Metzger

Metzger Racer

As I said earlier, it is actually exactly the same because the lenses of most VRs are offsetting the image to about 70cm.
    I'd recommend people to educate a little on a topic so not to end up with a wrong conclusion.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

6. this is very interesting. I don't know if I should buy it or not. do you know what it means offsetting in this case?
    Even if they are offsetting, they display is there. can you argue with this statement?
    I am asking just to understand

7. Metzger

Metzger Racer

Well, it is the way eye works, it needs the rays of light to be focused on the sensor(called retina in my language). If the object is too close the eye lens needs to focus the light from the object to the retina, to do so a muscle pushes the lense to change its shape so to modify the light as needed. If there is a lens to modify the light to enter the eye as it was 70cm away the eye lense doesn't need to do anything and it is not stressed.
    Sorry I don't know the terms in English and writing from phone so can't translate it very well.

Edit: in fact, if there was no lens in the VR it would be unusable as human eyes minimum distance that can focus an object is around 30cm. Try to put something closer and you will see that you can't focus it.
    Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    Salvatore Amato likes this.
  8. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

I've raced for hours without issue of eyesight or a heavy HMD, it's actually quite light really thanks to the straps.

9. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

So I might try VR again when I next upgrade my machine and the next-gen headsets are out, so I'm not discounting it altogether. But I really enjoy playing on my 49" ultrawide, it really works brilliantly - for me anyway, sorry to hear about others having the issues with ghosting, blurriness etc. I don't have any of those with my ultrawide.

10. the_stig90

the_stig90 Racer

Which is the best VR at the moment? I have the Oculus Rift CV1 but just played a few hours with it, nice feeling but i even prefer a flatty because the resolution of the cv1 is not good enough for me, can‘t play with that.

What about the Valve index or Pimax 5k+..?

11. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

With today’s technology you can only enjoy VR if you are able to make a compromise.
    Immersion vs graphics quality.
    If you expect the graphics quality and resolution of your flatty in VR I fear there’s not enough PC-power (CPU and GPU) available on the market yet to achieve fluid framerate.

I can live with lower graphics quality/resolution and therefore can’t live without VR...:D;)

Turk likes this.
  12. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

If, by medical issues, you mean motion sickness, then whilst it may affect a minority it's much more prevalent than you'd think. It's probably the one thing which will ultimately prevent VR taking over from monitors for gaming.

henkjansmits likes this.
  13. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Thank you for all that handy information. I guess for me one of my concerns is more around what effect it may have on sleep patterns. That is an area I am interested in...

I am curious, what FOV do you use and do you have a screenshot from the cockpit view? I noticed on my current monitor if I use a lower FOV I can push the sharpness more as jaggies are less of an issue however on a single 27" I just cannot get on with this setup.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  14. Nico1979

Nico1979 Racer

@Aristotelis I know you Devs are working very hard to make that allready great simulation better and better. It would be nice if you can give a short update about the progress of 1.0.8 to the community.

15. Awesome! I got you. VR added to schedule.

16. Turk

Turk Alien

You owe me over £1000 too because as a sim racer... :D

Winston likes this.
  17. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

https://vrgineers.com/xtal/
    :D

dek and Mike1304 like this.
  18. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Sure thing.
    First of all, all of the things I'll say might or might not come in 1.0.8. As usual the team works hard on many many aspects of the sim sometimes work gets done easier and faster without issues so it goes into an update version, some other time unpredicted issues might appear that might make a feature skip a version or two. So if you don't see your favorite feature on the next update, please be patient and be sure its been worked.

As you know we are working very hard on the 2019 content. So new cars, skins, drivers, teams, sounds but also UI work and under the hood work at the core of the sim to make it work properly with what is practically 2 games in one, so 2018 and 2019 season. Of course each with its own BoP and stuff.

Then on the multiplayer we have been rewriting the RC rating and is been tested as we speak and also working on car/track statistics. Other cool features are also been worked but let me stop here and talk again when its appropriate. Always better to underpromise and overdeliver right?

AI wise, work is on AI cars understanding blue flags and we have good progress on that. But the AI work never stops, always trying to make it better in racing and behaviour. Again, more info when we can, but just to let you know that it is one of the neverending research sectors.
    More work on the car spotter with new messages and improvements on yellow and wet flags
    Also much improved audio fading of cars in distance, especially on external cameras
    Pitstop animations are getting worked, there are many cars and things to take care of so not sure if they arrive for 1.0.8 or later, we'll see. But the whole team is heavily on them.

Championship is rewritten, code cleanup, bugfixes and generally should work much better under any condition. Sessions, races, results, championship tables, everything.

We are also working on the shared memory and telemetry. Shared memory wise we should have working sessions and laptimes, deltas etc, as requested by you guys. Telemetry, we're having a look to make it save before the end of a session, not sure if ready for next update, we'll see. But again looking at it.

Physics wise we have some extra stuff as usual. I can write more because obviously I'm more into that.
    We worked on the UI for tyre pressures. Enough with the confusing mess of automagic pressure we tried to do but failed lol. Now you'll be able to put at the setup whatever pressure you like and will stay so, whatever the ambient temperature. Obviously your hot pressure will vary depending what you do and ambient conditions, but you will always start with a number you know that will also remain the same in the MFD once on track. Easier to do than to explain but more on this when it's out. And yes you'll need to update your old setups but just adding a bit pressure will fix it. Preheating the tyres is now set at 70°C for slicks. Keep in mind that doesn't have to do on how the tyre pressures work, that was fine. It's all a matter of UI representation and user experience. Should be much better.
    Another great advancement to realism, we now simulate the actual water film height for the aero flow. So depending on the wetness of the road, you might be forced to raise the car ride height by up to 5mm to maintain the same aero balance. Something that the real teams also have to deal with.
    Better fuel consumption simulation for situations like idle, pitlimiter, and TC engaging.
    Various bug fixing and of course also here much work on 2019 content.

On top of that, optimization work is always undergo to make the title working better on every condition. Not much I can tell about it and even if I could it's not really exciting, but for sure the work the devs do on that department is very important and very difficult. So rest assured those guys are really trying hard behind the scenes to gain every little fps possible and improve on every single functionality possible, being single screen, VR or triple screens. Always hard on it.

Again remember, even more work is happening from what I write here and also what you read, might or might not be on 1.0.8 or whatever number update we release, depending on how unpredictable issues. Thank you all for your patience and support guys.

Thom@s, kashifm, Rioku and 98 others like this.
  19. steevee

steevee Racer

@Aristotelis the Shared memory, sessions/laptimes, is that client side? or server side?

20. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Client side

Salvatore Amato and Micii1 like this.