1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Yeah did u check the new stats where ratings are?
    It’s rough, but it’s a start.

2. dek

dek Racer

yay, page 400.:p

Ace Pumpkin and Coanda like this.
  3. Metzger

Metzger Racer

Hopefully the webserver will not run out of space due to this thread :D

4. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

Am I the only one who thinks that fun is the main (and maybe only) purpose of a sim game? The only reason I would like to join a league/event is to have a grid of people that won't quit after a few laps and a better race format than public server and have more fun. I personally wouldn't care to know how many public lobby races I've won, I think that RC is already doing a great job if you wanna know how you stack up with other players.

5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I agree with you. The benefits of league racing might be to participate in a closed community and have very clear championship results. People don't crash/quit during league races? I call BS on that. Maybe the quota will be better, but if RL pro race drivers manage to crash each other or damage their cars so they need to quit, don't tell me this doesn't happen in closed sim leagues ;-)

I only need pick-up sprint races. If you use quickjoin, the racing quality is usually very high. I don't remember too many people rage-quitting during my last few races, either. The rating system with its different aspects is perfect for making me feel good about myself, especially now that RC is back running.

I'm pretty sure that there are many (majority, I guess) who feel the same and don't care about leagues.

6. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

so there is no working offline or online driver swaps but dlc is endurance based, genius

7. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

There are working offline and online driver swaps. Ask your server admin to configure the server to try it. Improvements on that are also on the way too.

ctnich, Ischemica, AurusCE and 2 others like this.
  8. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Anyone else thing the SA rating is not working since 1.0.8? it's just going down for me but never going up even after a good safe session following the AI.

Stickdeath1980 likes this.
  9. manuel_rendo

manuel_rendo Racer

Hi
    Driver —stats work with multiplayer? Position,race,laptime,etc?
    I have not tried/seen it yet
    Rgds

10. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

very happy to hear about the new tracks coming up .

Looking forward to see more and more advanced physics implemented.. :p

11. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

I think Assetto physics is definitely fine.o_O
    The only thing I'd like to see - is a model of destruction. This would add atmospheres.

F1Aussie likes this.
  12. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

From the changelog:
    - RC Rating was rewritten and now works again both in SP and MP.
    - RC will start at 0 while the old Elo value is still remembered.
    - Numerous SA Rating improvements. Most changes raise the requirements to gain Trust, so global SA ratings are expected to drop a few points.
    - Fixed a bug where lifting on straights would generate Trust.
    - SA and RC will change at a slower rate for low AI strength (< 90%), while the balance between Trust and OBWP is untouched.

13. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

I think you are a little bit too much self-confident..

14. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Physics are definitely best but i think there is more to come in the future in physics department.
    Also i don't think destruction of vehicle will be implemented maybe due manufacture contracts etc. I could be wrong though.

15. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Yeah, you're right. Although, WRC8 (officially licensed WRC game) has a more advanced model of destruction.
    Oh, my God, we have an expert in physics here. How many Nurburgring laps? One or two?

16. F4celess

F4celess Gamer

Pretty sure Kunos has stated that there aren't anything in the licensing contracts with manufacturers about destroying the cars. It's rather a challenge to model or generate damage models and implement it in-game.
    I'll also argue that damage is already punishing enough, a minor damage costs you a few tenths every lap which already kinda ruins your chances after the t1 carnage.

17. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

I'd agree with this. I find damage to be nuanced and punishing as it is.

18. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

Is this in vr or on a screen?

19. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Screen..

20. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

Okay, wish I could find the damn file it is in so I can try your settings, how many ai do you run and what fps you get?